Redpill me on "anime"

Why is it so beloved, why does every thread contain at least 1 anime pic?

I don't get it, I've tried watching some different anime and I've never found the fascination with it

Series I've watched
>Girls und Panzer
>Legend of Galactic Heroes
>Maria - The Virgin Witch
>Hellsing (gave up on watching that one to the final)

A couple of movies like Fist of the North Star (1986) and Ghost in the Shell but that is so long ago that I really can't remember anything about them so disregard.

Apologies if anything listed isn't technically "anime" but I don't know the different nominations.

What makes anime appealing? Is it that they often live in totalitarian societies?

>pic just found randomly by typing "anime" in search engine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rkrk0sXlK0
youtube.com/watch?v=JHsUfuFVRSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What makes anime appealing? Is it that they often live in totalitarian societies?

No it's the cat girls

Kyoani is the best anime studio ever.

Think about it, everyone's always talking about Kyoani and their masterpieces, people who "hate" Kyoani don't actually hate them.

I don't know Kyoani and it doesn't really answer any question

Ghost in the Shell is probably best thing to happen to mankind

Anime is the plug filling all the holes in my life

So all of the series I listed are regarded as shit since they don't feature cat girls?

I just like stuff like Berserk, Jojo, One Punch Man, Fist of the North Star, and some others. You don't have to search to far to find stuff that isn't generic or moeshit.

Why do you force yourself to watch it if you don't like it? I'm not sure what makes it so appealing, it's just that good for me. Though as time goes on I find I watch a lot less series than before per season.

To each his own. I don't understand whu normies watch sports on TV. I would rather stare at the wall than watch soccball or stickball.

Well I can't remember it Sven, so I wouldn't know. But since I can't remember it I probably wasn't impressed.

I've never caught love for anime art either.

Why, how?

>Why is it so beloved, why does every thread contain at least 1 anime pic?
This is a fucking weeb site modelled after a Japanese weeb site you retard, of course it's full of anime.

Anime is the last uncorrupted entertainment on Earth. The Japs have yet to be corrupted. If you wish to watch anything on TV and still consider yourself redpilled, it has to be anime.

By the way, you'd probably like "Black Lagoon" and maybe the GATE series.

Well I wouldn't say force myself, occasionally the stories told are engaging enough but I can't simply love anime just for anime.
F.example I thought the Maria the Virgin Witch would have a good story but it turned out to be shit IMO.
I also initially liked Legend of GH but in the end the ending of the story felt very rushed, but I finished it.
I didn't finish Hellsing but I tried to like it, really. Started out "okay" and just turned way too silly.
Girls und Panzer was only 1 season (still is?) when I watched it so it was okay to finish it but mostly because I am a tank whore.

>can't simply love anime just for BEING anime

But that doesn't explain the love for it.

By the way I don't own a TV, and only rarely watch any western TV shows.

>But that doesn't explain the love for it.

There's a ton of anime and manga out there. I don't watch every anime but I can find anime that I like. The artwork is cool and the stories are interesting.

You're treating anime like it's all the same thing. It's like saying "I like soccer" and then someone asks why you love all sports. I don't like all sports, but I like soccer.

Yeah you're right, I generalize because I have very little knowledge about it.

I just must have missed the good stories, albeit LoGH was good for the first half or so.

Seems like you'd like more serious shows. Like I said, check out Black Lagoon. Maybe try to find Jin-Roh too. Cowboy Bebop is awesome, and you might like "Gunslinger Girl" but it's about little girls.

The more you watch, the more you'll understand. It's a form of entertainment like most others, but it's not shoving homosexulaity and race-mixing down your throat constantly.

Well actually I don't like the loli shows though I don't think I've watched a loli show, but the art style of those is seriously putting me off.

Guess GuP could technically be a loli show?

>why does every thread contain at least 1 anime pic?
Because this site started as an anime image board

The answer is so simple. Just take your answer for "Why do I like something?" and just assume that's why people like anime. It's just media that people like just like sports or any other TV show.

Code Geass got me back into anime.

Don't fret, 99.9% of anime is complete horse shit, but mind you there is a LOT of anime. Like any medium it is just a way to tell a story, entertain or convey a message and some of it is very good. Most people here don't even watch the shows their smug anime faces are derived from.
Some that are typically popular with western audiences are Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, FLCL, One Punch Man, Sword Art, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Black Lagoon, most Miyazaki flicks, Trigun, and Lupin the 3rd.

