Are there regional/state differences among Mexicans in the US (CHI's) like there are in Mexico? If so what are they?

Are there regional/state differences among Mexicans in the US (CHI's) like there are in Mexico? If so what are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/12/02/donald-trump-did-not-win-34-of-latino-vote-in-texas-he-won-much-less/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_Philippines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doubt that, they get sub-sumed in the Latino category I think. Like how asians get a all put together. First generation has strong heritage, the second gets weaker, while the third and fourth would be an amerimutt like any other, separating itself in one of he USA racials/cultural group as the society fits him.

I've heard on here that the ones from Texas are based and Trump supporters and the ones from California are not.

CHI's are into american culture,and MUH heritage

Hispanics in the SW are typically Mexican/Central American, those in Florida tend to be Cuban, and in New York they tend to be Puerto Rican.

the mexicans in new york are from puertorico
and most of the mexicans in florida are from cuba

haitians are somewhere too

I live in SoCal and most of these first gen beaners look like literal indios. My gf is like a quarter indio but looks white.

A castiza? Some times they get the better of the indio blood (the ass and tits) while getting all the rest of they iberian blood line (very cute).

Spanish women are ugly and plain.
I bet your gf looks like this

The ones in Texas are the reason why that state is getting bluer every year. Don't let the Sup Forums mutts fool you

Tejanos wear cowboy hats. Californian CHIs are cholos.

why are there so few mexicans in the south?

It's poor

you arnt the only hispanics we let in

False, the 2016 election did not see a significant change in the proportion of Hispanics that would explain Hillary getting 43% of the vote (Obama only got 42%). All evidence points to it being Asians, who increased their turnout more substantially, who primarily gave their votes to Clinton and helped her increase her margins along with a larger turnout of white Californian-originated liberals in places such as Austin.

The Hispanics were irrelevant in Texas.

Where I live in Massachusetts Mexicans are rare, but Puerto Ricans are everywhere. I'm just glad no culture survives Americas assimilation process. In 30 years hispanic will be the new white, like how sicilians weren't white but now they are. God bless.

isn't it well-off compared to mexico?

its poor, the rednecks and former slaves are willing to work for a lower wage than most immigrants
like said

I know but I was asking about Mexicans not all Hispanics, but since we're talking about that, what do people think of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans?

Yes, but why would you go out of your way to go the poorest (aka the closest to whatever place you escape from) parts of the country you immigrated to? Do immigrants in Denmark go settle in the bumpkin areas of the country?

Why are Hispanics such bad voters? Also, do you have poll data from Texas

I've never met any Dominicans, but Peurto Ricans are pretty based. I've had a few Peurto Ricans friends. I feel really bad for them, though, because most Americans are retarded and think Peurto Ricans aren't Americans. I've heard people ask one of my buddies "When did you move to America" and he's like "I'm FROM America you retard"

>regional/state differences
euros told me those don't exist

Cubans are conservative as fuck (probably the ones who tip the scales in florida to trump)

Puerto ricans mostly came over in ther 60's and 70's (we will see in the 2020 census if more came over after the huricane) and are liberal as shit, think jfk is the best leader ever in the world

Dominicans are like richer puerto ricans I think, idk never met one

Where is that graphic from?

puertoricans are average liberals, ok, wonder why they arnt a state
cubans are based as fuck

voter preferences for various hispanic ethnicities, demacratic party vs republican (guess which color is which)

what about CHIcago? illegal mexinadians?

Didn't know Cubans had such an influence on the overall Hispanic vote, guess they turn our more for the vote

Texan CHIs act more white and try to hide their Mexican heritage.
Cali CHIs still support Chivas and are usually proud of their heritage.

mexicans

fourth biggest hispanic group in florida

spanish does not equal mexican unless yuou are west of the mississippi

they arnt scared of getting deported whenever they vote
they have a higher turnout rate than white people

>I've heard on here that the ones from Texas are based and Trump supporters and the ones from California are not.
I think you confused TejaƱos and wetbacks.

