Kevin Feige Confirms No Natalie Portman In Thor: Ragnarok

>When asked by Empire Film whether the rumors of Natalie Portman sitting Thor: Ragnarok out were true, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige simply responded, "I can confirm that, yes."

>As for why, there are "many reasons," according to Feige. "Many of which are in the film so you will see that," he says. "There are only a couple of scenes on Earth in this movie. 80 to 90 percent takes place in the cosmos."

>The exploration of the cosmos in Ragnarok will be no joke - something else Feige was willing to spill. "Tonally and geographically there are a lot of different planets outside of the nine realms that we visit in Thor: Ragnarok," the executie producer says.

There is some hope for this movie after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VoBhuv1GUJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank Goodness

>There is some hope for this movie after all.
MCU Thor
No there isn't.

>No Natalie Portman In Thor: Ragnarok

Didn't we already know this?

Ayyy
God, hopefully we'll get a proper representation of Thor. Give him the helmet!

Earth stuff is what ruined the Thor movies for me. I enjoyed pretty much everything that was set on Asgard.

If this movie really takes place in the cosmos 90% of the time, then I'm pretty excited.

Aaah, I like Portman as Foster.
MCu Thor has been quite nice so far. Darkworld was very enjoyable.

NOOOOOOOOOO

They are only true couple in the MCU

What's with all their girlfriends constantly leaving them after every movie? Why even bother with the love interests anymore when none of the actresses are willing to return for sequels?

Oh Jesus, such awful taste

Unless thor is surrounded by other avengers its unlikely that this movie will be good.

>"There are only a couple of scenes on Earth in this movie. 80 to 90 percent takes place in the cosmos."
>"Tonally and geographically there are a lot of different planets outside of the nine realms that we visit in Thor: Ragnarok,

Why isn't anyone talking about this?

I know it's going to invite console wars but I'm glad to see Marvel can learn from their mistakes.

I'm intrigued by the weird director choice.

Portman did 2 and that was enough.

More like it was 2 many.

Why not address this question to literally every James Bond movie ever?

It's just a matter of retaining the same actors to play non-starring roles for movie after movie. It's hard to get major actors to commit their time and effort to spend ten minutes on-screen when instead they could be working on a project that they're starring in.

I understand that Hulk will be playing a big part in this one. That's got to count, right?

Based Shogun Waititi.

Hulk is confirmed to be in.

Well on the one hand it's nice to see a Thor movie have a more cosmic feel to it, but it does seem a bit of a pity that she won't return for the completion of the Trilogy.

>Planet Hulk
I can dream.

>Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Because we haven't seen anything of it yet? And most people have given up on Thor.

>Give him the helmet!
I doubt we'll get it. The whole point of why we only saw it once was because they couldn't make one that would stay on Hemsworth's head. It's why they abandoned it altogether since the first movie.

Good. She brings nothing to the table.

>"There are only a couple of scenes on Earth in this movie. 80 to 90 percent takes place in the cosmos."
Best thing they could have said.

>Kevin Feige Confirms No Natalie Portman In Thor: Ragnarok
There is hope for Thor: Ragnarok!

What are the chances we will get a beta ray bill?

>What are the chances we will get a beta ray bill?
0%

>Why not address this question to literally every James Bond movie ever?

1. they didn't give a shit about continuity back then

2. The Craig films did address this.

>Thor
>Hulk
>Beta Ray Bill
Stop user

Oh come on, user.
3%.

you're a fucking millionaire

why are you so awkward

>What are the chances we will get a beta ray bill?

None. A joke kid's character like him doesn't really fit the tone of the MCU. Unless they changed nearly everything about him.

Thor movies have been fucking boring.

Probably because she's a nerd who graduated from Harvard and neither of the schools at that game?

What? For one, how is he a "joke kid's character"? His backstory is fucking tragic and is plenty serious. What about him would need changed?

