FALL 2017 PILOT SEASON

The big five TV networks announced their pilot picks for the fall 2017 pilot season.

What will you be watching, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eA2j1sZUqc8&feature=youtu.bev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Western television

Bet it's all cop shows or copy and paste sitcoms we've seen thousands of times before.

SPLITTING UP TOGETHER
>Divorced couple Martin (Oliver Hudson) and Lena (Jenna Fischer) end up reconnecting and struggle with not making the same mistakes that got them divorced once.

START UP
>Journalist Alex Schuman (Zach Braff) quits his stable job to start his own business and drags his family along in the risky endeavor.

THE MAYOR
>Idealistic rapper Courtney Rose (Brandon Michael Hall) must prove himself after running for mayor as a publicity stunt and unexpectedly getting elected.

THE CROSSING
>Hundreds of refugees from a war-torn future seek shelter in a small town in the United States, forcing local sheriff Jude Rayford (Steve Zahn) and federal agent Emma Peralta (Sandrine Holt) to join forces in order to uncover the truth.

DECEPTION
>When his career is ruined by scandal, superstar magician Cameron Black (Jack Cutmore-Scott) becomes the world’s first consulting illusionist, helping the FBI solve crimes that defy explanation.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
>Shaun Murphy (Freddie Highmore), a young doctor with Savant Syndrome, is recruited to work in the pediatric unit of a renowed hospital, but questions arise about whether his struggles to connect with patients will impact his ability to save lives.

THE GOSPEL OF KEVIN
>Kevin Allen (Jason Ritter), a down-on-his-luck man, is tasked by God with a mission to save the world.

FOR THE PEOPLE
>Young lawyer Sandra Black (Britne Oldford) navigates the intrincate politics of the New York Federal Court, where attorneys for the prosecution and defense handle the most high-profile and high-stakes cases in the country.

TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY
>The daughter of television producer Jane Sadler (Kyra Sedgwick) disappears following a series of events that eerily mirrors the cop drama that she produces.

MARVEL'S THE INHUMANS
>The Royal Family of the extraterrestrial kingdom of Attilan, ruled by Black Bolt (Anson Mout), is exiled to Earth after a coup and must navigate a brave new world while searching for a way to reclaim the throne.

YOUNG SHELDON
>The life of eccentric genius Sheldon Cooper (Iain Armitage) at the age of 9, living with his family in East Texas and attending high school.

9JKL
>Up-and-coming businessman Josh Goldman (Mark Feurstein) ends up living sandwiched between his parents’ apartment and his brother, sister-in-law and their baby’s apartment, struggling to set boundaries with his intrusive but well-meaning family.

ME, MYSELF & I
>The chronicles of a Alex Riley's life over a 50-year span: As a 14-year-old (Jack Grazer) in 1991; a 40-year-old (Bobby Moynihan) in present day; and a 65-year-old (John Larroquette) in 2042.

LIVING BIBLICALLY
>Modern-day man Chip Chander (Jay R. Ferguson) is at a crossroads in his life and decides to turn a new leaf by living according to the Bible.

S.W.A.T.
>Police Lieutenant Daniel "Hondo" Harrelson (Shemar Moore) is torn between his loyalty to the streets and his duty to his fellow officers when he’s tasked to run a highly trained S.W.A.T. unit in Los Angeles.

SEAL TEAM
>Follows the lives of the elite Navy SEALs led by Commander Jason Carter (David Boreanaz) as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high stakes missions our country can ask.

INSTINCT
>Former CIA operative John Redmond (Alan Cumming) has since built a normal life as a university professor but is pulled back into his old life when the NYPD enlists his help to stop a serial killer on the loose.

WISDOM OF THE CROWD
>Believing that a million minds are better than one, inventor Jeffrey Tanner (Jeremy Piven) creates a cutting-edge crowdsourcing hub to solve his own daughter’s murder, as well as revolutionizing crime-solving in San Francisco.

>Start Up

Isn't that just Silicon Valley though in a different setting?

CHAMPIONS
>Vince Raino (Anders Holm), a charismatic gym owner with no life ambitions, lives with his younger dim-witted womanizing brother Michael (Andy Favreau). Their simple life of women and working out is put on hold when Vince's nerdy teenage son is dropped off on their doorstep by one of Vince's old high school flings.

