Was Avengers Disassembled really the start of modern Marvel? 616 at least

Was Avengers Disassembled really the start of modern Marvel? 616 at least

Indeed it was. Thank based Bendis for ushering us into new golden age.

Cap looks really pissed at the other avengers for leaving their shit all over the place.

Of course, he's going to have to clean it all up

Extra mad at Thor leaving the hammer,he has to clean around it

Yeah, it's been nothing but a stream of events trying to top the last one since then

No, I'd say Marvel Knights (specifically Quesada/Smith Daredevil and Ennis Punisher) are the start of modern Marvel and marked the end of the Harras/Defalco era

Yeah? What were Inferno, Acts of Vengeance, Infinity Gauntlet (and War), Galactic Storm, Marvel VS DC, Maximum Carnage, Age of Apocalypse, the Clone Saga, Onslaught, Heroes Reborn then?

Fuck you Thor! Stop leaving that hammer everywhere!

Those were worse. At least most modern events are in their own books and easy to follow. Shit like Galactic Storm were like 19 parts spread out over 8 different books. That shit was a nightmare to follow.

Yes. Bendis saved Marvel twice. He made the Ultimate Universe work with Ultimate Spiderman and he made the Avengers the MAIN book of the 616 for the first time in decades with Avengers Disassembled and New Avengers.

Unfortunately yes.
Thanks for fucking it up for Wanda, Vision, Clint, Jen, and countless others Bendis, you dick.

I legitimately think Bendis has some kind of cuck fetish. What's with the constant blacking?

Yeah, constant, as in all the time, like with Luke and Jessica and umm... ummm. Luke and Jessica!

Seriously though, what the fuck are you on about?

those two things happened so close to each other chronologically i'm not sure they should count as two different things?

I don't see the problem with Luke and Jess. Is it just because Luke is black and Jess is white? I don't recall any special "omg so progressive" things about it like people complain about in modern comics.

Who's guy behind Carol?

Sentry I'd assume.

No I'd still have a problem with it if it was the other way around.

>Wanda

Yeah, he ruined all those years of great character development. All those years of being human baggage for other characters and being a prize in the endless Vision/Wonder Man nonsense.

>Vision

Again, a paragon of consistent character development. Never before Bendis was Vision ever killed off or had his memory wiped or made into an asshole, nope only Bendis.

>Clint

I'll give you that one. I'm not unreasonable.

>Jen

I'd argue he's one of the few writer to actually use Spider-Woman for something.

>Countless others

Hyperbole at best, incorrect at worst.

Not really what I was talking about, I was more confused about what you disliked about them. Was there something stupid I'm forgetting or just your personal bias?

my problem with luke and jess is that it kind of ruins luke cage

That guy was at his coolest when he was the bad cop to Iron Fist's mellow billionaire hippy good cop. The literal and figurative man who won't break.

Now he's pussy whipped and always worried about providing/being a good example/making the world a better place for for his kid.

Oh yeah. I thought it's Doc Samson for some reason.

>Jen
I think he meant Jennifer Walters and not Jessica Drew

I don't think interracial relationships look good in comics or in real life.

Spider-Woman is Jessica. Jen is She-Hulk. And the B-man absolutely took a big steaming shit on her.

Oh God not....CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Well that's just too bad for you, because they exist. In all shapes and colors.

>Avengers Disassembled
why was west coast avengers being disassembled way better then this? when they all were quitting and throwing down their cards, and us agent throwing his shield into the ocean. i miss west coast avengers

It's not too bad for me because I'm not in one.

Luke developed all right. Developed into a really boring character.

it is kind of too bad for you because you are the one sperging out over a literal non issue. im sorry your mom dated black men when you were a kid, but sometimes you just got to grow up

>Oh God not....CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!!
I don't think that the end result of all character development is characters turning into a dull mush

You can give Spider-Man character development without taking away his wiseacre shenanigans or his responsibility complex

You can give character development to Wolverine without taking away how much he likes to stab people to death

You take away Luke Cage's tough guy mystique, and what's left behind? Just... some dude.

Hey, at least his family didn't develop like Kyle's girlfriends.

I'm just an opinion. I'm sorry that's activated your cuck gland.

Oh, alright then. I don't have a problem with interracial couples as long as they aren't waving around a flag saying how special they are because of it. Ironically, I'm a massive mutt like the rest of my family and I really hate people who act like that's special.

Okay, then why poo poo other people doing it?You're not in one, it doesn't effect you at all.

