"AQUAMAN" GETTING PAGE ONE REWRITE

Oh, boy...

comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-justice-leagues-dafoe-play-atlantean-aquaman-being-rewritten

Didn't they originally have two scripts being written, with Warner Bros picking the best one? Both scripts must have sucked, then.

What does page one rewrite mean? Complete rewrite? Wonder if that has anything to do with the issues Wan was apparently having

Literally starting fresh from page one. Everything scrapped and begun anew.

They order two scripts and smash them together.

>rumor

Wow WB is really fumbling around with their movies. Do they actually want to make Superhero films or are they just striking the financial iron while it's hot, thanks to the other companies successes?

The only thing they need to do is throw the script in the trash. Of all of the movies they're setting up, Aquaman is the biggest potential bust. Think about it.

It's an underwater movie so it's gonna be expensive as fuck. Whether it's CGI or practical effects water aint cheap. Then you have the point where unlike characters like Cyborg and Flash, Aquaman is still a joke and profit toxic. I saw reports that as soon as the Aquaman LEGO Dimensions pack was released, it immediately went to clearance. Stores fucking knew they couldn't give that shit away and down priced it from the start.

And what licensing deals are they gonna get for Aquaman? Cyborg could get some tech related ones and Flash could get some fast food tie in or some sports related thing but what company want's to stick Aquamans face on their packages? This movie is just a bad idea.

>hollywood execs
>being capable of 'wanting' anything other than the safe profits they can find in a floundering industry

>Devin Faraci

I don't get it, why is Aquaman considered such a joke character compared to other superheroes? He doesn't seem to be any lamer than others.

I'm more of a Marvelfag so I'm not really familiar with the DC universe and its characters. I don't really understand why he'd be a riskier character than say, Ant-Man, the Guardians or Captain America.

Exactly.

If WB had been smart they would've kicked Zacky-boy off after MoS, made films for Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and GL (along with SS, I guess), then released JL and have a few awesome Aquaman and Cyborg scenes to get people hyped for their movies.

Instead people are going to associate Aquaman with BvS, MoS and (the probably terrible) JL. Aquaman simply cannot carry a movie under those circumstances.

People are going to be in denial until this turd drops, aren't they?

Superfriends cartoon.

Superfriends, Robot Chicken and Family Guy. He is the joke character that is powerless out of water and can only talk to fish.

None of this is actually true but if you tell them to read a comic book or watch that episode of BatB, they'll ignore you (as a best case scenario). I love Aquaman and I actually quite like the Mamoa angle but its associated with BvS which people hate.

He has a dorky name that doesn't sound cool, he has a dorky costume that doesn't look cool, and he's portrayed as largely useless in non-comic media.

Yes.

inb4
>how Warner killed the Superhero Movie Genre
all over youtube after aquaman and JL drops

Disney should be total cunts and put Namor in their movie that releases right before Aquaman does.

Isn't Namor at Universal or something?

Yep. They could probably make Namor bang She-Hulk movie or something.

I think they have the distribution rights, or at least a cut of the profits, but marvel owns the rights to use the character, same with the hulk.

So no namor in movies

this is a process for every single movie made. They hire multiple writers to present their script, then they get another group of people to review/edit/ it and modify it more.

Okay, and? The movie isn't even going to start shooting until well into next year due to Justice League. They most likely want to rewrite it so that it'll be less expensive. Or Wan's got some new ideas that require a major rew-write. People are acting like headless chickens any time DC related movie news is reported as a rumor now.

>source = birth movie death
>Devin Faraci

Oh nothing to see here. Fucking retard is spazzing a lot these days just throwing any rumor out there so he gets for more publicity.

SUICIDE SQUAD HAS NO JOKES

>Can't match Marvel
>can barely keep up with Fox
>NEW PLAN
>CRASH THIS INDUSTRY
>WITH NO SURVIVORS

Probably to add more "FUN"®!!!

I would welcome this, honestly.

>Sup Forums believe in baseless rumors
>...again
Teenage girls are less prone to gossiping.

I find all this "change the movie even before of release to fit the tastes of the audience" disturbing.

I mean, is like that brillant minds that say X or Y videogame franchise has to change because "people doesn't like that any more" and "it has to go to the new times", then they sell shit compared with what they sold before changing it.

They want to make Nolan style cape movies only bleaker, slightly less realistic and more serious.

>Birth.Movies.Death.

>Devin Faraci

>unnamed sources

Read

Terrio is going to make BvS the GOAT, user. Haven't you heard?

>why is Aquaman considered such a joke character compared to other superheroes?

Because he's considered a joke character.

So if what said is true when you release a toy of the character, the stores immediately trash it, which means that everybody sees the character as a joke even more.

Basically normies are fucking stupid.

