Is scream the best slasher trilogy of all time?

Is scream the best slasher trilogy of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wu6x8KuPmTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The second one was underwhelming so I havent watched the third one, is it good? At least as the first one?

>Is screan the best slasher?
Yes, it was both comedy and kinda scary (not really, but almost), the plot twist is great and the beggining is pure gold

Naw it sucks too. First one is the only good one.

Alien

No, the first three Nightmare on Elm Street movies are.

The second one never watched.
Quit the third one after 57 minutes

comfy

NOT A SLASHER FLICK

Quadrilogy, and yes. 4th makes up for the 3rd, but all are at least good and the first 2 are incredible. Have a soft spot for the 4th, but that may be thanks to the comfy comedic tone and Alison Brie/ Hayden Panettiere

First one is pretty great. Second is serviceable.

Third one I can't remember if I watched.

1 > 2 > 4 > 3

If you didn't like 2 then you probably won't like 3 or 4.

I was going to say no because of how bad the sequels were, but then realized that's true for every other slasher series

Are they still going through with 5 and 6 now that Craven has passed? Lat i heard they were trying without luck. a Also has anyone seen the tv show
Here's that (you) you so desperately wanted

The second is more similar to the original but with added gay undertones

Wes Craven really wanted to make 5 and 6 but the studio rejected them because 4 was the least profitable film of the franchise. Now that Wes is dead I think it's safe to say that 5 and 6 will never ever happen.

it was a love letter to 80's slasher movies. almost as if it was made by Quentin Tarantino

It's not that i hated it, i just liked better the first one. I mean, the whole car scene is like "Why you do this Mr Craven?", and the similar-but-different plot twist was good, but nothing like the first one

They'll probably just reboot it.
Wait lel, that already happened.
Well they'll reboot it again in 5-10 years.

Well then try them out. 3 is a bit of a mess but I enjoyed it. 4 is a massive improvement over 3 although it isn't as good as 1.

New Nightmare did it better.

>Here's that (you) you so desperately wanted
I'm sorry my opinion displeases you so much that you think I wanted this. So I give (you) one in return.

Scream > Scream 2 = Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Lmao I forgot that shitty MTV show was made

it has the best waifus in a slash film series.

except scream 3. scream 3 is shit.

The Scream trilogy and the A Nightmare on Elm Street trilogy are both good but hindered by an underwhelming film. ANOES 1 is perfect, 2 is a mess, 3 is great. Scream 1 is perfect, 2 is good, 3 is a mess.

Damn shame they couldn't make it, far as I know Craven hinted at bringing back Hayden Panettiere's assumed dead Kirby from Scre4m. Also, an excuse to use the title "5cream".
The show's not awful, watchable Pretty Little Liars-tier "Mystery Thriller" with no relation whatsoever to the film series and no attempt to co-opt its tone or style (if anything, it has the provincial comfiness of the I Know What You Did Last Summer franchise). Watch it for the cute girls/ guys, stay for a handful of good actors dragging up the typically MTV "A SnapChat Killer?!" material

Nah, it's too meta and not tongue and cheek enough to get away with it, it over all feels edgy.
I think the 13th Trilogy is better than Nightmare personally

scream is the most meta slasher there is, m8

I mean going after the actual cast and crew is lame.

Its damn near close. Friday the 13th will always be the best.

it totally is though

One of my favorites. And loved it as a kid. One of the things I like about it that can makes it scary was how somewhat realistic it is. In the way that teens or anyone I guess but mainly teens will go out of their way to kill people or stupid reasons. Its kinda like a horror slasher version of a school shooting. Or even like the colorado movie shooting. How the kid got influenced by the joker, and claimed to be crazy and ended up killing many people. Lot like Stu and Billy being influenced by horror movies and killing people over it. Stu was just crazy and did it for shits and giggles, and Billy used his parents divorce as an excuse. 1st is the best 2 and third are good in their own way but i almost wouldnt consider them canon. Id either just pretend just the first one is on its own, or just the 1st one and the 4th one

Best slasher trilogy, but if we expand that to be the best horror trilogy it has some competition.

Halloween II > I

It's the same movie except 2 has the whole aftermath aspect, which makes it more interesting.

I like the first movie, I used to have the soundtrack too
Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Wu6x8KuPmTk

halloween 2 is shit, fuck off.

Alien was a steaming pile of rotten garbage. What a fucking waste of time.

Yes

>4 films
>trilogy