Blade

Could he fit in the Marvel "Netflix-verse" or vampires are too much for their steet-level approach?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-r-rated-marvel-movie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I honestly don't think I could deal with a Blade that wasn't Wesley Snipes.

There's already rumors of a Netflix Blade show coming as part of their Phase 2, along with rumors of Moon Knight and Ghost Rider.

Apperently they really want to do Ghost Rider and Blade but are having trouble figuring out how to do their cgi right without going overbudget. The netflix shows have incredibly tiny budgets thanks to Perlmutter being a tightass jew. I imagine between those two, Blade is the more likely of the two to be able to be done with the relatively small budget they get. Ghost Rider seems too reliant on CGI to be doable.

Hopefully all three happen, but as of right now, I think Moon Knight and Blade have a significantly better chance that Ghost Rider.

Good, I've never liked Ghost Rider anyways.

I just remembered that this existed. How was it?

Blade is perfect as it is.

>Ghost Rider seems too reliant on CGI to be doable.

Could ANGR work? His costume seems more "budget friendly".

I couldn't get into it. Fight scenes sucked due to no martial arts talent onset. That was nearly half the appeal of Blade. All the series tried to capitalize on was "he's BLACK!".

I feel like just the cost of the over-the-top racing scenes would make it rough. I really can't think of any examples of really well-done F&F-style racing shows which is kind of what ANGR would have to be.

My dad was in it. Vampire overlord or something.

It's not worth doing a Ghost Rider series if it's Robbie.

>Perlmutter being a tightass jew.
now all I can think of is him buying off brand Halloween vampire teeth instead of using CGI or proper prop teeth to keep it on the cheap

Snipes wants to reprise given the chance.

Better than it had anyright to be after the abomination that was Trinity

You know if they took the premise that "New" Blade series was gonna take with his daughter learning the ropes while Blade had...."Vampire aids" I'd enjoy it.

Isn't that what the bomber vampire had that infected Jubilee? And then she had to get a proper vampire infusion so she wouldn't die?

DD season 2 had zombie ninjas

I liked robbie as a character a lot, I liked the writing, and I liked the satanist-serial killer ghost hook that powers him. But while his story would be fun to tell, especially to casuals watching the show, it would be horrendously expensive.

It's kind of a shame that Disney / Marvel doesn't throw money around for animation in doing strange stories that would generate interest in other mediums, like DC does. Justice League: Gods & Monsters was as off the wall as it gets but it did well and looked good. I'd love to see Robbie in an animation.

Bullshit! he's by far the most compelling and relate-able ghost riders!

Personally think he'd make for the most compelling story.

Me I'd like a supernatural defenders type set if shows. Start with blade then do Reyes ghost rider. Then have Johnny blaze show up as a former rider with his hellfire shotgun. Do a bad ass British Elsa bloodstone series. Combine into rise of th midnight sons. With them all teaming up to take on lillith and her kin.

In one hand I'm happy that Marvel got the rights for GR back, but in the other hand it sucks that Disney won't spent money on a character that they can't sell to kids.

I feel like in a post deadpool comics movie landscape anything might happen.

Snipes is... dificult to work with.

This was made before marvel was bought by disney. There's no way they can make a movie or show as good as blade now

This. We have fucking aliens and zombie ninjas and soon to have magic wizard man and karate dragonwhiteboy and now vampires are too fucking much?

He was in the 94-98 Spider-Man series.

Have you watched the Netflix Marvel shows?

Which is why they need to quit being so stingy with the IP. This appeals to more than the toy aisle in the department store.

Disney has already said that they have no intention of ever making an R-rated Marvel movie, so any chance of any of the more r-rated characters rests solely in the hands of the Netflix side. Which is all fine and good, but Perlmutter is still the person in-charge of marvel Television/the netflix side, and Perlmutter is the jewiest jew in the world.

pure shit

The fights were great. They actually seemed real. As for the race bit, stop projecting, you insipid SJW.

There is no real martial arts talent on sets, you putz. None of those fancy flips actually work.

Best comic book adaptation in live television so far. Sadly suffers from "not muh" because Wesley Snipes isn't in it.

Snipes is a nigger.

Haha OK buddy.

Source? Deadpool might have changed their mind.

Fuck Wesley Snipes, give someone else a chance at the role.

I'm very sorry about DCEU not working out.