C-lister character nobody knew until the Superfriends cartoon happened
He became famous but at the cost of being the joke character

>caring

No one besides internet kiddies cares at all. I and everyone else just want quality proper Batman films. Not gonna see Aquashit. Not gonna see Flashit. Not gonna see Wonder Jew. Not gonna Super Fag. And fucking hell I'm definitely not going to see Cybore.

Green Lantern Corps may be great. Don't really care either way.

>a movie getting a script rewrite

Woah man that stuff never happens!

>I don't really understand why he'd be a riskier character than say, Ant-Man, the Guardians or Captain America.
None of those characters ever had the level of recognition that Aquaman has had. It's just that all of Aquaman's recognition has been negative.

>he has a dorky costume that doesn't look cool
Relative. You could argue that pretty much every superhero's costume is dorky in some incarnation.

>hack director of Flash gets fired
>PANIC

>hack writers of Aquaman get fired
>PANIC

Why are the good news for the DCEU always turned into something bad?

Mostly company war fags. People like Devin Faraci who lives off rumors via 'insider sources' and Youtube channels like IGN, Machinima and any other tryhard fag channel that report these and get 100k views.

>Dafoe
>Atlantean
so Ocean Master?

want there going to be some Cthulhu like stuff involved

It's like the character is eternally cursed or something.

This is what pisses me off about this entire universe, WB is being reactive rather than innovative. In theory you should get a good director with vision nad having a basic understanding and interest in the source material. This shit right here screams "this is popular now, we need to tweak it". Corporate, by the numbers, at its finest

>WB is being reactive rather than innovative.
probably because everyone shits all over everything they try.

>E-everything is f-f-fine...

He's playing a good guy.

They've tried giving Zack Snyder keys to their cinematic universe. Zack Snyder!

i like MoS and BvS tho

>WB is being reactive
>Because people bully their decisions
>But they gave the franchise to Snyder
>But I like him

You can't have this both ways user

That's like your opinion dude that is not going to be heard over overwhelming criticism and Zack Snyder's "Muh Oscar winning screenwriter! Your just Mahvel drones, a babies! RAPE! RAPE! RAPE!"

The problem with DC is that most of it's heroes aside from Batman are really lame and they have been made living jokes for decades.
Hell, if it wasn't for Nolan, Batman would still be a joke.

>Hell, if it wasn't for Burton, Batman would still be a joke.
fixed

Those were good, but Batman Forever and Batman and Robin trashed Batman's mainstream reputation for almost a decade, or even more considering the really succesful one was The Dark Knight and not Batman Begins.

You don't actually truly believe this, do you?

They have THOUSANDS of characters, and you think most of them are lame?

Jesus Christ.

Warner Bros. are thinking the same.

Burton's movies showed you could do a Batman that wasn't campy Adam West. Yeah, Forever and B&R ruined that run of movies, but it didn't ruin Batman. Batman stayed popular.

Whats infuriating is that WB is sitting on a goldmine and they've fumbled on nearly every turn. Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, each has the potential for good film making. If they didn't have such apathy for the material and hired competent people they'd be sitting pretty. But apparently we cant have nice things

On one hand I wouldn't get all the shit I want in movies. On the other hand, all the normies will leave the comics be. Difficult decision

>Whats infuriating is that WB is sitting on a goldmine and they've fumbled on nearly every turn.
Yep. Their movies suck. Their comics suck. Even the animated stuff sucks now.

WB and DC management needs to be completely replaced

The problem is that they have.
I believe if they put the guys in charge of the DCAU in charge of the DCEU they could make some really good movies and that people would like them.

Not him, but that's WB's mindset.
That's why they are making everything so dark, or why Snyder thinks doing everything so dark is good, because he thinks superheroes are ridiculous.

It's mind blowing what Disney has done to these fucking retards.

No one's going to see an Aquaman movie. He's a complete joke, even the Ant-Man movie stood better chances.

If they want to make a successful Aquaman movie, introduce him in the Justice League movie. Show normies that he can be cool, then try afterwards. A pre-JL Aquaman movie would be sent out to die.

He is in the Justice League movie.

They need people with mentality like the DCAU people but being a good cartoonist isn't the same as being good at live action, you can't just put them on the movies and think it would work.

It's what WB has failed to do, man, and deep down you know that.

You'd be surprised what one trailer could do

Sure, I mean have the guys in the DCAU be like Kevin Feige in the MCU, guide the others, but let other directors and such make their own things.

how new are you?

This is the kind of thing people said about Ant-Man and GotG before they came out though.

