Tfw you will never watch the Sopranos for the first time again

>tfw you will never watch the Sopranos for the first time again

CAZZATA MALANGA

You never had the makings of a varsity athlete. Small hands

I haven't seen The Sopranos

I've never watched but this board has spoiled several key scenes for me. Should I still watch it?

>tfw watching it for the first time right now
Just about done with Season 1

>key scenes
???

CARMELA, SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!

Same but I'm in the middle of season 5

>tfw you will never watch the sopranos for the second time again either

I know how it ends, I know Tony kills Pussy, I know Tony kills steve buscemi, I know billy batts kills a gay guy, I know "watch it chrissy" guy is one of the only members of the crew to survive.

>yfw junior was pretending to be retarded all along in an elaborate game of 4D chess to retake the reigns once Tony got himself whacked

what a goddess

do you have the webm of her doing that sexy dance for Finn (I think it was during a montage scene from the very beginning of S6?)

Was eating that chicks pussy part of his plan?

Of coursh

I don't think that would make much of a difference, but I won't recommended because I don't think it's a good series, or I'll allow it has merits, but I don't enjoy it, because every episode has so much filler, almost all the significant plot points are done with so little preparation, and you feel as if you've wasted your time after watching every episode, and season.

it's still a great story and surprisingly one of the funniest shows I've watched

I was expecting to go through it and think it's good but not amazing, but I was wrong, it truly is the GOAT

Why did she have to be a blabbermouth cunt about it?

Meadow was such a bitch, but she was so hot.

All I do is watch clips on YoiTube, like the other user, at this point ive spoiled too much

What are the most kino scenes?

Also i have 0 fucking interest in aj/carmello/muhh sick/therapist plotlines

You are literally missing out on what makes the show so good if you skip all of the family and therapy shit. Reminder that you have to be 18+ years old to post here.

Maybe you should stick to material by pic related, you inattentive no brain dumb faggot.

Nah. Not gonna do it.

I like watching Tony with the boys and mafia drama, I DGAF about Tonys family or his feels

what a fucking stunad

2/3 into season 2 here

I always told myself I was gonna catch up on The Sopranos, and, boy, am I glad I did.

So in other words, you're not interested in substance, depth or character in TV shows and you have zero taste?

Tony kills Chris
Adriana gets killed for working with the fbi
Jackie Jr gets killed by orders by Tony
Dr Melfi gets raped
Uncle Jr goes senile and attempts to kill Tony
and it is implied that Tony gets wacked at the end

have fun

Man, go back to watching Marvel movies and T.V shows.

>ywn piss like a race horse in a portable toilet

what was actually going to happen at yankee stadium if Finn showed up?

Vito would've just made a move and threatened him not to say anything.

Please don't watch The Sopranos. We don't need people like you watching it.

I get right to the good shit.

I saw Vito get exposed as a fag and all the scenes about

Ive seen Ralphies coked up bring the best bamtz to the bada bing then kill a hooah

Ive seen the joke Ralphie made bout the 90lb mole and all the related scenes, including the kino mob sit down to decide to whack him

Ive seen Chris not pay the tab then Paulie troll him only to both kill some guy to bond again

NONE of this required seeing Tonys boring homelife or his r9k therapy sessions nor was I confused

Now give me more good scenes, you people only talk about the same scenes everytime anyways, no one is like YO REMEMBER THAT INTERESTING AJ PLOTLINE XD

Since you have about 0 interest in any depth, you have literally nothing of value or witty commentary to add to Soprano threads.

Take it easy

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

>tfw you will never watch the sopranos

>tfw mever watched because way back i watched the ending on youtube so i thought that lowkey it would ruin the experience
Was i right lads ? Or should i watch it anyway ?

Padres would've won

Positively based

>tfw you've watched this show 5 times and nothing can ever top it for you
>tfw standards are now way too high to enjoy anything else

You're lucky you dont have your head handed to you. You give me (You)'s, I post.