AP BIO
>Former philosophy professor Jack Quinn (Glenn Howerton) takes a job teaching AP Biology and uses his students to get back at the people in his life who have wronged him.

GOOD GIRLS
>Three “good girl” suburban wives and mothers - Ruby (Retta), Beth (Kathleen Rose Perkins) and Anne (Mae Whitman) - suddenly find themselves in desperate circumstances and decide to stop playing it safe and risk everything to take their power back.

RISE
>High school drama teacher Lou Mazzuchelli (Josh Radnor) uses his passion for the program and his students to galvanize their entire working-class town towards improvement.

REVERIE
>Former detective Mara Hart (Sarah Shahi) specializes in human behavior and is brought in when the launch of an advanced virtual reality program has dangerous and unintended consequences.

THE BRAVE
>Chronicles the troubled lives of the members of a military unit who make personal sacrifices while executing the most challenging and dangerous missions behind enemy lines.

LAW & ORDER: TRUE CRIME - THE MENENDEZ MURDERS
>Chronicles the murder case of brothers Erik and Lyle Menendez, who brutally murdered their parents in 1989.

ORVILLE
>300 years in the future, the Orville, a not-so-top-of-the-line exploratory ship in Earth’s Interstellar Fleet, faces cosmic challenges from without and within as the motley crew of space explorers try not so successfully to boldly go where no one has gone before.

LA -> VEGAS
>A group of underdogs trying to find their place in the world set on the Friday night flight from LAX to Vegas and the returning flight on Sunday, all sharing the same goal: to come back a winner.

GHOSTED
>Skeptic Bob (Craig Robinson) and believer Dan (Adam Scott) are recruited to investigate the rampant unexplained paranormal activity in Los Angeles — all while uncovering a larger mystery that could threaten the existence of the human race.

THE RESIDENT
>Idealistic young doctor Conrad Hawkins (Matt Czuchry) begins his first day under the supervision of tough, brilliant senior resident Solomon Bell (Bruce Greenwood) who pulls the curtain back on all of the good and evil in modern-day medicine.

GIFTED
>Two ordinary parents, Reed (Stephen Moyer) and Caitlin (Amy Acker) discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

BLACK LIGHTNING
>Meta-human vigilante Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) long abandoned his superhero identity to become a high school principal, but is forced to return to action when his students begin being conscripted by a nefarious criminal organization.

DYNASTY
>Two of America’s wealthiest families, the Carringtons and the Colbys, feud for control over their fortune and their children. Amistd the chaos, heiress Fallon Carrington (Elizabeth Gillies) develops a rivalry of her own with her soon-to-be stepmother, Cristal (Nathalie Kelley), a Hispanic maid marrying into America’s most powerful family.

LIFE SENTENCE
>Stella Abott (Lucy Hale), a young woman diagnosed with terminal cancer, finds out that she’s not dying after all, and has to learn to live with the choices she made when she believed there'd be no tomorrow.

VALOR
>The boundaries between military discipline and human valor are tested on a U.S. Army base that houses an elite unit of helicopter pilots trained to perform clandestine international and domestic missions. When one said mission goes awry and a group of pilots led by newcomer Nora Reyes (Christina Ochoa) are left behind, rebellious veteran Danny Gallo (Matt Barr) leads his own team on a rogue mission to rescue them, no matter the cost.

>Splitting up Together
Looked pretty bad. Emily Kap* chose the worst redhead yet.
>Start up
Sounds garbage.
>The Mayor
Sounds garbage
>The Crossing
Sounds pretty bad but may watch for mystery aspect. Hope the whole refugee thing isn't so heavy handed, but knowing ABC it probably will be.
>Deception
Sounded trash, teaser trailer looked even worse.
>The Good Doctor
Boring. I like Freddie Highmore from Bates Motel but this looks boring as heck.
>The Gospel Of Kevin
Pass
>For The People
hard pass
>Ten Days In The Valley
maybe?
>The Inhumans
pass