15 dead in knifing... which anime caused this?

Yes yeessch. However it isn't only that anymore and it doesn't really explain anime love.
Even outside of Sup Forums I see a lot of weebs practically worshipping anime.

Gunslinger Girl has absolutely no sex or even nudity. The only way it's a "loli" show is that there are little girls in it. Really it's probably less risque (I haven't seen GuP though)

GuP has 6 OVAs after the main 12 episodes, just so you know, and a 2-hour movie came out not too long ago.

[spoiler]Anzu best girl, but Hippo team best team
also if you're not watching the subs consider suicide, the dub was literally phoned in by the lowest bidder[/spoiler]

I don't know man I just like looking at cute 2d girls

Watch Kiniro Mosaic (Kinmoza/Kinmosa, whatever you want to fucking call it idc) and you'll understand. It has a certain innocence to it that is really very enjoyable, it just makes you feel happy (sounds pretty gay i know)

All the 3 ugly beta socially illiterate cucks in my secondary school class watched anime, that's all I need to know

Part of the appeal is that special effects for sci-fi/fantasy are too expensive for tv budgets, so it either looks like crap or needs to be a huge hit to stay on the air (GoT). The same story can be told in animation for a tiny fraction of the price and look great (albeit entirely different, being animation and not live action). For some reason only the Nips figured this out. This is only a partial explanation of course

>What makes anime appealing? Is it that they often live in totalitarian societies?
I exclusively watch slice of life animes. What makes it appealing to me is the bite sized, light hearted fun and comedy without any heavy hitting drama or character interactions. It's the only kind of medium that provides this sort of entertainment to me. I'm not embarrassed to watch it, I treat it like any other kind of entertainment medium ( maybe apart from books )

berserk is my favorite

how yu likin the series so far? im into it!

Try
>Black Bullet
>The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
>Cardcaptor Sakura
>Cross Ange

Will try to check out Black Lagoon just to see if I can get an understanding of it.

Yeah no, but thanks. I will just skip the little girl shows.

Ahh well didn't know that, did watch it with subs though.

That pic looks incredibly faggot'ish, for a male to watch the show it came from. No offence.

To add to it. You can be autistic about any hobby and appear like a fucking loser to normies no matter what you do. The most important part is being both confident about your tastes and not being an autist like the guy in 's pic

Not entirely true, The DC animated universe is great. Sadly it is only limited to capeshit. Aside from that there are quite a few American cartoon series, all comedy though.

>faggot'ish
oh well, yeah, it is pretty faggotish, theres not a single major male character (i think about 10 words are said by men during the whole of both seasons), and nothing bad ever happens, hardly any conflict, just pretty upbeat m8

>Black Lagoon
That is probably the weakest of my suggestions. Just watch Cowboy Bebop like we all did, the english dub is actually good.

>Sup Forums
>liking GATE
>The eternal butthurt about the US being BTFO by JSDF and demigod loli

Black Lagoon is like a 90's action movie. It's pretty good. I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop a little more though.

One of the reasons I watch anime is because SJW haven't affected it yet. You have certain series that have people crying about racism, and why there aren't more blacks. Good thing Japan doesn't give a fuck.

Ahh missed both posts mentioned CB, just the double recommendation.

Me and my friends like to watch the dumbest and most perverted animes for fun during weekends. Its just for shits and gigs tho. No hentai

How is Girls und Panzer? I debating whether to start that or continue watching monster.

Black Lagoon is fucking garbage and whoever recommend this shit should kill himself.

Same goes for Cowboy Bebop retards.

Anime is appealing in the same way rap music is appealing. People just like it, they have friends who like it, they grew up with people who liked it.

If you sit down, watch anime, and don't like it, then there is no reason to force yourself to like it.

You're better off not liking it anyway. The group of people who are into anime are on the low end of society's ladder.

>One of the reasons I watch anime is because SJW haven't affected it yet. You have certain series that have people crying about racism, and why there aren't more blacks. Good thing Japan doesn't give a fuck.

I can see the appeal in that.