Hispanics are bad voters because so many of them aren't citizens and thus can't vote.

Also, hispanic culture in the US has been co-opted by the labor politics of the migrant farm workers on the west coast, so hispanics who don't fit into that mold (of which there are increasing numbers) simply don't vote because they're not pandered to.

There's some good literature on the culture clash in the United States between old-guard Tejanos and the migrant laborers who came in during the mid-to-late 20th century.

>Mexican origin
>42.2
Tragic. What would happen if Mexican actually bothered to vote?

>Dominicans are like richer puerto ricans I think, idk never met one
I thought Dominicans were thought of as "hood"
Many Americans have told me that Republicans would never allow PR to become a state cause it would be Democratic-voting one.

I'm about to leave so I can't dig it up for you, but if you look at stats like growth ratesin home ownership, rural/urban divide, and even recent Republican candidate platforms (like Jeb! and Marco Rubio), there's a pretty strong conservative/pro-business streak growing in the Hispanic community.

So the answer is that their voting patterns will be largely indistinguishable from non-hispanic whites in a generation or so.

40% of mexican americans vote
80% of cuban americans vote
so yes, if the two groups were the same size, cubans would be twice as influential in our government
but mexicans outnumber them overall so its a moot point

not much, they probably flipped nevada during 2016

As an addendum, Trump enjoyed the most support among hispanic voters of any recent Republican candidate - about 1/3rd of hispanic voters want to MAGA.

washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/12/02/donald-trump-did-not-win-34-of-latino-vote-in-texas-he-won-much-less/

>spaniards are considered hispanic

what

Cant make this shit up lads
Pic related is swedish ancestry. Hmm the most swedish state attracts Somali immigrants
Really activating my almonds

duh, they are the original hispanics (if you dont count portugal)

who will be our next problem immigrant?

It's just a technicality, we know Spaniards aren't Latinos.
Yes, they are the original Hispanics but in actual everyday use Hispanic just means Latin American.

MAGA?

Why has it declined so much since 2000?

Hispanic also includes the Philipines.

No, it doesn't

Yes, it does, because it is related to Spain.

Combination 9/11 and other countries becoming richer. In the late 1990s there was a huge economic crash in Asia, but by the 2000s the economies were growing again which explains the decline in the Asia portion of the graph. Central and south american countries also became wealthier and more stable over this time period.

speak philipeno, not spanish, so not hispanic

also asians

obama has been very harsh on immigrants
its hilarious that demecrats get mad at trumps country ban when it was an act made up for obama to hand off to his successor, if hilliary had won she would have enacted the same travel bans with no media uproar

more anchor families being deported in the late 90's, so less people with ties to the usa, so less immigrants classified as legal

You don't need to speak Spanish to be hispanic.
The term hispanic is old, and when it was first used it included many peoples of Spain that didn't speak Spanish as their first language, therefore speaking Spanish, or Castillian, is not a requisite to be considered Hispanic.

>also asians
What does that mean?
Asians can't be hispanic why?

Filipinos don't think of themselves as Hispanics

I've met some Filipinos that did consider themselves hispanic.

Yeah, well you met some snowflakes just like the fags here that think they're Spanish or some shit. Make a thread asking Filipinos if they actually do that.

What similar culture do they have comparing to Spain?

CHIs are everywhere in this country but since they do a lot of invisible labor jobs and they aren't huge in the pop culture they get ignored.

The only lasting end result of the "Trump thing" will be formally accepting them into the american social fabric

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_Philippines

>The only lasting end result of the "Trump thing" will be formally accepting them into the american social fabric
Elaborate

How common are these phenotypes in Mexico?

Mexicans in New York/East coast tend to be fully amerindian since they all come from like one state in the south(Puebla).

While in the southwest you get everything from dark skinned Indians, white/castizos, kebab looking ones, even some that can pass as pardo/mulatto. That's because people from all parts of Mexico immigrate here.

come to california

very common, around 30-50%

bump