Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

>Michael B Jordan will reteam with his Creed director Ryan Coogler for Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, inking a deal to join movie's buzzy cast, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

>This would be the third time that Jordan will work with Coogler, who is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script. The first time the duo came together was for the indie drama Fruitvale Station.

Wow, what a shocking casting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zdIpXJlM8A
superherohype.com/news/374091-simon-kinberg-wants-a-fantastic-four-sequel-with-the-same-cast#/slide/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck yes.

Use the catalog

>tfw even Black Panther will have a black best friend

His teeth look plastic.

>42 seconds

s-sorry

Your one doesn't even have a pic of the guy.

>MCU: Ex-Torches society

I made the first thread you faggot. Kys.

sorry

Now we just need Jay Underwood in the MCU.

That's nice. I like Jordan. Wonder who he'll play. Could they be reintroducing the F4 on the sly in BP?

JORDAN FOR MAN-APE

PLEASE

Mara was in Iron-Man 2, and now this.
So what are Teller and CLOBBERING TIME going to do in the MCU?

This guy is a really bad actor.

He was pretty good in Creed, so no complaints.

Killmonger nigga!!

>bait insulting based MBJ
>picture of a cat
>p-pls post in my thread instead

He'd need to get bigger

That's great, he was fantastic in Creed.

And on the same day Simon Kinberg announces plans for Fantastic Four 2 with the same cast.

Got 'em again, Marvel.

What is it with black men and ear rings?

coogler sounds like a dirty word for something

>Coogler directing BP
>Stallone in GOTG2
>Thompson in Thor 3
>MBJ in BP
>Avon Barksdale already in Ant Man

Feige must've loved Creed

rap made it cool

But I love MBJ ;_;

Anyone else from that movie that isn't in the MCU yet?

Why wouldn't you, it's a really good film.

Hopefully Coogler will bring some vision to Black Panther; unlike DuVernay I imagine that he'd be happy to include some hype superhero moments too.

Can't see what the superhero equivalent of the scene is
youtube.com/watch?v=4zdIpXJlM8A

He said it was his favorite movie last year

Can't wait for the scene were he and Captain America talk about fire or some shit.

Did he? Gunn said it was one of his favorites too.

Avon Backslide?

>Gets wasted as a one time villain
I'm afraid the same thing will happen to Mads in Dr Strange.

Yeah he said so in an interview

*Can't wait to see, I should say

Just for poetry's sake he'll play a character relating to Captain America.

And he was THIS CLOSE to being Malekith. I don't think I could've forgive that.

Kek.

Kinberg: There still might be a way we get a Fant4stic 2.
Coogler: NOPE.

Both Feige and Gunn have claimed that Creed and What We Do in the Shadows were their favourite drama and comedy movies last year. I'd be cynical about it, but they actually were mine too.

The Russos have talked a bit about Michelle McLaren and her work on Breaking Bad, so I'm thinking they at least interviewed her for Captain Marvel.

I want him to be a villain just because I like when typically good guy actors play bad guys.

Fuck that, he's a twig.
....OOO! What if he's playing Achebe?

Hip-hop used to be about young niggas getting money, jewelry was a way to showcase said money, earrings were just another way to flash your bling.

It was really big for niggas that grew up in the 90s. It's less common now.

Jamie Bell is gonna get swole and play Union Jack.

Teller is going to play Doc Ock.

is there gonan be a scene where him and Captain America talk about how awesome Jim Hammond was

(Cus...cus they both played the Human Torch)

Um, did you see Creed?

I would like ANY acknowledgement to Hammond at this point since he straight up appeared in the beginning of First Avenger.

He's pretty jacked, but he's nowhere near what you'd need for a Man-Ape.

yea but Man-Ape is impossibly large.
like even Terry Crews is too small to be Man-Ape

Will Claire Huxtable play BP's mom?

You guys say this as though any of the MCU actors' previous work gets mentioned. What do you think this is, Deadpool?

>They improve the cast of an already hype movie while probably assuring F4 rights come back to them by cancelling their sequel

Union Jack was already a Howling Commando in the first Cap movie.

wants Fant4stic 2 already cancelled?

It's just jokes, user. Relax.

