FANTASTIC FOUR 2 Still Happening At Fox, Says Simon Kinberg

comicbookmovie.com/fantastic_four/fantastic-four-2-still-happening-at-fox-according-to-simon-kinberg-a141636

The ride never ends.

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/us/movies/fantastic-four/255365/fantastic-four-2-could-happen-with-same-cast
omegaunderground.com/2016/04/13/x-men-avengers-crossover-deadpool-tim-miller-kinberg/
youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wow that Reed Richards looks terrible

Will it be titled Fant42tic ?

They're hanging on to the rights now just out of spite

Words are cheap.

Not saying its impossible, I'm more than willing to believe that Fox is willing to keep throwing away money just to spite Disney, but I'll believe it when principal photography starts. Until then its just hot air.

I mean, WB said that about Green Lantern too, but they didn't keep saying it a year later.

2 Fantastic 2 Four

The thing is, if they want to keep the rights, what's to stop them just releasing a film where the Fantastic Four stand in shot for 2 hours dancing and releasing it to theatres every couple of years?

>Exclusive: producer Simon Kinberg says another Fantastic Four movie is still alive at Fox, with the same cast and a “brighter” tone.

>Mired by rumours of behind-the-scenes problems and released to a hostile response, 2015’s Fantastic Four was far from the franchise reboot Fox wanted. Indeed, the removal of Fantastic Four 2 from the studio’s schedule (it was once slated for the summer of 2017) might suggest that a sequel’s out of a question.

>According to producer and co-writer Simon Kinberg, however, there’s still appetite for a sequel at Fox - even if they have gone back to the drawing board for now. When we brought the subject of Fantastic Four 2 up at the junket for X-Men: Apocalypse, Kinberg made no secret of his feelings about the 2015 film and its dramatic departure from the comics.

>“We didn't make a good movie,” Kinberg said, “and the world voted, and I think they probably voted correctly. And you can't make a good movie every time out - not everybody does. We actually have a pretty good batting average, all things considered. But I think we made many mistakes when we made that movie - mistakes that we learned from and we wouldn't repeat.”

>At the same time, Kinberg said that the desire to make another Fantastic Four at Fox still remains - and with the same core cast of the last film:

>>“We want to make another Fantastic Four movie. We love that cast - I mean if I were to say to you now Michael B Jordan and Miles Teller, and Kate [Mara] and Jamie [Bell] are great actors - we love that cast. I love the comic, I mean I love it almost as much as X-Men.”

>If it happens, the next Fantastic Four movie would, Kinberg adds, be closer in tone to the comics - so far less of the Cronenbergian body horror than we got in Josh Trank’s reboot.

I can see it. They have to use the property every few years or they lose it. Got to keep that property somehow. And now that Michael B. Jordan has had his breakout role as Adonis in Creed, they can use his growing start power in the promotion. And heck if War Dogs works out maybe Miles Teller can become a draw too.

And if it all just happens to fuck over Disney who took Star Wars from them, I guess that's just a bonus.

Now this is just turning into pure utter spite at Marvel Studios.

It's a wonder why Marvel can't just buy the rights from them.

>>“We'll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely - well, not completely, but largely - distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone. I think we tried to make a darker Fantastic Four movie, which seemed like a radical idea but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic.”

>>At this stage, it’s far from clear whether another Fantastic Four film will happen, though Kinberg seems upbeat about its chances.

>>“We're working really hard on figuring that out,” he said. “Nothing would make me happier than the world embracing a Fantastic Four movie.”

More on this as we get it.

Original sauce: denofgeek.com/us/movies/fantastic-four/255365/fantastic-four-2-could-happen-with-same-cast

I think Kate Mara and Miles Teller don't want nothing to do with the movie due to experiencing hell with Josh "I'm a serious artist" Trank.

>FANTASTIC FOUR 2 Still Happening
Nope. Uh-uh. You're fucking lying

This is happening the same way the Gambit movie is happening, which is the same way the Venom movie is happening

Are you guys seriously gonna believe Simon fuckning Kinberg? Come on

I don't think Fox has totally given up the dream that they can turn Fantastic Four into a successful franchise.

I am shocked to think that they are even trying to pretend this considering what Kate Mara has said publicly about this movie. I bet even she knew this was gonna go south so she was pretty much unhinged about stating her dislike of it

Sounds like a soft reboot to me. Same cast, same world, but total tonal shift. And the sad part? It will probably still suck, and it will probably still flop. Maybe it will be better. I mean, it could hardly be any worse, but it's not getting my money.

FOX has completely lost all respect where the F4 are concerned. They have such little regard for what the audience wants, and for actually making a decent film. This sequel is not coming out of any demand for it by anyone except the studio, and if they do this, just to keep the rights that are losing them money, they are fools that deserve any financial ruin that results.

