Reviews call new Wonder Woman "Powerful" and "Empowering and dark"

Reviews call new Wonder Woman "Powerful" and "Empowering and dark"
movieweb.com/wonder-woman-movie-early-reviews/

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2017/5/11/15624308/wonder-woman-think-thin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hope it is a good movie. Good blockbusters are rarer and rarer. If it shit, oh, well. Do not get why people wish it to be shitty.

>you need to be drunk to enjoy marvel movies

sounds about right

((Reviews))

>dark
BUT MUH FUN
PACMAN!!
BABBY GROOT!!

>Do not get why people wish it to be shitty.

so capeshit and Hollywood come closer to dying

sorry disney babies looks like you're BTFO

good stuff beyond the headline

>Let's get something clear right now. Early Twitter responses, for whatever superhero or big genre movie is coming out soon, are lofty at best.

>When it comes to checking out early advanced reactions on Twitter, it's best to read between the lines. And here, it appears that director Patty Jenkins has created a movie that looks good on the surface. But what's hiding beneath that surface is the mystery that hasn't really been uncovered yet.

>Suicide Squad early reactions were equally as positive, as were those for Batman V Superman.

>writer Marc Andreyko, who has written books about Hawkman and Wonder Woman, isn't necessarily a trusted critic.

>Now, what the hell does that mean? Anything could be taken from that bit of praise for the director. Again, notice the writer doesn't say out loud whether or not she likes Wonder Woman. She just thinks the director is too good for this world. Why? You got me.

>You're not allowed to review the movie. But in 140 characters or less, you can give your reaction. You can say, 'blown away', 'mind-bending', 'filmmaking on a whole other level'. No one is saying that. These people aren't saying much of anything at all. The proof comes with the next early reaction, where its author actually calls the movie 'good'. Though understand it is coming from a dubious source

it's gonna get ugly

embargo lifts May 31

2 days before release just like BvS

>I WANT THIS TO FAIL I FUCKING HATE DC UUURRRGGGGHH!!!!

>analyzing tweets
It really seems like the guy wants it to be bad.

I've never heard as many versions of "I don't give a shit" as during the trailer for this movie at the cinema

They forgot "brave, especially in Drumpf's America."

everyone i know thats worked on it says it and justice league are terrible

i dont give a fuck about capeshit movies and hate them all but thats what i've heard

>they can't say anything yet!
>unless it's positive

nothing suspicious :^)

source?

My dad works at Nintendo too!

>DARK

BRAVO DC BRAVO SNYDER

>(((they))) are stealing our memes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Apparently it was the Collider people that sent Marc Andreyko
They actually sent a fan/writer of the character that sometimes hang out with them to watch instead of one of their staff that is supposed to make actual reviews

thats how i watched BvS. improved my opinion of the movie greatly. didnt even mind Lex despite hating the casting. would recommend.

literally can't be worse than GotG2.

So this is what a fanboy's post looks like.

How would you serve Gal? Would you be a devoted slave?

>reviewers sign contracts in exchange for exclusive early access to film
>praise it like the sun

who'da thunk

>BigClintonFan

kek

I need to wait until MovieBlob reviews it
Then I'll know what to think

Wow...this is hilariously fanboyish and pathetic.

It's also true. This has already happened 3 times in a row.

Only the most deluded DC fanboys would fall for early twitter reactions as indicative of what critics will say again. Apparently there's still a lot of them.

This Is The Real Truth

The people who thought it was bad is not going to say anything on twitter and risk getting their shit kicked in by WB, of course

>a mess

and you know what that means

>Disgruntled employee

more like a paid marvel shill

Let me tell you a simple lesson.

If the movie is spectacular the producers are the first to say: "yay, that it is great"
If the movie is a bomb they hide the movie and let the embargo end 2 days before the movie premieres

yeah, Disney is paying off all the critics to shit on another brilliant DC movie.

So its shit?

Yes, let's build the expectations so the inevitable RT meltdown is even funnier

>#mmmBoys

>Another brilliant DC movie

Top kek

WB loves twitter!

>tfw no matter how hard WB tries, Marvel's Wasp and Captain Marvel will most undoubtedly do better numbers and make more strides for "empowering women" at least in the court of public opinion

>CharlieHunnamFan

kek

can't wait for GalGadotIsrael's thoughts

and thank god for that

PineForChris was at the screening, said it's the Best Picture worthy

As a distinguished fan of Marvel kino, I was equally as enthusiastic about the BvS trailers (despite the seeming chaos bts) as I am for the trailer for this. This movie looks like the the one that will properly capture the energy of a Marvel movie and make DC palatable to the masses.

But I thought all this of BvS and it was a fracking disaster so

oh fuck I was hoping that this film would be good

then you're retarded

1) it's DC
2)it's WB
that alone tells you the only thing it's good for is mocking the retards who call themselves DC fans

I actually kind of wanted Wonder Woman to be good for novelty's sake. I know Justice League will be a turd simply because they're forcing Cyborg.

Nice try.