>GuP
Depends, I think it's awful and no it's not because of the lolis it's just that the whole thing is poorly written.

>watching Monster
Don't, read the manga

>these are not good starting series
>dont try too hard to like it

>Anime is the last uncorrupted entertainment on Earth. The Japs have yet to be corrupted. If you wish to watch anything on TV and still consider yourself redpilled, it has to be anime.

NIGGA PLS

Anime is just another form of escapism, like video games that is killing the West

I like anime, I think it's okay, but most series I regard as brainless stupid trash that only stoners like.
Like that fucking weeb hamster show. They're constructed like shows for babies. No worth.

I particularly like cyberpunk sci fi stuff like GitS, Lain, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, etc. And most Ghibli films. These I consider to have some worth as most of the time they make some sort of deeper statement about something, or are imaginative and simply lovely enough in their production to make me admire the artwork or talent behind them.

95% of anime is shit
And it's okay to think that.

Try Universal Century Gundam

Because the quality of the lowest budget anime is still better than your average western toon. Story is a hit or miss. Sometimes its the music/OST of the shows that makes it work. People start with anime but slowly start liking the people making it. Be it the voice actors, the composer or director. Most infamous would be Hideaki Anno, Hayao Miyazaki, and maybe Kawamori Shoji. Its not necessarily all about the aesthetic of the anime itself.

>GitS
It's mediocre, especially the anime

>Lain
It's fine.

>Akira
The movie is awful, the only good thing it has going on for it is animation because the story is butchered and incomplete. I'm not joking

>Cowboy Bebop
Literally Naruto/DBZ/One Piece tier.

You should search the shitstorm that Cross Ange caused on tumblr. It was glorious.

>He says as he links Type-Moon shit

it's because it's been proven that autists are drawn to anime, and you're on Sup Forums, which is an anime imageboard.

>they often live in totalitarian societies
Hammy wills it

It's just a different kind of medium. Pacific Rim and chick flicks are both movies, but would you group them together based on that alone?

You have moeshit like
But you also have action and adventure and scifi and fantasy and whatnot.

Fate-Zero is good but that's mostly due to Urobuchi, I assume. The rest is shit

Watch it for the tank sports, then if you like it, watch the movie. Its like World of Tanks, but with cute girls.

End of Evangelion is pretty good

Like kinda poorly written, I just watched it for the tanks and because I saw this clip youtube.com/watch?v=7Rkrk0sXlK0 - start around 30 seconds in, found it funny.

This, it's the most entry level garbage.
Why would you post something like that if you want people to watch this crap?

Much better written than garbage like Black Lagoon that has 1 dimensional characters and only focuses on shooting bullets/killing people.

Cowboy Bebop is only liked by nostalgia faggots. I bet you think Psycho Pass is good.

Fate/Zero works as an anime series because it's a tragedy that doesn't rely on inner monologue. The Fate/Stay Night game was alright to watch the protag's character development, as well as very intricate, if a bit too intricate, combat writing. The newer animation did the second route visual justice but not much else.

Cowboy Bebop is basically the perfect entry level anime though

My older sisters used to watch Sailor Moon the 90's

I like 80's Anime movies.

I just cringe at today's anime based on High School students

What didn't they like about it? It was an almost entirely female cast. The only men in the entire show were a dipwad love interest and the villain.

He literally said Black Lagoon was just a 90s action movie. You don't necessarily need good plot. Gundam 0083 was a visual treat but had a terrible writing.

Watch anything by Miyazaki, he's great

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Nausicaa: Valley Of the Wind
Are his best

>Legend of Galactic Heroes

If you didn't appreciate LoGH you are just a pleb, anime isn't even relevant to how pleb you are.

That is perhaps the ONLY reason why more people are watching Anime as there is no political bullshit in it. Everything these days is becoming too heavily politicized.

>Anime is the last uncorrupted entertainment on Earth.

Most newer anime is soulless garbage created by robotic workers. 95% it is so bad that it is insulting to one's intelligence.

The creators of newer anime can't even interact normally with other humans, they produce a literal autism-tier depiction.

>Black Lagoon is fucking garbage and whoever recommend this shit should kill himself.

What an absolutely terrible opinion

Literally all shounen are perfect entry-level.

Nice bait.