>filler
just like your brain am I right?

you gotta stick to something simple like the wire

You just revealed your own ignorance..

Why does this place smells like sushi

Another toothpick.

>If I were you, I would seriously consider salads!
>said by Gandolfini

Now I'm sad.

>mfw I don't even recognize any of those guys

lmao stay mad finocchio

Well, if I get Alzheimer like Uncle Junior, I will watch Sopranos for the first time as many times as I want to

>tfw i can watch the Sopranos for the first time

Not an argument. As in it didn't deal with any overarching plot, and sometimes, it was clearly there just to take up space.

>tfw you'll never watch b5 for the first time again.

I want to go back.

Don't watch the show. Stick to epic superhero movies and star wars instead.

>again

Do you know just the spoilers or you actually saw these scenes and understood the context? Because it's really important even if you know that it will happen, seeing it is a different thing.

Like if someone was to play

>AND WE'LL SEND YOU GLAD TIDINGS FROM NEW YORK

you'd actually understood it the meaning?

who had the best ass and why was it jojo

It's not that good. I mean, it's far from bad, but the characters are 90% grating, unlikeable cunts, and the plot takes AGES to go anywhere. It feels almost like a slice of life show.

It makes season 2 of The Wire feel like a breath of fresh air.

It's called episodic entertainment. Deal with it. David Chase designed the show to essentially function doubly as a serialized series and a film every week. It accomplishes that.

mustang sally my baby....

I have never watched it

>tfw I have never watched a single episode and never plan on doing so

The characters are hilarious and real
The show is the most authentic slice-of-life ever made

I don't think it works as a film, and as a serialized series, more of each episode needed to be devoted to larger arcs, lasting about a season. So fucking often, I would be interested in a story, and then when it ends abruptly by the time the episode ends, I would feel empty, like I wasted my time. Eventually, this wore me down and I had to stop watching the series.

Reminder that tv shows are reddit.

episodes like College could easily be short movies. or Pine Barrens, or any number of them. there were also many season-long arcs, like Pussy flipping, Vito in New Hampshire, or Carm's affair with Furio, and a shitload of others. I really don't get what you're saying.

I
LOST
MY
SHOE

lucky you're a pathetic fuck with a worthless opinion no one cares about.

>Director tells him to go in front of the mirror and hate himself
>Actor realizes he really has a good reason to genuinely do it
>Experiences real emotional distress following direction

Anyone ever think about this? Like when actors' real physical shortcomings are mocked in movies. I'd feel kinda bad using it, but it has to be done for the sake of the picture sometimes.

happened all the time on the show, Chrissy's nose, Jinny Sac's weight, Carmine's fish lips,etc.

I think they recognize it's all about making the show real

edgy

go back to re ddit you fucking queer.

Holy shit, James Gandolfini is dead.

Why did I never knew this

YOU ONE-SHOE COCKSUCKER I'LL LEAVE YOU IN THE FUCKIN DIRT

I bet if I watched College, I find filler in it as well, but this is probably one of the most tightly focused episodes of the series, so it's not fair representation for all the episodes.
>there were also many season-long arcs,
Correct, but a large portion of the episodes still seem they were based on half-baked, or incomplete stories that just end because the episode did. The episodes seem like a cross between having a episodic structure and a arc structure, and I think it for the most part, got the worst parts of both worlds.

Why do you post like a fucking nigger?

Not an argument :D

I don't even know what "filler" is supposed to mean in this context. As a show that's all about character, the show has no filler. College does a great job at highlighting Tony's existential anxiety over what he does whilst fulfilling his duty as a mob solider, and looks at Carm's faith being used by her as a method to psychologically cleanse herself of responsibility for what he does.

I have never watched the Sopranos. It's just sitting on my hard drive but I have not yet made it through episode 1.

who was better?