>Young Sheldon
Awful awful awful
>9JKL
Terrible. Sounds like Everybody Loves Raymond mixed with Rules of Engagement or some shit.
>Me, Myself & I
Sounds like it could be interesting or real shithouse. You should have split these up into comedy sections and drama sections.
>Living Biblically
May watch
>SWAT
Boring
>Instinct
Boring, but Alan Cumming is good so may watch
>Wisdom Of The Crowd
Probably boring

>Young Sheldon
Yeah, no.
>9JKL
Not interested
>Me, Myself, and I
Might be interesting
>Living Biblically
That could either be really funny, or really shitty
>S.W.A.T.
Eh.
>Seal Team
Eh again.
>Instinct
Might try it.
>Wisdom of the Crowd
Sounds intriguing

>Champions
Sounds like grandfathered. A boring generic concept.
>AP Bio
Will watch simply because of Glenn.
>Good Girls
Sounds like it's for women who are in unhappy marriages trying to goad them to divorce
>Rise
Fail
>Reverie
I will watch because of Sarah Shahi she's so sexy I don't give a fuck call me a beta fuck you
concept sounds boring and gimmicky though
>The Brave
Possibly fun action schlock?
>Law & Order...
Just on the true crime train. Pass

Her?

Oh cool a new sci-fi show
>Creator: Seth MacFarlane
>Stars: Seth MacFarlane

>implying cbs, abc, and nbc put out anything worth watching

>Seal Team
>The Brave
>Valor

CIA influence in Hollywood, glorifying combat and military men - prepping us for war with Russia/China in 2018/2019/2020?

>"Good Girls"
>Mae Whitman
she's too good for this trash

What is Scorpion, the Middle, Life in Pieces, and the Good Place?

>YOUNG SHELDON

>THE GOSPEL OF KEVIN
Chloe East is in this one :o
youtube.com/watch?v=eA2j1sZUqc8&feature=youtu.bev

>>Former philosophy professor Jack Quinn (Glenn Howerton) takes a job teaching AP Biology and uses his students to get back at the people in his life who have wronged him.

>>Stella Abott (Lucy Hale), a young woman diagnosed with terminal cancer, finds out that she’s not dying after all, and has to learn to live with the choices she made when she believed there'd be no tomorrow.
This should be a comedy where she has aids, is a heroin addict, and has lost all her friends and family because she treated them like shit because she thought she was going to be dead within the year.

Me, Myself and I is the only one that doesn't sound like shit, seems like it could be pretty interesting. Wondering if it will be a full blown comedy or if each part of his life story will have a different tone? Would make it stand out more.

>Scorpion
Bunch of nerds acting all pathetic. Even the MacGyver reboot is better.
>The Middle
Mediocre comedy that should just die already
>Life In Pieces
Garbage. Every male is weak and goofy. Every female is strong or bitchy.
>The Good Place
The only good one mentioned.

Will she do lewd panty scenes?

How does The Middle keep getting renewed despite no one watching it?

Middle middle-aged America watches it. The silent masses you don't interact with.

When I saw that I legit burst out in laughter and scared the shit out of my cat. Then I cried.......for a long time. A fucking spinoff show for a character from the worst show in tv history. fuck this world.

That would be the real world version, but this is lib tv.

With the Golden Age of television on cable, these offerings all look like cold dog poop.

>people are still watching network TV

>TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY

>LIFE SENTENCE

Only two that seem slightly intriguing.

>the big five
You mean the shit 5? All basic cable shows are garbage.

Having Chloe East by your side makes saving the world easier.

I don't care. I have no interest in watching shows when I have no idea if they'll even continue past the pilot.

I'll stick with Netflix, thank you. At least I get a full season right off the bat, with no commercials to boot.

>MARVEL'S THE INHUMANS
I need to see this trainwreck.

>DYNASTY
Actually curious about this.

>LIFE SENTENCE
Yes for Lucy Hale.

>GIFTED
I'll give it the 4 episode test.

>Actually curious about this.
>upper class marrying Hispanic maid

DROPPED.

But that's always been the plot of "Dynasty".

They just made her hispanic.

