>Marvel is normie safe kiddie shit
>DC is pretentious bleak even worse shit
>XMen has been shit since 2001
>Implying the Kaijuverse won't save cinematic universes in general

>XMen has been shit since 2001
Wrong

He's a big guy

it already proved to be worse with skull island
a pointless movie, with stupid characters, no buildup for nothing, showing these thing just because, with some highschool project tier music choice
the only thing important being the after credits scene

For kaiju

Cinematic universes are bad by their very nature. The only thing that will save them is death.

>Not being hyped for giant monster fights

How will Kong stand a chance against Godzilla? He's like an ant compared to him

>Implying the Kaijuverse won't save cinematic universes in general
>Latest godzilla was about breaking bad actor and less about godzilla

The only think kaijuverse will save cinematic is if we focus more about the kaijus and less about the poor humans. this is why michael bay's transformers were shit, it was more about shia and less about the transformers

Kong was a baby in Skull Island. They actually set it up quite well. Monarch, the company in KSI, geneteically engineered Kong as a form of combatting the naturally formed Kaiju that formed from the "Hollow earth" theory proposed in the movie (the skull lizards). Kongs race was wiped out, and in the 70s where the movie takes place hes only a baby. 40+ years of growing is gonna make him even bigger and angrier, and as a geneteically engineered fighting machine made to specifically fight kaiju, its gonna be a good matchup even though Legendary Godzilla is fucking insane

These movies have less kaijus than wed like but theyre actually really solid movies. They cant go full blast with the action, they have to ease you into it. The next movie is gonna be pic related So its gonna be insane

what i can't stand about the Skull Island is that feel that it is a movie made to bridge the previous movie with the coming movie

which is exactly the same kind of annoying feel I got from Marvel and DC franchise

>save cinematic universes in general
aren't we supposed to save cinema not "cinematic universes"?

why do we need cinematic universes anyway?

If I have to choose, I would eliminate all the sequel movies. Yes, including Robocop 2 and T2 and many Star Wars movies.

>being this pretentious
You have no one irl to project this onto do you?

I'm just bored of most movies they've been formulas I can predict most beats and there no tension

Is Godzilla 2014 canon in this universe?

Yes. Post credits sting shows Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidora and Rodan on cave paintings showing that theyre far older than the juvenile Kong is in Skull Island. Kong will be a full grown kaiju when he tees off against Godzilla

i know, budget wise they can't be a full 2 or so hours of kaiju action but wouldn't hurt to have the non kaiju scenes be more talking about them (kaijus) than forcing us to like the people?

Nice. Wonder if it will be a straight showdown or they'll team up for a common cause. Kong loves dem white women.

>Implying it won't be the grimdark cinematic Hellboyverse

I can LITERALLY envision how fat and hunched over you look, OP

X-Men is doing good right now. They had Logan for the adults, Deadpool for the redditors, and Legion for the kinoisseurs.

Literally the only scene that feels like this is the after-credits scene. Almost everybody in the movie fucking dies

So which lapdog director will be directing Godzilla vs Kong? The guy who directed Trick 'r Treat is directing Godzilla 2

How big exactly is King Kong supposed to get as an adult?

I haven't watched the newest Godzilla or King Kong, but in my mind I don't really picture Kong being as big as Godzilla, and I feel like just him being so much more agile than Godzilla would make it one sided unless they gimp'em.

>Legion

Obviously, Kong is going to get access to a high-tech suit, then he'll go up to Godzilla and ask him if he bleeds.

could Batman defeat Godzilla 1v1?

no plot armor allowed.

All the Vietnam War shit in Skull Island felt like disingenuous crap. The director is in his 20s and just mindlessly aping Vietnam war movies he's seen.

X-Men fluctuates between shit and good

That king Kong movie was ass though

>Shitting in Godzilla 2014 or/and Skull Island
Screw you normies.

I enjoyed them and want the Monsterverse to succeed but both had obvious flaws. Godzilla killed the best human character too early to give us quickass following Kaiju because plot. Kong had cliche (but decently done) Ahab story with Ahab, Goodman was severely underused, John C Reilly was the only likable character, and Brie was a Mary Sue.

That said I hope King of the Monsters blows me away

Well Godzilla was bad but KSI was a fun popcorn movie which is more that I can say about most capeshits, so you might be right

He's a fat guy