>As a show that's all about character, the show has no filler.
part of s03e01 can be considered filler, albeit not because of the usual reasons for a filler-ep.

Right, yeah, that episode was literally cooked up in an instant because Nancy Marchand died, and even then, the lamp was something that they came back to a bunch of times that season. It also helped build up the Soprano world by showing the perspective of the Feds.

Pleb.

>College does a great job at highlighting Tony's existential anxiety over what he does whilst fulfilling his duty as a mob solider, and looks at Carm's faith being used by her as a method to psychologically cleanse herself of responsibility for what he does.
I don't remember the episode well enough aside from the plot where he hunts down a protected witness. If all the episodes were as tightly focused on that episode, I think it would be a much better example.
I have at least a few examples of what I consider to be "filler." Take when Carmela invests in some stock and it does well. There's no arc to this episode. We don't see the character grow at all. You could relate it to Carmela's desire to become more independent, but that wasn't even a focus of her character at that point in the series. It also made investment look far easier than it actually was, though perhaps realistic for the time. I'm pretty sure the episode ended on Carmela discovering her investment did well, so that would be at time I would ask myself, "What was the point of what I saw?" If she lost the money, even in a future episode, that would still kinda make it filler because it's not an interesting plot on its own, and it's something that's never referenced again. It's just there to take up space, and there were so many plots like this within the episodes.

You should rewatch the episode. And the entire series. The show only really begins on the first rewatch, the first run through is just to get the plot down, you miss 99% of the little things.

>The show is the most authentic slice-of-life ever made
K. This eventually gets dull after a while, and a more interesting conflict with better pacing would have made the series more interesting. I'm pretty sure I "got" the characters after the first season or two, so any heavy reliance on realism was really unnecessary.

>The show only really begins on the first rewatch, the first run through is just to get the plot down, you miss 99% of the little things.
Hoho, I'm not falling for that shit. The series is boring as fuck for me to watch the first time, and the problems I mentioned would only be exacerbated. You can't even call me too stupid to not appreciate the genius of this show because the problems I mentioned have nothing to do with lack of understanding.

just just watch breaking bad again pleb

>season one - Livia
>season two - Richie
>season three - Meadow/AJ
>season four - Carmela
>season five - Tony B
>season 6 - Phil
Every conflict shows Tony from a different side, son, brother, father, husband, gangster, man. That's why they all work.

I'm telling you my experience, whether or not you agree doesn't mean anything. You haven't even finished the series or experienced the emotional & spiritual nirvana of Kennedy & Heidi. So why are you here>

>and it is implied that Tony gets wacked at the end

Saw the first two episodes and it didn't interest me, so your assumption was wrong.

I'll allow that, but the characters and their relationships aren't interesting enough to consume so much of the seasons. That's fine and I wouldn't expect them to, but in addition to characters, you have to have compelling plots, which this show didn't have because of "muh realism," or, "muh slice-of-life."

>You could relate it to Carmela's desire to become more independent, but that wasn't even a focus of her character at that point in the series.
That was her entire focus in Season 4. She was trying to break out commercially with the FORTY GRAND, FROM THE BIRD FEEDER, and emotionally, with Furio. None of these things bring her happiness because she still can't escape Tony, however, and that's why she explodes in the finale.

They don't. I'm putting the focus on Tony but Tony is not the whole show, or anywhere close to it. The entire cast gets time dedicated to them. You're telling me the show has no sizeable lengthy arcs but now you say you don't like that the seasonal adversarial arcs "consume so much", so which is it?

>That was her entire focus in Season 4
So I have to wait three fucking seasons to get a payoff for a minor plot that wasn't even actually addressed? Also, I said "at that point," which is literally true, and I was saying that because I remembered she did eventually try to become independent. This is besides the point. If I wanted, I could find plenty of stories that have no payoff at all and aren't even concluded properly, written in such a way that they could start at almost any time in the series and end at any point in the episode.