THIS EPISODE FUCKING SUCKS

THIS EPISODE FUCKING SUCKS.
I like to remember the times when steven actually had to fucking DEVELOP POWERS, but now he's just like "hurr durr ill just become a fucking MELON whenever the FUCK I want after 1 time of trying it out"

This is the laziest development and plot writing i've seen in a show in a long time, and i've seen teen titans go. The show's only appeal is the music (which is starting to go down as well) and the backgrounds (fucking marvelous)

also yeah let's realize these fucking MELONS took down a fucking IMMORTAL GEM, TRAINED FROM THOUSANDS OF BATTLES

I know i'm an episode behind from the current but jesus FUCK this is pissing me off

what do you guys think about the recent steven universe episodes?

I think such a blatant bait OP is kind of unnecessary t b h,

Well, he could enter minds through sleep since Chille Tid
I'm just surprised Jasper [spoilers]died [/spoilers]

I don't remember much from chille tid, but I don't know if he could instantly control a fucking melon and it's colony.

I think your autism is off the charts

Fucking chill you spaz

Gem Drill was fucking worse. I expected them to destroy the Cluster but noooo, Steven was somehow able to talk to it and they bubbled themselves. Fucking hell. This show is getting worse with each episode

>I HATE THAT THE SHOW IS DOUBLING DOWN ON THE VALUES THAT IT HAS SPENT ITS RUNTIME ESTABLISHING

I liked both episodes.

That fight was great tho

More like I hate anticlimaxes.

Better than being stuck in a hiatus.

Imagine if you were in this giant collective consciousness of dead ghosts, some of them your friends, some your enemies. All you know is constant pain and an empty feeling that is insatiable. You hate existence and wish for this pain to end. With what little processing power you have left one primal urge screams out inside you and all the others around you. BECOME COMPLETE AGAIN, LIVE, FORM, ETC. It's this horrid drive that overtakes your entire being, fueled by the livid instincts of the millions of waning flames of humanity that make up your being. Then some boy shows up. He is able to share your pain. He genuinely cares for your well being. For everyone's. He may not be able to do much, but he gives you hope that there's another answer. In his panic he bubbles some of you, thus reminding you that bubbled gems are subdued. They don't have to endure this aching feeling of growth. So with your last efforts before all hell breaks loose, everyone and everything that makes up the Cluster begins bubbling each other. You're free now. The urges are gone. You've no need to form anymore since you finally feel at ease with yourself. This is just some of what that episode was trying to convey, and I feel it did an amazing job at it. I love this show so damn much.

Steven has been shown to have dream telepathy before in Chille Tid. Plus the Steven Melons are his creation. It's not a far fetched guess to say that Rose could control the plants she grew, since she did use them as servants/warriors, so why can't Steven? I'd if you were upset over Steven mind controlling Lars or something, but nah. He was just controlling something he made himself, something that's arguably a part of him even.

So now the cluster is solved for now whats the main plot gonna be until some asshole pops the bubble?

Well jasper isn't' dead and if you think she is you're a moron. Gems can't drown. Also Yellow Diamond.

But no the short term plot is going to be Lapis being a bitch.

So you expected a ending where they just destroy and then Steven and Peridot proced to high five jump each other and then the camera freezes?

But Yellow Diamond is busy with HW shits, earth going boom boom was just another side project..

my only real issue with plot development is how ridiculously rushed it feels. They just wrapped up half a season's worth of rising action with a 5 minute conclusion, it's like it didn't even happen.

Too bad it was spoiled months ago.

Stop trying to overly explain basic shit like it's your LiveJournal. Making things sound edgier than they are doesn't mean the episode wasn't shit.

I feel like the cluster arc would have had perfect pacing if we watched it week by week AND if during all the filler/barn episodes there would be some earthquakes and tremors. Just small things to remind us that its there. I think the reason it feels so rushed is because it went from barn happy stuff to BAM WE'RE ALL DEAD SHIT GO GO GO GO in one episode. There's no sense of urgency in the arc until the end.

