Why is cultural appropriation such a big deal to liberals?

Why is cultural appropriation such a big deal to liberals?

because liberals understand how harmful it can be for someone who knows fuck all about your culture to all of the sudden start mimicking certain aspects of it, ultimately perverting it.

It's disrespectful, depending on the example. People who wear Native American costumes don't know and don't care about the cultural meaning or symbolism of what they're wearing. Christians would probably be offended too if wearing the stigmata became a cool new hipster trend.

It's a great way to control and compartmentalize people.

It's especially funny because if anything's cultural appropriation it's what trannies are doing to women.

Because all non whites [that liberals protect] have nothing going for them other than some wacky clothes or hairstyle.

>woman is a culture

Don't worry, it's not like you have a culture for anyone to appropriate anyway

>le white ppl have no culture maymay
>t.Barbosa

I'll never understand this "there's no such thing as american culture" meme. You're literally immersed in it, that's why you can't notice it. When a nip goes full westaboo that's when you notice western (and american) culture.

I'd like this meme to stop.

Because actual racial oppression doesn't exist anymore, so now hurt feelings count as oppression (see also: "privilege")

It's not. They're just constantly coming up with new ways to psychologically degrade us. They never apply any of that stuff to themselves.

For white people who hate other white people, it is an excuse to bash white people.

For conquered cultures I'm sure it is pretty fucking irritating but come the fuck on you weenies. I have Viking ancestors and I don't freak out about the Minnesota Vikings. I think it is a bad ass name for a sports team actually.

For the conquered cultures it is probably a reminder that they are losers and white liberals love their own. Losers, that is.

English is a cultural appropriation. Clothes are a cultural appropriation. The internet is a cultural appropriation. School is a cultural appropriation.

"Cultural Appropriation" is a Cultural Appropriation. White People invented the term.

the warbonnet thing is true, it's disrespectful to see a bunch of annoying white hipsters wearing it. Not sure why the don't get upset whenever they see non-christians wearing upside down cross sweaters.

because people need something to complain about, and the actual issues are too hard to fix, and too systemic to acknowledge.

He's jealous tbqh

Because in a culture that rewards those who claim to be offended, aggrieved, or victimized, it's one more thing they can claim to be offended, aggrieved, or victimized by.

Same reason why nigger is

Exertion of power and influence

Why is it cool to appropriate white culture?
I dont see any other races refusing to use things that whites invented.
If they're so concerned about it I ask them to please, stop using electricity, cars, etc. We will stop using head dresses and hairsyles
>inb4 inventions aren't a part of culture

Culture is defined as

>the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

so please niggers, if you dont want me with dreads, thats fine. But I don't want you with cars.

Spain please stop using light bulbs, an intellectual achievement brought about by an American.
You contribute nothing.

The issue is usually more to do with things that have special significance in minority cultures. So a more accurate comparison would be how would you feel if people from another culture started wearing imitation war medals as a fashion statement, or styling themselves "Johnny Foreigner, PhD" without having ever completed a PhD. Personally I wouldn't give a shit but I could understand why people from my culture would feel aggrieved by that.

>I can understand
No, it makes literally no sense. Do the English get up in arms about everyone wearing suits?
Do the irish get up in arms when people go to "irish" pubs or play the harp?
It's because minorities are shit at everything and once whites adopt a piece of their culture there's nothing to distinguish them from whites, and it's all the more obvious how shit they are

a modern day sin they can figuratively burn you at the stake for. 'Racism' is the original sin of the white man. Any manifestation must be met with endless self-hatred and blame or be persecuted.

>things that have special significance

>suits aren't significant in English culture
>pubs and music aren't significant in irish culture

It's a big deal to me too. Stop the niggers from moving into my god damn all white fucking neighborhood!

>>the warbonnet thing is true, it's disrespectful to see a bunch of annoying white hipsters wearing it.
Would it be okay if I wore one, but clubbed and scalped a white man then raped his woman and stole his horse afterwards?

>suits aren't significant in English culture
they really aren't everybody on the fucking planet wears a suit.
>pubs and music aren't significant in irish culture
who the fuck is appropriating pubs? Do you see niggers or chinks who own bars named O'maleys? Get your head out of your ass Nigie

>everybody on the fucking planet wears a suit
And it came from the English, do you see them crying about it?
>do you see chinks who own bars named O'maley's
Yes, and yet the paddies don't care, cause it's something they made that people like and wish to replicate

So in this comparison the suit is analogous to a loincloth or whatever piece of leather a native american usually wore, and the Victoria Cross is analogous to a warbonnet. Now do you get it? Only a select few people from either culture get to wear the latter, because each has special significance to do with great achievement in battle.

Except they don't live in the fucking forest and raid other tribes anymore do they?
It would be like a chink wearing a purple robe and then Italians crying about the Roman Senate