>Thor is feeling sad because cunt-face told him she saw him destroy a whole city and she couldn't handle being so close to something so powerful and capable of so much destruction.
>Thor goes to get the biggest monster he knows and Hulk/Banner helps him cope with his duty as a God/King.
>Thor helps Hulk/Banner accept each other and we get a sligthly smarter and more in control Hulk
>Thanos breaks Asgard in the final 5 minutes of the movie after they've saved it, showing what a monster really is.

There you go, destruction is the theme of the movie. Some better writer than me turn it into a properly written light-hearted but bitter-sweet movie where it turns real south at the last moment and ends on a dark chapter preparing for IW.

Then why even bother going?

HE HAS A HORSE FACE. YELLOW PERIL. TOO GOOFY. ELIZABETH OLSEN CAN'T WEAR A CAPE AND CROWN. TOO GOOFY.

I really hoped Planet Hulk followed by World War Hulk would be phase 3 endgame before they announced Infinity War.

money doesn't magically turn into social skills

>the executie producer

Was actually wondering the same thing, user...

Yes it does. As soon as you get money, people fall over themselves to be your friend. That's social skills.

Oh, honey.

You should've gone to a proper college.

>HE HAS A HORSE FACE.
He has a monstorous face that's kind of horse-shaped, but it's not a horse face. The Kymellians have horse faces. Bill's face is just kind of elongated.

>YELLOW PERIL.
Yellow Peril is a reference to Asian fear mongering and racist stereotypes of the 50s. It doesn't mean "you can't have people with yellow skin in movies."

>TOO GOOFY.
What's goofy about him? Like I said, his backstory is extremely tragic. There really isn't anything goofy about him. His origin was the most serious Thor arc ever up to that point.

>ELIZABETH OLSEN CAN'T WEAR A CAPE AND CROWN.
What? Bill's outfit is just a more cosmic looking variant of Thor's. I don't see what your point is.

>TOO GOOFY.
See: Last time you said this.

>horse guy doesn't fit MCU
>A talking racoon and tree does

I hate the helmet. I'm glad the MCU ditched it.

No MCU Whor then? Good.

>2016
>still doesn't realize that another Hulk solo movie will literally never happen
Any chance of a new Hulk movie went out the window when Disney bought Marvel.

It's a joke. With the world that Marvel is building, where Howard the Duck exists, there is no real reason for BRB to not exist and be kicking ass, but it would be too "comic booky" for audiences. I'm assuming that's the same reason Elizabeth Olsen doesn't want to wear the crown and cape.

I heard this before. But why? Is that another of those bullshit licensing issues?

What is Will Smith doing with that shield

I thought it was because she didn't have the body for it

The hammer will instead be given to a muslim trans woman who's sexual orientation is questionable.

>it would be too "comic booky" for audiences
Right, because a Rocket Raccoon totally isn't a thing.

I'm pissed solely on the basis that he went through hell to get back together with her. And then they drop it just like that? Good grief.They should have kept her on and fridged the fuck out of her in the first scene.
Also casting a all-new all-different love interest instead of using Sif is a knife in the back.

>Thor movie with different planets (also outside of the 9 realms)
>There's apparently some Planet Hulk stuff in
>They can't use Silver Surfer
>SS was replaced by Bill in the animated movie
It's possible

Universal has the distribution rights for all Hulk solo films.

Second.

>they do it with the new love interest instead
>co/ now has to deal with a black female Thor

he fits the tone of the cosmic stuff pretty well so far, as the cosmic stuff seems to be brightly colored space adventure and gleaming camp space vikings. In fact, it will be fucking delightful when the serious geopolitic avengers has to deal with the fact that the rest of the cosmos seems to be a pretty absurd, silly place.

>What? For one, how is he a "joke kid's character"?

>Beta Ray Bill
>Horseface
>Skuttlebutt
>Thor knockoff

It's like he was literally made by an asshole 12 year old. He's a joke.

I don't understand why people don't line a superhero movie if it's TOO "comic booky" why fucking bother to go see a movie or like a character if you clearly hate the source material

I thought it was Sif and they just recast her

Bill's not happening because they pawned off his niche to Hulk instead. Simple as that.