Welcome to the problem of 10 minute shows.

See also: Adventure time.

Guys the cluster is still there. All Steven did was put a cork in the Cluster for now. It'll come back.

AT isnt meant to have a coherent plot its an episodic series.

What is season 6 then?

Damn, this first episode of the season was so anticlimactic!

Bothered the hell outta me cause Steven's attitude throughout the series was always "I WANT TO COME TO" to this sudden episode shift of "OH NO IM SCARED. THIS IS A BAD IDEA. OH NO!"

Well I mean, it's not like peridot went from 100% villian to dtf in an episode, or any plot arcs for that matter, but now the biggest one to date gets settled in HALF an episode. Not to mention the whole malachite thing gets settled in 2 minutes before that.

I will admit the trope of "Things are incompetent or peace-loving becoming a supreme fighting force capable of taking down something that should by all rational thinking destroy them without a moment's notice" is a bit of a dump, but I enjoyed the episode.

Kinda don't like how the entire World Ending MegaPlot event was resolved with "lets just be friends" though... Sort of a let down.

>Rose had plant manipulation
>Even to the point of possibly making a lion out of ragweed
>Steven can do it too
>This is somehow unaceptable

Weve seen steven dwelve into astral projection before. We have also learned that rose had the power to control plants. You dont need an episode dedicated to explaining his ability to take control of a watermelon.

Malachite is not immortal. The watermelons acted as a distrsctor while alexandrite finished her off.

I lie how you could have posted this on sug but then you new wouldnt be able to be an attention whore.

They were putting to much pressure on him. God im starting to think co is legitimatly autsitc if they cant comprhend basic emotions.

The cluster wasn't the world ending plot, Yellow Diamond is. This is all to set up Yellow Diamond.

Malachite's done though and nicely so.

>I'm retarded: the post

Dude, he talked about collective consciousness into a kind of suicide.
He is basically mercy killing a planet-buster weapon here.
What was he supposed to do?
Fight this megaton piece of rock that floods his mind with pain?
In any case, he only suspended the apocalypse for now.

Do people like you even watch the fucking show? Christ.

>Creation of sentient life on this scale is unacceptable!
>my mom did it
>Yeah, but we'd cut our hands off and eat them if Rose asked us to. We aint there yet with you

An abortion since they didn't have Sugar to keep their fucking shit straight.

>I feel it did an amazing job at it.
meh.
I think my biggest beef with this resolution was the lack of singing. Every major conflict in the series was resolved with a musical number except for this one. Where's my Stronger Than You? Where's my Peace and Love on the Planet Earth? Where's my Strong in the Real Way??

OP is autistic but it is kind of dumb how the quickly it was handled.

He becomes a watermelon Steven on accident just in time?

>implying it's actually resolved

They're obviously saving all the singing and crying for Lapis! R-right?

While I dont agree with you about the episode, it is getting pretty annoying that they arent explaining it AT ALL.
If your gonna imply that steven has some latent psionic abilities, you should at least hint at the source. I may have to rewatch a few of the human episodes, but Im pretty damn sure no human in the show has ever done anything awesome or "had this feeling" that became important.

I know the crew loves to beat around the bush, but holy shit these powers are completely baseless.

also all those melons died,they need to ask if they are disposable or as good as people.the fact they are like some rich guys pet savage tribe is iffy enough but they simultaneously want us to feel bad for baby melons while being all meh about dead warrior melons

>THE VALUES
it called being delusional.There are some values that don't hold up when confronted with the real world.people mock shonen shits for constantly trying to friend it out so don't expect them to go easy on steven. everyone hates this YA shit where protagonist bits off more then they can chew but wins just because.