Miles Teller was a fucking great actor in Whiplash, i bet none of the actors thought this movie would be such a disaster. If they make another F4 movie it would just be to keep the rights for another x years.

I think they could go for another one to be honest since Deadpool was a gigantic success. 58 million budget and 760 million box office, excluding the blue ray sales that just released.

The problem is people don't want to see another F4 movie unless it turns out amazing. They already used Doctor Doom, so what's next? Use Silver Surfer for the 2nd time?

Do they seriously believe "Fourth time's the charm" or what?

They know this movie is a joke to everybodyright?

Also I know that Fant4stic is probably the biggest modern example of a box office bomb. How they think they can even pretend a sequel is happening is beyond me

Skrulls maybe?

This reminds me of James Cameron making Avatar 2 all over again.
>"Avatar 2 is coming out by next year, I'm positive this will become a multimedia franchise"
>"Ok Mr. Cameron where is it, any trailers, any actors being cast, anything being written?"
>"oh...uh...well...it's coming that's for sure. It's being made right now as we speak"
>"Ok can we see it."
>"NO YOU CAN'T, IT'S BEING MADE RIGHT NOW, I DID NOT SPEND ALL THAT BOX OFFICE MONEY ON COCAINE AND GOLDEN BIKINI WHORES!"

This is what is currently going on with Fantastic Four 2 right now. Expect replace cocaine and golden bikini whores with bullets for a upcoming suicide for the executives at Fox after looking at the box office returns.

ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Mole Man. Skrulls. Namor. (Okay not him, fucking Universal.) Diablo. Psycho-man.

They need the guts to go BIG after trying to go small and seeing what that did. Giant monsters, underground cities, shapeshifting monsters taking over the world, crazy fantastic four shit.

because if you're smart you can negotiate at a cheaper price. Disney is not desperate for F4 and they don't need F4 for Phase 3.

Da-ha! Not if I have anything to say about it!

A lawsuit.

Any blatantly obvious attempt to merely meet the letter of the contract will result in Disney suing Fox, suing and winning. A court *will* give the property back to Marvel if Fox is shown making filler material just to fulfill the contract terms, they've gotta at least try to make a profitable film.

At this point its purely personal. Someone at Fox is willing to lose money to spite a rival/enemy at Disney. No rational actor would behave this way, they'd cut a deal with Disney similar to the Spidey deal with Sony, let Disney make the FF movies while Fox sits back and gets free money for doing literally nothing. Thats a no-brainer, but Fox is not acting rationally.

Annihilus. Blastaar. Fucking Mole Man would be preferable to doing the same villains in the same order a second time. If they do Galactus in the second fucking movie again, I'm not even going to watch a torrent of it, just on principle.

I don't believe Fox would be that stupid in regards to making a sequel to a film so equally panned by critics, fans and even the actors that were in the movie.

Why, Disney is richer than Scoorge McDuck right now. While I think they will lose all that moolah due to that stupid Tim Burton Alice movie nobody wanted or like. I'm pretty much they wouldn't even care.

>Kinberg before F4stic came out
"We want to bring something different, darker and edgier. A unique vision and unlike the Fantastic Four in the comics because those are dumb. This is the way to go"

>Kinberg now
"Uh uh, this is gonna be brighter. We are going to stay truer to the original tone! Trank was a mistake!"

>"We'll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely - well, not completely, but largely - distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone. I think we tried to make a darker Fantastic Four movie, which seemed like a radical idea but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic.”

Hahahahahahaha go fuck yourself

I will sacrifice my firstborn son to Mickey Mouse if it means getting the Fantastic Four away from Fox.
SAVE US MOUSE!

To be fair, the first two Tim Story directed movies made money. They both made around 3 times their budget, so they weren't commercial flops just critical ones. This is more like 2nd times the charm because that's the only one to fail where it matters most, at the box office.

>tfw Disney has gotten so powerful, they don't even need lawyers to win their cases anymore
>tfw their name alone wins court cases
>tfw they have Charlie Cox represent them for shits and giggles

Which is weird because both Tim Miller and Kinberg are really good friends with Feige and would like a crossover with the MCU.

omegaunderground.com/2016/04/13/x-men-avengers-crossover-deadpool-tim-miller-kinberg/

>“I think we all would, and I think there’s so much crossover in the comic it would be neat to one day see those characters share a movie. It would be fun to all team up [Fox and Marvel] one day, somehow, together, if that would work.”

>“Both of us are actually quite close with Kevin,“ Simon Kinberg says, “and have a profound amount of respect for what he does. And it would be fun to all team up one day, somehow, together, if that could work.”

>Tim Miller isn’t a stranger to Marvel Studios either, as he did direct the opening sequence to Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World and was hired by Kevin Feige. There’s even a nod to Kevin in Deadpool with the pizza company being named Feige’s Famous Pizza, obviously the two still share a good relationship.