There is nothing wrong with the Thor movies. First one can be a bit of a bore and that's it. even then it had its moment.

Second movie is great and does an amazing job at depicting Loki and thor's relationship.

Technically trans-Thor was a thing already.

Jaime Alexander's done fucking Agents of Shield episodes. She's not exactly clawing for an out.

>I thought it was because she didn't have the body for it

No. She's openly stated that she just doesn't like the leotard and the tiara. I think the leotard because of some sexualization thing (which I'm I'm close to calling bullshit about considering her costumes so far), and the tiara because she thought it was silly (which I agree on. It would not look good in real life).

Because there's still a sense of shame in going to see men and women parading around in tights that modern audience still haven't gotten over. Theoretically, say that the MMPR movie becomes huge and American Toku becomes as big an industry as comic book movies. Even as edgy and adult and cool as they try to make it, it will never escape the shadow of being something originally for outcasts to like. That's why people say "I'm a nerd" instead of "Comic books are for socially adjusted people at all level of society"

>Thor becomes a woman
>decides to wear a skimpier costume

>Inb4 the 10-20% on Earth is all Darcy making terrible quips

I've been playing too much Gundam Breaker. I thought her titties were GN Drives.

Whenever a dude becomes a chick, he realises that all he ever wanted was, like, 50 dicks inside him.

As long as I can see her titties

Kill yourself

I don't disagree. They're my favourite subfranchise of the MCU.
However having since read the comics I can totally see how they'd be considered sacrilege. I got talking to my bro about Volstagg the other day and suddenly realized that he's had like one line and 5 minutes of screentime combined compared to some 20 minutes of the OC sidekick's OC sidekick's OC sidekick. EC3 lookin' mutherfuckuh.

Scarlet Witch's entire outfit would stick out in the MCU like a sore thumb.
I'm glad they went for the more elegant design.

if /gif/ is any indication certainly

It's clearly his male costume repurposed,
Viking warrior gods aren't renowned for their tailoring skills.

Why couldn't Hulk and Bill both be in?
youtube.com/watch?v=VoBhuv1GUJU

Like you wouldn't do the same in that situation.
Besides, that is rather prude in comparison.

I don't really go on /gif/, what do you mean?

>I don't really go on /gif/
Keep it that way. Ignorance is bliss.

Just a huge number of dudes that like to fantasize about getting magically turned into girls and then gangbanged. Nothing too crazy but I never knew it was such a popular fetish.

We've come to this kind of absurd point were critics of the MCU accuse these movies of being both 2serius4comics and 2silly4kino at the same time

Portman and Cat Bitchings literally RUINED Dark World.

The first Thor was just average.

>kino

Fucking leave, go back to Sup Forums.

Where does my post suggest i'd use the word "kino" unironically

>MCu Thor has been quite nice so far. Darkworld was very enjoyable.
There go my sides.

Because without his established storytelling role it wouldn't be much of a Bill and is just going to leave you with blue balls. So he shows up for a 10 minute arena fight that any generic alien hoss could be used for; would you genuinely be happy with that? Because that's the extent of what you'd get. They saw that Thor has a beefy wingman in his cosmic stories and saw fit to use some contract dates for an existing normie-beloved character that fit the archetype instead of introducing a brand new literally who.

>he's a joke
Confirmed having never read Simonson's BRB arcs. Or any BRB outside of maybe Power Pack.

Chris Evans is pretty awkward too, but in a cute way.

>can't stand still

Not really, they just are supposed to share it. Disney doesnt want to share money.

>80 to 90 percent takes place in the cosmos.

BOUT DAMN TIME!!!

It only took them what 2 shitty movies?

I want Hulk and Thor road trip buddies over the 9 realms. And Loki just show up in the end to die for ever.

Because none of the Hulk movies have been particularly successful (both got below $300million worldwide), not enough to justify the collaboration

Yea, thats pretty fair. Would you want to make a movie that is a gamble that you also have to share the profits with someone else?