Honestly this is Cartoon Networks fault more than anything. They literally split off the two episodes that wrapped up a season long arc and called it the beginning of Season 3. I liked the episodes but it was jarring expecting a funny digression into Watermelon world to open the season and then having the climax to the last arc almost out of nowhere. Fuck Cartoon Network.

this
nah even than they build up the cluster for more than 5 episodes

Eh, it just seemed like a bit of a bummer for the build up. Though I'm calling right now that the penultimate showdown with Yellow Diamond is going to go down in one of two ways...

> 1: Yellow Diamond falls down the hole Steven and Peridot just drilled and is sucked into the cluster with all its little grabby hands

> 2: The Cluster somehow forms into a single gem consciousness and reforms into a being roughly the size of a regular gem SOMEHOW DON'T ASK QUESTIONS and then punches Yellow Diamond or something

You just don't throw away a plot hook like that.

Also, I have to say, the sentence "talked a collective consciousness into a kind of suicide" is pretty metal when you put it that way.

more annoying since it was just a device to keep gems away from the cluster

option B.
Yellow diamond brings an army, The Cluster is reformed into individuals and fusions to fight that army.They start fighting but steven will go all "oh the horror" and stop them

This. Steven felt bad that they killed a baby on accident when they were savages and then he sent them all into a battle a lot would die in when they had started families.

Did I miss an episode? When did that happen?

But at least we have a higher possibly of more Steveonnie?

I'd like option B, but only if Steven doesn't try to stop them and if the Cluster reforms into an army of singular gems

Pfft, if you look closely at their Watermelon Civilization you'll see that it's founded on really iffy values. They have these baby melon statues, that was the melon that sacrificed itself to stop all the fighting back in season 1. Plus they had this ritual where they were sacrificing themselves to Malachite a la baby melon, even in the same pose as him. This civilization was founded on 'watermelon' sacrifice, it's what Steven taught them. So I'm sure they were all chill with going off to fight and die.

Latter half of Gem Drill, the newest one.

WTF is watermelon steven supposed to even be able to do? Burst if you punch him? Turning into a watermelon in a fight sounds like a MASSIVE liability: you're more fragile, and even physically weaker than the little butterball already is. They should just scrap that shit and have him work on his quartz shield and maybe let him form quartz weapons. I haven't watched a LOT of this show, mind you, because it just feels aimless, and now it just sounds stupid.

The second episode that aired last night. You know, when Steven bubbles the cluster, the thing everyone is talking about in this thread.

Why wouldn't he, he created them.

>I will admit the trope of "Things are incompetent or peace-loving becoming a supreme fighting force capable of taking down something that should by all rational thinking destroy them without a moment's notice" is a bit of a dump
What you mean the watermelons?

Because it's heavily suggested they're meant to be soldiers by design.

>everyone hates this YA shit where protagonist bits off more then they can chew but wins just because.

I doesn't look like they do.

>WTF is watermelon steven supposed to even be able to do?
You didn't watch the episode, right?

travel long distances for intel or command watermelon armies from afar.

This is still my favorite reference a show has ever done.

Rose using her plants and dream projection powers in tandem for gathering intel sounds super cool and I totally bet it was used in the rebellion.

>Steven doesn't try to stop them
that would be against his personality, at best he will be stuck elsewhere and only come in the end to make a speech about how they are all the same and have suffered enough.
>Cluster reforms into an army of singular gems
by fusion I mean garnet type fusion. like small shards will turn into individuals because they talked and found out they were originally one but still not having enough for a full body they fuse with someone in the same situation.it would also be like an "in your face" heresy for them to match homeworld.

Ah, it seems my DVR only recorded the first episode, the watermelon one. Shoot.

>urning into a watermelon in a fight sounds like a MASSIVE liability
he did not turn into a watermelon, he possessed the watermelon. have you never played dungeon keeper or mass effect 2?

I just realised that Homeworld's plan is pretty much a rehash of the Thanagarian plot in the JL cartoon.

kat has low quality version of it.

>Mass Effect 2
>ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Best game in the series bar none. Best story, best gameplay, best crew, it's just great.

Right.
Nope.

Well shit, sorry for spoiling it then, man.