>“But I would love to, someday, in part, heal the rift between the world of X-Men and the world of Avengers,“ Tim Miller added.

they'll prob do the samething bay did with the turtles and pretty much put everything related to F4 in the movie.
i.e. the iconic mole monster coming out of the ground.
the costumes (prob be an updated version of the first FF movie - brighter/later '4')
dooms father coming to the states to get revenge and calling himself 'doctor doom'

also anyone have that pic of the cast saying or going to a con before the movie came out and no one noticing them.

Well James Cameron has confirmed he's got a plan for up to Avatar 4, and the main reason he doesn't make sequels earlier is apparently he's waiting on the technology to advance.

I absolutely think Mole Man could be a fantastic movie villain. He's got monsters, he's got the Underground, he's got "Hey, you're freaks, I'M a freak, why are we not friends?", he's got moleoids.

>they have Charlie pretend to be blind
>and frequently point his ear at the chest of the person on the stand

Exactly. You don't get rich by making shitty deals for properties and you don't stay rich by doing that either. Why bother with FF if they don't really need it?

You do know Tim Burton's Alice in the Wonderland made a billion right?

He goes in with sunglasses and a walking stick as Matt Murdock, and recites a script written by Disney, and they just win.

What movies does Fox have to possibly piss of another country? I'm pretty sure the North Korea hacks were a major blow to Sony.

This sounds so amazing, I want to see it

I tried really hard to like this movie but I couldn't even finish it. It was really quite boring and the boring characters made it worse.

Not even memeing but did anyone else kind of think they were a bit autistic? Especially Reed and Sue. It's like Trank wanted to really highlight that their intellect is why they're set apart in the first place. Which is an admirable change of pace from the awful previous ones, but I don't think he did it very well.

oh this would be gold
>they call jon bernthal as a witness

>I tried really hard to like this movie
Why?

No seriously why? There's no reason to force yourself like this

Feige managed to make a really great deal for Spider-Man, they didn't have to pay anything for him in the end.

From those leaked emails, I think Sony wanted about $5 million dollars at first for the rights, but in the end Feige managed to convince them to share the rights.

I meant the sequel which doesn't look interesting at all.

This is just all lip service. Just like when Hugh Jackman said he would like Wolverine to be part of the Avengers. Only money talks, unless Fox and Marvel make a deal nothing will happen.

Encouraging to see Kinberg openly admit Fantastic Four failed as a film. Although, I have to wonder who was at fault. Trank for his odd and off-putting direction, or Fox for entrusting such a big-budget movie to an inexperienced director?

>Fantastic Four producer wants a second chance with same cast

>"We didn't make a good movie," he said, "The world voted, and I think they probably voted correctly. And you can't make a good movie every time out--not everybody does. We actually have a pretty good batting average, all things considered. But I think we made many mistakes when we made that movie--mistakes that we learned from and we wouldn't repeat."
>"I think we tried to make a darker Fantastic Four movie, which seemed like a radical idea but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic."
>"We'll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely--well, not completely, but largely--distinct from the X-Men, which is a brighter, funner, more optimistic tone. Nothing would make me happier than the world embracing a Fantastic Four movie."

3 strikes involving a failed film adaption of Fantastic Four. He may want to try again but it's very clear that Fox cannot make a good superhero film to save their own asses, much less a Fantastic Four one. With the exception of giving people free reign which is why the Deadpool film was good.

You want to do it right. Pulpy 60s 70s Science Fiction Action in the vein of Thunderbirds. Earn that First Family of Superheros moniker.

Why not both?

Though I think Trank's ideas were shit from the start

Apparently Trank was the same way through Chronicle, so he's pretty much a phoney.

Seriously though, what did Marvel get from letting Fox make the X-Men TV shows?

I find it hard to believe that they let Fox do those shows without getting anything in exchange.

>I think Sony wanted about $5 million dollars at first for the rights

I think it was Billion, not million.

>>>LeddiT

Yeah billion, my mistake.

Uh huh. The cast hated it. You need to pay them the entire budget of the first or to get them back.

Individually.

>I have to wonder who was at fault.

Most people speculate Trank and Fox interference are both to blame. But Trank is a retard. He made one good movie, and Fox hires this new 'talented' and of course cheap director to direct F4. Then he tells the cast to never read the comics, and tries to make F4 as a spiritual sequel to Chronicle. Then gets fired by Disney to direct Star Wars Rogue One. He killed his career so soon kek.

Aren't they under contract? They can just force them to come back.

Marvel could make a deal with Fox to give them the rights to the Fantastic Four.

While they can let them share the rights to the X-Men, allowing them to work together and broadcast a MCU TV show on FOX. Which could lead to some big Marvel MCU/Fox production movie and crossover along a Wolverine and Deadpool spin-offs.