You know who would have been big enough
;_;

There's only 1 person who is that jacked.

superherohype.com/news/374091-simon-kinberg-wants-a-fantastic-four-sequel-with-the-same-cast#/slide/1

The modern Union Jack.

The producer said yesterday that he'd like to do a sequel with the original actors.

Within 24 hours, Marvel buys the Torch. Those sly bastards.

Who could he even play as

They keep not really being clear about it. I think they just want to force Disney to offer them as much money as possible.

>Michael has got Black Panther, The Thomas Crown Affair and potential Creed sequels
>Miles has got War Dogs, Bleed For This and The Divergent movies

>Josh Trank has the unemployment line

Get fucked loser. Your shitty Fantastic Four movie didn't ruin two these twos promising careers.

If there isn't at least one scene with his character and Evans' Captain America just sharing a scene or look together. I will freak.

No.

>two ex-torches in the MCU
lmao

is that buttercup on that thing behind him?

>like even Terry Crews is too small to be Man-Ape
Have you seen B99? Jamal Duff makes Crews look like a fucking dwarf. That's the perfect Man-Ape

>people actually think we're going to get a black guy called the man-ape when we couldn't get The Mandarin.

I don't want them to go back to Opposite-Villains.

Looks good with our skin.

Yeah, Jordan's way more likely to play Killmonger than Man-Ape. There's no fucking way they're releasing a movie with a African character called Man-Ape in it.

I hope he doesn't get in the way of the T'Challa/Everett bromance.

Worked damn well for Flash.

i thought he had aids

More like Josh Trank is working the 12 hour shift at McDonalds.

It was me, T' Challa!!!

but he can't act.

what the fuck is wrong with comics fans that they want people who look right, but can't fucking act.

That's Magic B. Johnson.

To be fair, Man-Ape isn't really doing the legwork in terms of character stuff, at least. It's not like the Triple H as Thor casting idea; he's not the one carrying the film.

That being said, has Klaw been confirmed as the villain yet?

If Marvel can make Batista look good, I think we can swing Man-Ape. Just go full EMH with him.

>That being said, has Klaw been confirmed as the villain yet?
Klaw and Everett Ross are confirmed to be in it, but no deceleration of official boss villain yet.

They played Batista for laughs though. He had to be serious for all of 5 lines. The rest, bad acting didn't matter because it was supposed to be funny.

I don't think BP is going to have the same laid back tone GotG did for 90% of it.

I expect something more Captain America where things are serious 80% of the time.

Well, comic book serious anyway.

>Chadwick Boseman
>Lupita N'yongo
>Andy Serkis,
>Martin Freeman
>maybe Sebastian Stan

And now Michael B. Jordan. This cast is better than fucking Justice Leagues.

Serkis is not confirmed.

It's likely, but right now the only ones 100% in it are Boseman, Freeman and now Jordan.

Someone update that picture of "When you no longer are in the worst FF movie" with both Chris and Mike laughing.

Where do you guys want to see this movie go, tonally?

I'd actually quite like to see a Marvel film with a dark tone, and I feel like this one would be the right one to do it.

Just as long as the villains are still shitlord white men!

I'm guessing that they'll have a Klaw and a villain closer to Wakanda.

So, interracial villainy, user.

it's okay, he is gonna direct the film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid

>shitlord white men!

Are there any other kind?

Dark would have been the murder of his father and the desire of revenge to take back the throne from Man-Ape, I don't see it as much happening here now. I think they'll try to focus on showing off how much advance tech Wakanda has being an isolationist nation while also embracing the traditions of their ancestors.

Yeah, that's an A+ cast that pleases a fucking lot of people.

Serkis is confirmed, they just haven't announced if hes playing Klaw again or not.

>those eyes
God, he's dead inside.

Good to see Kojima happy though.

>Not f4ntastic

Got really excited for a moment there because I thought it was White Wolf.
The I remembered White Wolf is, well, white.
Then I realized I was wrong and got really excited again.
Then I remembered that this character was, well, shit.

I hope Bucky is in it, mostly because there was a moment in there fight where T'Challa's ring seemed to react weird against Bucky's arm, and they both looked at each other weird, and then went back to fighting.
and it wasn't addressed at all.

Kevin Grevioux

COME ON, dude wrote for Marvel.
And that voice.

Not a villain. He's a hand-me-down hero. Could work in a 3rd movie, I suppose.