>Nope.
well you being inattentive and not as worldly as us has nothing to do with shows quality/logic

>implying jasper falling into the mantle of earth isnt the hook

Shes gonna break it out, mark my words.

>quartz shield and maybe let him form quartz weapons
he has a sword and a body guard.+he did work on his shield skills and they work a lot more now.

No biggie, just saw it online. That was kinda cool.

...Bump

>More Peridot....

>"I love you peridot"

I'm conflicted, does that mean that peridot and steven are confirmed for rose and greg 2.0?

No you idiot.

Steven loves everyone, you retard.

Don't listen to the fags, user. Stevendot is endgame.

How old do you figure Peridot is in gem years

I gotta say, that random Melon power rubbed me the wrong way as well, I mean, the show has always been successful at establishing powers for later use, but that one right there effectively came out of nowhere just to have a plot device where Steven could be at both places, plus the whole idea of the melon army actually managing to take down Machalite was, while cute, extremely ridiculous and very cop-out-is.

Overall that's what the episode felt, a cop-out to be done with the Machalite arc (which frankly felt like it went nowhere, give the anti-climatic ending).

Now, Gem drill, that's a whole different can of worms, the resolution was very Steven-like, and I loved every second of Peridot, but man if it also felt so anti-climatic, after all this time of building up the cluster and bam, it got bubbled and that was it.

Jesus these two episodes felt like watching Adventure Time, and that's never a good sight...

>tell a friend you love them the moment before you genuinely believe you're both about to die
>OMG does this mean they're going to fuck?!

Eh, the Steven watermelon stuff didn't bother me, we already knew both Steven and Rose could control vegetation, and Steven had shown some sort of psychic/whatever ability when dreaming in Chille Tid. The watermelons didn't even really do a whole lot to Malachite, they just caused enough of a distraction for Alexandrite to do get an upper hand.

As for the Cluster, I don't think that was ever going to get resolved in a manner that would seem satisfying to a lot of people. You couldn't outright fight it since if it even formed it would mean the entire Earth was destroyed, so it was always going to be a giant clump of gem shards. Aside from the kind of peaceful resolution that we got, the only other option would have been to just drill into it until it died, which wouldn't have really been satisfying at all.

ay where the mega link at

Where's Madrista when you need him

Just search Madridista in desu.

Peridot and Lapis will be there for when Connie dies of old age and Steven goes back to being whatever age he chooses.
It is like how Bat will always be endgame regardless of dating Crab.

Who/Why the fuck would make a statue of a naked man beating up babies?

>No dick.

Fucking dropped.

lolno.

Look, I like dorito as much as the next guy, but there's no pulling out of steven x connie. and if they did it'd have to be over the course of several seasons not to be asspull as fuck.

As much as I want to see a Peridot and Steven fusion, Stevonnie is too hot to give up.

Or people can just ship it, whatever. It is not like any relationship with Steven is ever going to go far in the format of the show.

Like with AT.

>IMMORTAL GEM
You do realize that Gems aren't immortal right? They can die just like any other being, hell, that's the main reason the Cluster and Gem Fusions exist in the first place.

Yellow Diamond will be the main plot focus now, she's already sending a fleet of Gems to come and get Peridot and Jasper and to destroy the Crystal Gems, and considering the fact Peridot deliberately called her a clod to her face you better believe she's angry as hell right now and would shatter her in a heartbeat upon seeing her.

They don't die of natural causes. They have to be shattered to die. Or fuck a human I guess.

Actually I think Sugar said that Rose dying had been voluntary and not biologically necessary. She wanted to pass her gem powers to a hybrid.

What a fucking stupid selfish cunt.

Bloody yeah, it should!

It's called art.

The whole "lion might be a plant" thing makes no sense, I cant believe people actually think thats a thing.

And that doesnt explain his psychic connection with both lapis and the cluster, or how he 'blink' shut off that tv.

>visit Sup Forums for the first time in months
>first thread is a Tumblr cartoon thread