I bet it's the same people who said the new Ghostbusters was good, because ((reasons)).

It's a powerful movie with a very important message for today's climate

KINO WOMAN CONFIRMED.

Can't wait for Sup Forums to kill itself.

>I actually kind of wanted Wonder Woman to be good
So did I. I thought the character was long over due for a decent movie. Too bad it came in the age of SJWs.

I don't think that's the problem, just the middling plot as reported. I think she'll be alright and the movie will be decent and better than Justice League, but still shitty if that climax is as reported.

>expecting a good movie in the Snyder-verse

Well hello there WB marketing team.

>Hate it because it's DC
>Love it because fuck drumpf
Which agenda will be pushed?

Oh fuck the BvS review threads were fucking gold.

Exactly
You can expect, only if you're stupid.

I will wait for the Uncut Cut that "fix everything but not really"

Anorexia is good?
Fuck off

Fun means enjoyable to see
Most marvel movies are

Funny is the comedic tone that they have

A little difference

This. The good sign is when they are allowed to twit whatever they considered good or bad,like CW or Deadpoll did. A good bunch of these guys are running around the bush or posting with their ww merch or hugging the director. Like holy fuck, maybe it's WB being cautious as fuck or gotta get ready for a second fresh review electric boogaloo.

And shit like just adds more fuel. Didn't they do the same for BvS?

Why are "early twitter responses" still a thing after Suicide Squad and BvS?

My uncle at Rockstar said that too! He also sent me the first copies of GTA 6 and RDD2!

>The Future of Justice

That still is a retarded tagline

This.
Theatrical will be dogshit, they will release the "Extended cut" which will just bloat the run time and fix 2 things, and DCucks will praise it as a masterpiece

I want Wonder Woman to be good too. But I can't say they're forcing Cyborg when he's been in the JL for years now.

But if either are good it will be a total surprise to me because I just haven't agreed with anything I've heard so far about what they're doing with these movies.

"Wonder Woman Is Selling Diet Bars and People Are Pissed"

eater.com/2017/5/11/15624308/wonder-woman-think-thin

apparently

>THE TRUTH IS WHAT I WANT IT TO BE

Because a lot of retards still fall for it

>Do not get why people wish it to be shitty.
Because they used a black wonder woman.

>Which agenda will be pushed?

whichever one is pushed, Sup Forums will push the opposite

> Dude who wrote Hawkman and Wonder Woman
>Batman News
>Geeking Out AMC
>fucking daily star
>some girl with a WW avatar
Fuck this, I'm rewatching kemono friends.

There was a guy that works at Regal Cinemas (the one that offers the $100 ticket so you can watch how many times you want) ranting that "people saying it's not good are lying and didn't even see it!"

This was a press screening which means critics, but looks like they also invited "geek" journalists. It's a good thing op's article adressing this here but fanboys will probably go straight to the tweets and don't even pay attention to who's the person behind them. It's all a matter of when they lift the embargo.

Wait wait, am I the only one who thought the DC movies ate very spiritual and deep?

>Empowering

So it's bad.

>$100 ticket so you can watch how many times you want
Why is this allowed?

It's WW1, and potentially what destroys Diana's hope for mankind. It's not going to be a laugh a minute.

If anything, I like the the lasso and her outfit tend to be the brightest thing on-screen.

They know people are not going to watch a DC flick 10 times

is this a legit source ?

the same people who give positive scores to Marvel Flicks too, don't forget

>It's WW1, and potentially what destroys Diana's hope for mankind. It's not going to be a laugh a minute

It's confirmed that WW1 is not the reason she abandons mankind because they don't know what the fuck they are doing

Also, there's a lot of comedy in the promotional material including a whole sequence of slapstick action

The tone will be just like Suicide Squad: all over the place

big if true

When she covers her bones she almost looks normal...

t. DC shill

When BvS came out, they said Wonder Woman would have "some comedy but would be mostly very dark"
Then a few months later it would be "hopeful, joyful, light, fun"
And now it's back to "dark, but some funny bits?"

Multiple reviewers on Twitter, including IGN and Marc Andreyko.

I had already seen it in the meantime, but thanks

Andreyko is not a reviewer by the way.

Oh I see. He's a writer.

and hides her massive, sloping forehead with the tiara

What went wrong? I can understand Snyder's track being rotten but they have more directors. This didn't need become the transformers of capeshit.

>What went wrong? I can understand Snyder's track being rotten but they have more directors.

Honestly I'll believe Wonder Woman is good when I see it.

So far all of the DCEU films have been dogshit.

I can already picture how great it's going to be

>Chris Pine holds a door open for Gal Gadot
>"No thanks, I open my own doors" as she walks through the door adjacent

>Gal Gadot is trapped in a greenhouse has German bombers fly overhead
>She leaps up and smashes her way through the glass ceiling

>During some down time Chris Pine stumbles upon Gal Gadot bathing in a lake
>His expression is a mixture of pure lust and awe - "Damn, Gal Gadot looks like THAT?"