Just so you know, Urobuchi barely did anything for F/Z, next time inform yourself before spouting reddit memes.

>Gen Urobuchi: The process was that I drafted up a proposal for the new characters and the plot, and showed it to Nasu-san for his supervision. However, consequently, 90% of those proposals were accepted as they were already Nasu-san's ideas. As for character names, Hisau Maiya was only character name that I suggested. The other characters were all named by Nasu-san.

Don't reply to bait.

Holy shit I love Maria, she is my waifu and dream cosplay

I mean it's okay to like anime. The classics are always good, no different than a good tv show or movie. And every now and then a new anime comes along that's pretty cool. But the issue is when you become obsessed and watch every moe show each season and proclaim that anime is superior to every other form of entertainment.

Rock and Revy's relationship is more complex than anything in the nasuverse, but Black Lagoon is pretty mediocre in general.

Bebop is highly overrated but is still legitimately good. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a contrarian.

I don't watch anime anymore, though. Manga is the superior medium.

Psycho Pass is good. The first season, anyway.

Contrary to popular belief, Sup Forums is actually an anime website. Founded for and by weeaboos to discuss anime, manga, and other Japanese topics.

How can anyone watch High School Anime past the age of 18?

Personally, I can't get into series with teenage/kid protagonists. And I prefer anime with a western vibe to it. Stuff like Baccano, which is set in prohibition era America. One of the few anime that is much better dubbed.

youtube.com/watch?v=JHsUfuFVRSQ

Watamote is the only anime I've ever really liked and watched a few. AMA.

Also, check em.

Essentially the first episode with the implied rape, the fact that females are the only ones who can turn into those anti-mana users. How that even the main female lead is supposedly a strong and independent woman, still needs to rely on that shabbly created love interest. Just some one the triggerings.

So jacking off to some 2d poorly drawn girl? You're a disgrace

I guess that kinda explains why I dislike it and I never really grew up with it so I have no nostalgia for the old crap.

I appreciated the first half or first 3/4 of it, but after that the show kinda degenerated and felt rushed to reach it's very shitty ending.

I guess so. But even then I still see most anime in the same light as MLP which is also just faggotry.

>Rock and Revy's relationship is more complex than anything in the nasuverse
Not at all. In fact I just posted a picture of Mikiya, a man that's much more complex than Rock and happens to deal with Shiki, a woman much more complex than Revy.

>I don't watch anime anymore, though. Manga is the superior medium.

I agree with that, however it's not only manga but almost all source materials.

Entry level, sure, but that's why I suggested it in the first place. It's also has excellent production values all around, music, animation and setting are on point. It can actually stand-up on it's own rather than just against other anime. Like I said before, 99.9% of anime is shit, I listed the ones that are passable to people that aren't rabid anime hipsters.

Literal autism.

I think that is perhaps where I take issue. Of course you can like individual movies or shows without obsessing but too many people seem to obsess over it.
Btw sauce on that pic?

But senpai, there are entire sections for that still, this is Sup Forums and I wonder why it is appealing here?

absolutely hate anime, manga etc way of drawing

but themes are much more original, interesting, less censored...

>Essentially the first episode with the implied rape
But it's yuri rape.
>even the main female lead is supposedly a strong and independent woman, still needs to rely on that shabbly created love interest.
Maybe it's been too long but I remember him being generally useless.
>not recognizing Gundam
What the fuck is wrong with you?

i saw 8 niggers in my fuckhuge list. Only 3 were token good:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Teekyu
Gunslinger Girls.

5 others were bad:
2 in Psycho Pass
2 in Death Note
Forgot the other.

I don't watch anime and is OP asking the appeal in anime?
Wtf is wrong with your comprehension? Oh right, autist on Sup Forums

>But senpai, there are entire sections for that still, this is Sup Forums and I wonder why it is appealing here?
Because this is a politics board on a weeb site
If you went to a politics board on a furry site you'd see furry shit, or a horsefucker site, you'd see horses.
It's really not that hard to compute. This is a politics board for weebs who are part of weeby Sup Forums. It's not a safespace for people who are not into eastern animation and it never will be.

Idolshit is ruining the industry.

Amazed no one has mentioned Spice and Wolf yet for it's economics.

Some random Zeon art that I found. From old school Universal Century Gundam, you should check it out.