>tfw three pilots that i might have watched for waifupotential got passed over
:^(

get better tastes

>Orville
Star Trek rip-off that will offer nothing new. Pass.
>La->Vegas
??? They're trying to make money at an airport?
>Ghosted
Only watching for Adam Scott.
>The Resident
House rip-off. Pass.
>Gifted
I'm getting PTSD from the word "mutant", so pass.

oh sure i'll just go down to the taste store and pick up some tastes

i watch it.

Did TBBT end or something? Haven't heard about it for a while.

no sheldon just proposed to his hairy legged gf

>LAW & ORDER: TRUE CRIME - THE MENENDEZ MURDERS

Law & Order jumping the American Crime Story bandwagon.

I bet it is going to be great!

Life Sentence could be super interesting if it was on HBO or Showtime. Instead it will be shitty with her dealing with decisions like having told her friends they suck or some garbage.

PLITTING UP TOGETHER
>Divorced couple Martin (Oliver Hudson) and Lena (Jenna Fischer)

Heard on set this isn't going well. Arguments apparently about the male leads character name being changed to Jim or john by another star is causing problems.

>Splitting Up Together
Jesus Christ. Someone go hug Jenna Fischer. I'm worried about her.

>Start Up
No thanks. Zach Braff annoys me. I liked Scrubs, but only in spite of him.

>The Mayor
What self-respecting man goes by the name Courtney?

>The Crossing
#NotAllMuslims: The Show.

>Deception
Replacement for Castle

>The Good Doctor
As if we want to watch even more autism than we already do.

>The Gospel of Kevin
Meh, these types of shows are never as good as their premise

>For The People
Why? We have so many of these fucking shows...

>Ten Days In The Valley
People are just going to watch the HBO alternatives

>Marvel's The Inhumans
I like capeshit, so I'll give this a shot.

I know these networks are trash, but literally all of these shows sound awful.

How are these getting greenlit? Who is greenlighting these?

>Young Sheldon
Whoever thought this would be a good idea should be shot.

>9JKL
So, NEET: The Show?

>Me, Myself & I
Doesn't sound that good, but I like the original concept.

>Living Biblically
No doubt, this is going to be some smug piss-take on Christianity.

>S.W.A.T.
So, nigs gonna nig? Any police lieutenant with "loyalty to the streets" should be fired.

>SEAL TEAM
Fuck yeah, this sounds cool!

>Instinct
I like Alan Cumming, but this show would do better on HBO.

>Wisdom Of The Crowd
A million minds are better than one. Too bad there aren't any minds in SF.

Why does it sound like all these shows will get cancelled on the first season?

I wish all pilots stayed online, for posterity they are often amusing for the actors in them

isn't freddit highmore on Bates motel show?

it aired its last season and finished already

I think something like 70-80% of shows do get cancelled after the first season.

Who cares? Nbc finally made ankther good shiw after parks and rec. A show making fun of comic book heroes, with vanessa hudgens being super cute. And it got cancelled.

Meanwhile nbc airs chicago fire, chicago law, chicago ems, chicago animal control, etc.

It was really mediocre in the first few episodes and only got a little bit better.
Trial & Error was funnier.

>AP BIO
>Former philosophy professor Jack Quinn (Glenn Howerton) takes a job teaching AP Biology and uses his students to get back at the people in his life who have wronged him.

Trial and error was super bad and the only saving grace was the nigger and the mexican daughter. But it was supposed to end so thats that. Like the kirsten bellnshow which was actuallly really good. It was supposed to end. Although technically it might come back but i hope it doesn't. But that was the joke. The god character was a devil. And that really only works once.

Im not saying powerless is some game changing show. But it was vastly superior to most cbs sitcoms. Have you made it through a whole episode of kevin can wait, superior donuts, or great indoors?

yes i beat off to the daughter in kevin can wait she is super sexy
powerless is much better than the great indoors
but all the characters that were meant to be funny, weren't. (fat catchphrase black, fat bland girl, tall nosey woman)

And kevin can wait has the thicc mom from that one 90s show. And i still can't watch a whole episode. Cbs has exactly one good comedy show.

Everyone of these sounds awful & I won't be surprised if this is just copy/pasted here in 10 months as a new shows that got cancelled thread