>Mysteries of the deep
>Things are occuring, unknown beyond your ability to sense or know about them
>Go in search of the phenomonen
>It turns out something ancient is rising
>Build up to prevent this from happening
>Some ancient maguffin(atlantean)
>Its a race against time
>just in time to see all your efforts fail
>It rises

shit bait

>if they put the guys in charge of the DCAU in charge of the DCEU
the DCAU sucks bad. do you fuckers actually watch these animated movies or just repeat old shit you hear online?

most of them have been crap and there's only be a couple decent ones since DCAU decided to go New 52 with Flashpoint Paradox.

Thats not the DCAU you fucktard. Theyre referring to the people behind JLU and the related shows

The DCAU is BTAS, STAS, Beyond, JL, JLU, Static, and Zeta. And maybe that shitty Gotham Girls web series I think? I think the only movies that count would be Phantasm, Return of the Joker, and Mystery of the Batwoman. Brainaic Attacks is not canon despite the art style.

>implying Timm hasn't produced those and most DC animated movies
and they allll suck. DC hasn't produced anything good in forever. when's the last time they pulled off a good animated series? ten years ago?

you people are living in the past. there is no good DC in any format any more.

you better hope Rebirth isn't Stillbirth because DC is coasting on fumes.

Damage Control Extended Universe.

The movies do suck but Timm hasn't been in charge of the recent ones, it's mostly Tucker (who did do some DCAU work but clearly the movies aren't in his wheelhouse given that his actual brainchild in BATB was so good). And no one is saying he should do it alone, we all know Dini was the real mastermind not Timm. And they also did not do a well with anyone above street level after STAS anyway so it would require additional input from someone who can handle higher power levels.

I kind of blame Johns for not being more assertive though. This sort of thing is part of his job anyway and I don't see anything of him in the movies. Maybe it's just a corporate structure thing that he can't break though but I see nothing of his influence in the final products.

>I see nothing of his influence in the final products.
apparently he was shocked at the bad reviews for BvS. we'll probably see Johns version of Darkseid, which makes me sad.

WB executives probably outrank DC executives

Flash's director wasn't fired, he walked

Scripts are basically contract work; you write a script, submit it, and if the studio accepts it, you get paid. But it typically ends there. In some cases, people do have contracts with studios to write exclusively for them,however, i.e. Goyer for WB.

Tl;dr stop

Where is that collage with the Oscars involved in BvS?

He was tapped to write, then let good of.

>are going to be in denial until this turd drops

And for years afterwards, user.

>The problem with DC is that most of it's heroes aside from Batman are really lame and they have been made living jokes for decades.
Oh fuck off with this ignorant bullshit.

The sad thing is, with the way WB has no faith in any of their properties that isn't Batman and to a lesser extent, Superman, they only fuel these kinds of beliefs.

Literally ALL they need is the confidence that Marvel has and some people who know what they're doing in charge. All they need. But they can't even do that.

The DCU is just as magical and cool as the MU and some of us even prefer it. But WB doesn't seem to think so.

What I wouldnt give to be a fly on the WB corporate office or read emails about all the drama

>Superfriends, Robot Chicken and Family Guy. He is the joke character that is powerless out of water and can only talk to fish.
>None of this is actually true but if you tell them to read a comic book or watch that episode of BatB, they'll ignore you (as a best case scenario). I love Aquaman and I actually quite like the Mamoa angle but its associated with BvS which people hate.
My nigga.

>we all know Dini was the real mastermind not Timm.
Come on, user. I like Dini as much as the next guy, but this just simply isn't very true. Reminder that Dini's actual comic book work is decent at best. He's not really *that* good.

When this whole effort started with "We'll make a gritty realistic take on Superman's mythology", I knew the entire DCCU had been poisoned by the success of The Dark Knight.

We could have had a bright mythology with charming characters that exude the best aspects of their comic versions. Instead we have the most extreme Elseworlds-inspired versions, while autistic fanboys have been conditioned to sneer at "quips" and hate "fun".

The Elseworlds were always weird treats for the most dedicated and immersed fans. They are a stupid choice for the flagship interpretations of the DC universe. 70 years of good feelings pissed down a hole.

>Snyder Aquaman
>Literally walks on water
>By the climax of the movie, he finally dives
>Water turns into wine
>Dies of alcohol poison

Boo fuckin hoo dude, read a comic.

>All the sea life dies of alcohol poisoning
>Aquaman destroys fishing trawlers in a drunken rage

Fixed that for you.

to be fair, when most people demand optimistic and "fun" Superman, they're talking about the Chris Reeve movies or STAS, not comics. the comics have just as much of the MoS and BvS Superman as they do they other versions of him.

Oh, I forgot "You just don't read comics", thanks Aspie.
My problem is that I've spent the last 36 years reading better comics than you have.

That's why I don't think Face-off Joker, Necksnapper Wonder Woman and Man of Ruthlessness are good fucking comics.

It was the goat, in a biblical sense.

Shaken, not stirred.