What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

at least it will never look as bad as the one in alien 3

Does it look bad in motion or something? It looks fine to me

It actually looks worse in motion.

Yes. It's not even so much the quality of the CGI as a wide shot of a xeno in broad daylight headbutting a windscreen just feels completely wrong.

HOLD ON

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The bottom looks a plastic model, the top was completely fine in the theater

Maybe your standards are just really low. Did you notice anything wrong with the greenscreening when notRipley was hanging from the ship?

This

It works great

I bet you liked Avatar you fruity faggot

stop being such babies, it looked good on motion

>alien made of 0s and 1s vs alien made of vacuum pipes

Desu the suit in A3 was fucking beautiful, and from a technical standpoint, better-made, though I prefer the design of the xenos from Aliens.

>old alien is a biomechanical monstrosity with tubes and shit running throughout its body
>new alien is a mutated human/engineer

H.R. Giger died.

It looks like a fucking xeno that's been juicing, it actually has bulging muscles and veins.
It's a dumb nigger roidmonkey ayy.

> Did you notice anything wrong with the greenscreening when notRipley was hanging from the ship?

I did but that was the only time when I noticed the greenscreen and it really wasn't that bad.
I think the fact that the rest of the movie has such a great use of CG means that it sticks out

Everything with the xeno looked completely fine

CGI vs person on costume.

Removing the actual meaning of aluen and ruining 30 years of mythology

So does the Xenomorph constantly drool? Wouldn't that make it dehydrate rather quickly?

The alien is not the problem. Humans are.

The one in the botton isn't made by Giger, asshole.

Glad to see the fans know his shit.

It looks like it's turning more human based on the teeth and arms.

>Removing the actual meaning of aluen

Yeah, he fucked Aluen so bad. Alien in the other hand...

this shit is the biggest meme ever, I bet half of you are just going along with it to be cool

I always wonder about this too

the top image looks just as good as the lower image

>He doesnt know about dogs

The colonists took their wheat

Somewhat good point, but Xenomorphs seem to drool much more, almost as if they were a cheap Hollywood prop.

tasty wheat?

I remember an old video with Giger talking about the condoms they used for the tendons for the Xenomorphs mouth that they had to keep reapplying the liquid drool whenever its preparing for a headbite because the innerjaw would literally rip apart because the moment it lunged out the teeth would tear right into it.

I've always assumed if its about to verbally skull fuck you, its gonna tell you before hand by drooling

THIS, il looks like shit in motion

>30 years of mythology
Lol'd. Is this the new meme for cool redditors?

How does Daivd know what tasty wheat tasted like? how could he teach his xenos the value of the land if it really doesnt taste like tasty wheat tastes?

I will always like the first Alien
it looks sort of bio-mechanical, a 200cm menacing humanoid that will kill without mercy
now they are looking like wild animals

pic related
look at how big and menacing it is

it's literally precum

Should have just ran with the avp version of the lore.

I haven't seen covenant, but the alien franchise has been a sliding scale ever since the beginning.
>take thing of horror that is supposed to be the pinnacle of evolution in the most brutal way possible
>turn it into a weird mix of genetic experiment flops and mishaps
>take a mix of characters who do their jobs pretty well besides the one making the highest decisions who is really just too greedy and cold, not flat-out dumb
>turn them into typical horror movie bad-decision making characters
>be surprised when you take away half of the few things people really enjoy seeing and are less likely to forgive the propaganda BS as a result
also, no more Paxton
youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

nothing about the engineers, the human race is boring

the only franchises where every film is the same riff on the first one are shitty horror sequels like Friday the 13th Part 9 and the completely rubbish Halloween sequels.

There is really no point in rehashing that style of horror. You have to take it somewhere to keep it interesting.

Lorefags on suicide watch
Get fucked you filthy hipster cuck

Giger knew exectly what he was doing.

Nothing.

This list is incredibly fair and accurate.
This wasn't made from Sup Forums, right?
I mean you guys are idiots that pick your own assholes and eat your own shit all day, i doubt any of you even remotely have the mental capacity to actually judge things fairly like in that pic.

You don't have to change the entire story and drop what was effective to begin with and create something that is less visceral to make it more interesting, though.
If you do decide to drop what you have going for the franchise, you had better make sure you put in something else and do it just as well if you want the same sort of love for it. That is really hard to do, yet Hollywood loves them because they have markets ready-to-go. It's soap-opera or comic book syndrome.

this. Aso dubs

>ruining 30 years of mythology

Yet another retard who didnt understand the movie

I always hated the changed domes on the Xenos in Aliens. The new one looks much better IMO.

Neomorph is best morph in Covenant

I dunno, it doesn't look like a rubber suit anymore? Incredible.

they should've left the xenomorph out of this movie and only use neomorphs

the movie is good as Prometheus 2, but forcefully linking it to original Alien was a mistake

Instead it looks like a video game monster.

isn't a Xenomorph is a Protomorph