Future Quest #1 Lettered Preview

>DC Comics’ Hanna-Barbera revival begins next week, and the publisher has assembled a perfect creative team for the flagship title, Future Quest. Writer Jeff Parker, artist Evan “Doc” Shaner, and colorist Jordie Bellaire have done exceptional work together in the past on books like Flash Gordon and Convergence: Shazam, proving they have a strong understanding of how to interpret classic characters for modern audiences without losing sight of the qualities that made these properties popular in the first place. They have a formidable challenge with this new project, which has them bringing various Hanna-Barbera franchises together in one sprawling crossover series, but their past work together proves that they’re more than qualified to tell this ambitious story.

>These preview pages of Future Quest #1 detail the last stand of the Space Force against the Omnikron, beginning the issue with a rush of thrilling energy as the cosmic police force bands together to stop a planetary threat. Shaner is heavily influenced by the work of Alex Toth, who originally designed many of the characters appearing in Future Quest, and he gets the opportunity to lean into that influence with this title. The action in these preview pages is smooth and powerful, the environment is full of textured detail, and the characters are expressive and boldly designed. Bellaire’s rich coloring elevates the already impressive artwork, immediately establishing a tense atmosphere with the contrast of warm and cool colors on the page before pumping up the heat for the sequence’s big explosive moment. There’s immense artistry on display here, and it will be a delight to see that talent applied to characters like Space Ghost, Jonny Quest, The Herculoids, and many, many more.

Posting the variants later

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DocShaner/status/731200329342025728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll be reading Space Ghost as George Lowe.

End preview.

I don't really give a shit about the other HB DC comics, but this looks absurdly good.

what a tease
I
NEED
MORE

Here are the variants

Okay.

Wow, that's... actually kinda shit, especially for Sienkiewicz.

Space Ghost?

He has the same uniform as his underlings so maybe.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force spin-off when

I can't take Space Ghost seriously! That Zorak pose is right out of Coast to Coast for pity's sake.

>Say, Billy, why does your general let you have TWO power bands?

Clearly. This scene is Tad 'dying' and becoming Space Ghost Lone Ranger style.

I want this series to get a Chris McCulloch variant cover at some point.

kek

right click save as 'batkakke'

ITT: The Tragic Origin of Tad Ghostal

I'm psyched...Parker has REALLY impressed me the past couple of years with Atlas, Kings Watch, Batman '66.

How is his Aquaman?

Issues are gonna be $2.99 when Rebirth starts right? Or is that only for Hero stuff?

It's only the main universe, these HB books have been solicited at 3.99 but I don't know about the page count. That might be the reason for the extra dollar.

>How is his Aquaman?

Bretty gud.

thank you, based space god, because this Space Ghost looks awesome

really [/spoiler] fun [/spoiler]

definitely better than Bunn's run.
and a good follow for Johns' "Aquaman isn't lame" take.

That fucking pose was in the cartoon in the 60's where do you think the Coast to Coast took it from?

Also it's how Mantis have their arms or whatever they have, they do that thing that looks like they're planning something sinister.

Still my favorite of the covers.

Daphne or Velma?

This is going to be the first comic I keep up with live. I'm pretty hyped.

>Darwyn Cooke
Preemptively paying my respects. Was he supposed to be drawing on one of these new HB books?

Wouldn't surprise me if he was involved early on but had to drop out before creative teams were decided.

his recent batch of covers have mostly been boring to bad

twitter.com/DocShaner/status/731200329342025728

>Most interviews coming up in the next week regarding Future Quest touch on how Darwyn got the ball rolling for this book, so keep an eye out

>Sienkiewicz
>Herculoids

Both.

I enjoyed this preview very much big time.

Kind of dickish that they only gave a shield to the general.

Still pretty interesting, I am actually really hipped.

Thanks user.

Is Hatchy a Gal now? Or he just feminine, has big lips, and long hair?

Honest question.

That's a fur coat

The shield is not something they can mass produce.

That is Hatchy's coat.

Oh, I thought this was out already... my bad.

Has there been some other Johnny Quest thing coming out?

>That is Hatchy's coat.

Heh. It really is. Totally assumed it was his hair.

>The shield is not something they can mass produce.

Well, that seems like the most viable explanation, although I don't get why it should that much harder to make than standard energy shooting bracelets, but still seems kind of dickish. Reminds me of Zapp Brannigan.

"Go my loyal soldiers, don't worry about your general, I have an actual shield"

This is the only thing from this line that looks promising, but this comic alone makes it all worth it. It looks so good.