Intelligent Explorers

So after watching this mishmash of a film.
Can anyone recommend a Science fiction film where people act like a real expedition would?
>Noting the weird signal in the logs and not diverting from the original plan
>Not Landing mission critical crew on the planel rather than defrosting some redshirts
>Having a proper air lock and medical facility [By the door] on their only landing craft
>Environmental suits, masks and filters
>No going off on their own "I'm just going to clean up"
>Maintaining quarantine
>Being competent with their weapons
>Not trusting random creepy strangers
>Passphrases and id scans to stop imposters
>Not wasting irreplaceable colony equipment on stupid rescue missions.
>Not having your entire "Awake" crew made up of Walters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQH6lvzDKZ4&list=PLDmdF1ma6cZolWiPNpIvcexFfOWP6BwAp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2001 is the only "realistic" SF film

Dave actually acts like a highly trained astronaut & keeps his shit together, only momentarily displaying repressed panic. Excellent performance.

>Having more than 1 dropship
I mean there's that second one but Tennessee stupidly comes down alone with no backup, and for some reason they had to bring the Covenant really low to use it.
The second ship was much larger. Why didn't they send down a team of 20 or 30 colonists for backup.

Martian. Contact

maybe this

Thats the cargo lifter, not rated for deep space so they have to get close.

why don't you like Interstellar?

The martian
>I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this

a tv movie called Europa mission was quite discussed for a while

Almost all of those criticisms are completely invalid.

There are a lot of scientists who are genuinely that autistic, though.

alien (1979)

this was pretty good, I really liked the story and the feels you get near the ending

Prometheus

yeah, this, I'm a scientist and a lot of my friends act like this and I hate it
on some level It does give me comfort that someone that autistic would never be allowed anywhere near a mission like that

Sunshine

They literally divert from their main mission, which would save everyone on earth, to "check out" the previously lost first mission, and fuck everything up. A sensible person would have just done that after completing their mission.

Also Morricone soundtrack. Added a great deal to the feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=tQH6lvzDKZ4&list=PLDmdF1ma6cZolWiPNpIvcexFfOWP6BwAp

Europa report mane

Book smart and street smart are a reality. I know plenty of (relatively) brilliant people who genuinely struggle with simple concepts in situations and contexts they've never experienced. Even walking them through a process multiple times doesn't guarantee it sticks since many of them won't bother to devote any effort to what they deem menial.

go watch a documentary you faggot

The Andromeda Strain

If you watched the movie you'd realise that they have a perfectly logical reason for checking out Icarus I.

>However, there is something on board the Icarus I that may be worth the detour. As you pointed out, Mace, we have a payload to deliver. A payload, singular. Now, everything about the delivery and effectiveness of that payload is entirely theoretical. Simply put, we don't know if it's gonna work. But what we do know is this: if we had two bombs, we'd have two chances.

It's still a retarded thing to risk the whole mission over. plus, once again, they can literally go back after the first one and try again.
>But what we do know is this: if we had two bombs, we'd have two chances.
>two chances
So the new plan wasn't to detonate the 2 bombs at the same time, it was to have another go, but they risk everything and nearly fuck the entire planet.

No they were going to use the bombs at the same time you fucking idiot FUCK OFF

So they'd only have one chance you yeast riddled cunt.

Prometheus made sense though, remember the one guy who had the tomahawk hair? Most space missions are militarily controlled, the tomahawk guy should have been a dead give away but you babies.

What's it trying to say?

It's bullshit. Fuck, dumb 80s action movies were often more realistic about how teams of people in dangerous situations act than some of these soulless modern cash grabs.

His bluster is also a psychological defense mechanism. He creates a tough persona partly as a means to cope with his situation. It makes sense.