Well I only watched it once and didn't finish it, so it's not like I was expending any real effort.

What I mean is, I attempted to give the movie the benefit of the doubt and judge it on its own merits, rather than letting whatever expectations or reservations I had going in cloud my judgement.

I try to do that with every movie. Don't you?

Andrew Garfield was under contract too. You know what happened with him?

>he's got moleoids.
I'd actually love to see moloids in a live action movie. We've gotten 3 movies without seeing a hint of them, and we've gotten a shitty excuse for Doom 3 times. Three movies they've tried to use Doom, and they haven't gotten him right once, but they have a vague idea that he's their nemesis, so they just keep forcing him in.

Fox still doesn't get that it's not completely about the tone for the F4. It's about boldness. The Fantastic 4 is a high-flying science fiction adventure, which needs you to commit to the crazy Jules-Verne-y elements to make it all work. "Dark" or "light", all the movies so far have been bland, uncommitted shit. They turned Doom into an executive. They his Galactus in a cloud. Then they turned doom into a...I don't even know what transformed by alien goo, at the end of a movie that's an extended superhero first act. It's just embarrassing.

That's just one producer talking. Probably trying to start a buzz that would convince the FOX execs.

Does Disney even wants the franchise back at this point?? The brand is probably soiled in the general public's mind.

I do that with movies that seem like they have even the smallest mediocrum at the least of trying to be good. Nothing from what I was seeing from the first announcement of it seemed good

Why does Murdoch keep letting this happen? He could buy himself half a wife with what was lost on f4ntaustic.

They manage to redeem Daredevil. And they might be redeeming Ghost Rider when the time is right.

Nobody cares about the F4 but I'm pretty sure Disney would love the F4 villains considering they are Cosmic now while Fox isn't even close

I'm trying to find that video where she shittalks it during some press interview for the Martian. No way they'll bring her back for it

>he goes into a Punisher rant about Fox being maggot pieces of filth

>Share rights with Marvel. This benefits Marvel more than us, so not that great.
Sony got cucked.

Just swap them to Marvel for the TV rights to X-Men. Literally nobody in the world wants to see another shitty FOX4stic

JUST

well he kinda fired himself. And ASM2 didn't do as well in the box office as they expected. Not to mention critics and fans hated it. The same mistake that BvS repeats.

Word is Trank directed it that way, requiring the actors to be as bland and unemotional as possible, especially Reed.

So yeah that's exactly what he was going for and it failed because of obvious reasons.

Went out of his way to insult the CEO of Sony?

And let's not forget how this one movie cost Fox to have steerable quarterly earning, one so bad that even Rupert Murdoch complained.

There's no way they'd do this. They'd be even stupider than Sony.

>They manage to redeem Daredevil.
We can't forget this. They took a property that the general public had already associated with a shitty movie, and turned it into their most critic and audience acclaimed show.

Yes.

>he's waiting on the technology to advance.
This is the bullshitest of excuses.

Seeing how Deadpool was pretty much Ryan Reynold's pet project that actually worked out in the end.

>Starring Emma Stone as antagonist Carnage
These people are parodies of out of touch execs.

Ah yes, Deadpool. The movie Tim Rothman refused to green light. Know what he did green light instead? Fantastic Four 2015.

Now he's at Sony. One of his first acts? Spearhead the Ghostbusters reboot, then slash its budget in half.

Sony doesn't know what they are doing. Maybe Ghosbusters will go to Disney next. Florida Tower of Terror gets a refit to be Ghostbusters Ride facing off against Gozer because really that new dude Rowan is shit tier

To be fair, that's from the Ultimate Comics

>Sinister Six will make us 2 billion!
Yep, Sony is really out of touch.

>from the Ultimate Comics
A lot of garbage is from the Ultimate Comics.

And what's it all building up to? The grand climax of their wonderful Spidey universe?

CLONE WARS.

Sony execs are so out of touch it's hysterical. They almost mismanaged the Spider-Man franchise into audience apathy and seriously believe Marvel needed him more than they did.

It took one 5 minute scene for Marvel to fix him. Imagine what they'd do with the Fantastic Four and characters like the Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, and The Watcher.

Yup, and looking at the Like/Dislike bar on Ghostbuster first trailer. I'm believing that history will repeat itself like it with Fant4stic.

Not because the cast is female. But seeing how dull, unfunny and painful tryhard it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A

Its a disaster.

It's like Amy Pascal is completely running on what she wants to have happen, and not what could actually ever happen in any reality.

never mind, found it

This show how much they were desperate and in denial. No wonder they just took Disney's offer the next time

You're kidding me. Sony clearly know exactly what they are doing!

That's exactly what happened.

What was it she once said? Ah yes, "Honey, you don't turn down Spider Man".

to be fair, no one cares about fantastic four characters
they're old and not interesting

plus the actors were (mostly) new
I'd probably only recognize mara