The start of modern marvel was when they made their first race change

>Marvel Knights
MK to Disassembled was an era in itself, it even has a name, NuMarvel

You can't seriously compare New X-Men, X-Statix, Busiek Avengers, Marvel Knights Cap, Alias, Bendis DD, pre-FF Ultimate, Priest Panther, Craptacular B-Sides etc to anything that came after

>I don't have a problem with interracial couples as long as they aren't waving around a flag saying how special they are because of it

And how often does that happen? It's not like Interracial couples have parades in the street like some, not all, but some gays do. They're just like any other couple, only they tend to get shit for it form people who don't have any business with them.

Because their offspring more often than not see themselves as their minority parent's race. Also a lot of the times the kids don't feel like they belong anywhere because they're half one thing and half another. It's one or the other, usually.

It's not like I accost interracial couples in the street or anything. I treat them like anyone else.

Even if that is is true, that's none of your business. Who cares what they identify as, it doesn't effect you in the slightest.

Seems like a problem with society moreso than the couples, a problem of which (as far as I can tell) you're a part of.

Rarely, it's not an organized thing of course and more like something you run into once in a blue moon. There are totally people out their who fetishize it. Are you imply I'm acting persecuted with that image? It's more of a "Wait what?" feeling then being persecuted. Probably should've said that instead

As for why they tend to do that, it's been my experience that they do that because the majority parent's race, whatever that may be, tends to be the race of people who treat them like shit the most. Statements like the "one drop" analogy don;t tend to come from whatever the minority group in the situation is.

Statistics showing the decline of the white population say otherwise.

It's human nature to want to have "your people". There's nothing wrong with that. When there's a person who is mixed race subliminally you wouldn't feel like you 100% belong anywhere.

ITT: tumblr and mcu drones

>Confusing She Hulk with Spider Woman
user, you have revealed yourself to be human garbage. Then again, you're defending Bendis so it wasn't that hard.

Alright, once we start getting into the "decline of the white race" we've officially reached the point of no return.

It's a fair statement.

You get an interesting perspective when you look white but have a father who looks black. Both of my parents are mutts so I just ended up like this. Long story short, a lot of idiots say something to you. Grew up in a run down neighborhood which didn't really help the issue.

Either way, can we get back on topic?

You sure he is not Bendis?

>Just... some dude
That is kinda the reason people like him on top of everything. His PM persona is awesome, but the fact he is just a man makes him great.In a world with capes with so much over convoluted bullshit background stories it is good to have him.

I don's see a problem either, Sup Forums needs to leave

it's also kinda funny how Luke is with Jessica and Danny is was with Misty
has this been addressed at some point?

Oh God, that's perfect.

He was the fucking coolest is Parker's Thunderbolts and Ewing's Mighty Avengers.

IMO it was House of M, Bendis first event and what started shit in motion that was only resolved years later in Avengers vs X-men.

"There is no such thing as Chaos Magic."
- Doctor Retard

The stupidest, dumbest line ever uttered in a Marvel comic.

>tfw 10 years of Luke Cage wank

Bendis destroyed nearly all her friendships, retconned out one of the best and most interesting symbiotic villain/hero(ine) dynamics (Wanda/Chthon).

Bendis ignored decades of character development of one of the few Marvel females to have a truly meaningful arc. She had one of the greatest arcs and he shat on it.

When exactly did Avengers overtake X-men as the number #1 franchise? Was it due to the rise of the MCU at the time? Because Disassembled/House of M was 3 - 4 years before the first Iron Man film.

It's human nature to do a lot of things that shouldn't be socially acceptable, having a bunch of kids with different women is frowned upon in society to the point where only the poor and educated are the main perps.
Treating people like shit because they're different from you is only 'acceptable' because it's usually profitable.

The start of modern Marvel was 2004's Secret War which gave us the rebooted SHIELD and set up New Avengers, Secret Invasion

just no one remembers it because it was delayed to hell and finished after Avengers Disassembled had already started

Your writing is a mess.

>just no one remembers it because it was delayed to hell and finished after Avengers Disassembled had already started

also because it was secret

Sorry, I'm at work, typing on my cracked iPhone under my desk.

Are you saying this was before or after Disassembled?

>What were Inferno

Wacky

>Acts of Vengeance

Mismanaged but good

>Infinity Gauntlet (and War)

Fucking awesome

>Galactic Storm

Shit

>Marvel VS DC

Fun

>Maximum Carnage

Shit with the occasional win

>Age of Apocalypse

FUCKING GLORIOUS

>the Clone Saga

Editorially mismanaged and entirely too long

>Onslaught

meh

>Heroes Reborn

Shit

It was around the era we are talking about. Bendis is the one who put the Avengers on the path that lead into the MCU.

who is the character associated with the grey cybernetic head/helmet in this cover?

ANTS?

They were easy to follow. Each part told you what issue the next part was in. Nowadays you get varying levels of tieing in, and timelines that are all over the place.

*girlfriend
Maaybe Jade counts too, but I'd argue otherwise.