They said this AFTER Deadpool. People kept asking them if Deadpool's success meant we'd be getting R-rated Marvel movies down the line and Feige said that Deadpool was great and he was a big fan of it, but Marvel Studios/Disney had zero intention of making any R-rated Marvel movies as they make family movies.

Do it Marvel. Get weird with your properties. Variety is the spice of life after all.

>Not wanting a Netflix series were Ghost Rider fights thugs in the street of Los Angeles

It's practically perfect for their "Street level heroes only pls" take. The only problem would be connecting it to the other shows since he's in Los Angeles.

>slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-r-rated-marvel-movie/

If they wanted to integrate him into the MCU, I'd pull back on the number of vampires. Make theme a rival of hydra. He'd spend most of the time bashing human slave monks with the occasional vampire. I'd maybe boost their combat abilities to cap levels in terms of strength agility etc

Why can't they have Johnny or Dan fighting thugs. They've both done it.

Like who?

The bottom line is that Snipes was outstanding in the role. I have trouble seeing who could possibly do it as well.

no one said anything about DC you stupid shill

They got ninjas, my nigga. They got ninjas.

Honestly Reyes is just more interesting

That'd be perfect though. It'd allow them to experiment a little.

Yeah but they're villains are mostly supernatural were as Robbie's stories was about him dealing with gangsters in his neighborhood and being inexperienced when fighting people with actual powers. Just kinda writes itself

How do they not make Moon Knight MCU's Batman? How do they do another superhero without significant powers? DD is already doing the street level MMA shit.

Boris kodjoe

OK I'll give you that.

We'll just have to see.

Does Blade even have any good reads? I've never seen any of his comics on shelf.

I've only read Robbie in the Ghost Racers mini-series, and while I like him as a character, aesthetically I'd rather they go for a more traditional biker Ghost Rider.

Season 2 of Daredevil went full ninjas. I don't see why not.

None I've read. I mean Iv tried too but really. Just nothing.

I found it odd how Blade hasn't got a "Blade MAX" series yet.

How about making GR kinda like Constantine or Lucifer?

Focus on his supernatural/crazy stuff
>The talking with Khonsu
>Hunting werewolves and other freaky shit
>Split personalities
>Make him extremely violent
>Have the whole Moon phase powers angle

He's definitely different enough to make him more than White Batman. Especially since he's legitimately crazy and not that Hollywood crazy that so many people like to claim Batman is.

There was a Blade/Howard The Duck Battleworlds issue, I remember thinking it was the best.

Have him wear that tux in white. Shit would be cash and memorable since crazy in white tux beats shit out of people.

No he isn't.
The guy has been in over 100 movies, and out side of Blade 3, no one has said he's difficult to work with. There were zero issues in the first 2 blade movies. Snipes got pissed at Goyer for basically writing him out of the last Blade movie. He was a fucking sidekick in his own movie.

I always felt like Snipes was difficult to work with on a shitty Blade movie they he was probably on there for because he was contractually obligated to.

I just don't here stories about him being a pain in the ass to work with a lot It was this movie and whether he opened his eyes or not Ryan Reynolds being a smartass was going to be the only entertaining thing about that movie. And as I understand it the Hannibal role was what made Reynolds aware of Deadpool and I say WORTH IT. Plus probably the early version of the technology that animated Deadpools eyes.

That was the worst part of the season, though. The Castle and Fisk stuff was really good, but everything with Elektra and The Hand was a noticeable step down.

Just get a good actor that knows martial arts (presuming they just don't use Snipes), give him the coat, and focus on the fight scenes, and the show will be good.

Open your eyes, OP, he just doesn't have the look for the MCU.

I just want an outright Ghost Riders legacy show with all of them. Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, Robbie, that Sam Elliott cowboy guy. Four guys with flaming skulls penance gazing the shit out of crime and demons.

Acting like a little bitch on set isn't very professional. He should just do his job and wait a few years to talk shit about the movie like most actors do.

I agree with you. A professional should indeed act like one. Still doesn't mean Goyer wasn't also being a dick.

>too much

The magic ninjas and kung gu ghosts are ok,but vampires are a step to far?

I thought Elektra was kinda shit but the other stuff was cool. They just make the Chaste look like a bunch of punks though.

Michael Jai White

>everything has to be CGI now

You could actually use a skull head and light it on fire.

Yeah. This guy would be a good Blade.

Snipes overcame his deformity as a tiny manlet to make for a terrific pocket Blade. Now, they could just use CGI to Gandalf him up to an acceptable adult size. Snipes Dogg all the way.