The VVitch

Watched this last night and would like to know what Sup Forums thinks of it, i.e. is it reddit or not or is it cucked? And then when all those mongoloids have run out of steam we can discuss the film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irv3SN2E9nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was particularly impressed with her accent. Was very shocked when I found out she was American as she sounds like she could be on Corrie.

It's fucking impeccable m8, regardless of what any online community says about it

It's shit

ending was really fucking weird and out there though. It took a very different turn to what I was expecting. (I was expecting a 10 minute showdown with the witch or something but nope). Goat thing freaked me the fuck out.

>i watched it but need Sup Forums's opinion so i know how to think about it properly

fucking pathetic.

its not reddit because its not a website, its not cucked because you cant cuck a work of art (excluding performance art but is that really art i dont think so)

which part of the 90's were you born in?

Really good. Can't wait to see what the guy does with Nosferatu.

I loved it desu. Ambiguity is overrated as hell these days, it's nice to have a movie tell a stellar story, start to finish, without any missing pieces.

looks like the pleb filter is still working as expected

early

Yeah, I agree, I did enjoy the direction it went in but it was just so bizarre. It was like a plot twist that wasn't a plot twist - we were actually watching the escape of a pilgrim girl from her religious family yet the whole film was framed as a typical "monster stalking/haunting" film. And what was actually going on was ambiguous. Was the goat actually talking to the twins? Were they actually in with the witch?

I think I really hate you user.

/redditpol/ please go, I just want to have a discussion about films and tv for once

>/redditpol/
you're an annoying youngfag, try watching the movie again.

I'm almost 25, if you're old enough to think that is "young" you should not be browsing Sup Forums. Seriously, what the fuck are you doing with your life?

Fantastic pleb-filter and an objectively great piece of cinema, you have taste user.

I browse Sup Forums after work like I have for years now, guys like you are so annoying because you're in your 20's but still like teenagers. maybe you belong on reddit?

I really liked the atmosphere the film created. I think there was only one point where there was a loud-noise-"DUUUUUM" jump scare and most of the scares came from great sound design and the music. I also like the use of lighting that, in a tasteful way, meant we never really saw the Witch or the Devil.

You'd expect it to end with her being falsely accused or something and burning at the stake with an ending that then suggests that perhaps she wasn't innocent after all.

However this one is so much better because it involves the actual mythology in the old ways instead of having them cast spells with light effects or curses. You don't see the flying naked old women thing often which is why it is interesting because you start wondering about the mythology and look shit up.

Yeah true, I was expecting a twist of either she was the witch or the witch transformed to look like her and got the father to throw her in the shed with the twins, or that she ran to the plantation and was accused. The decision to go talk to the goat and sign a deal with the devil caught me completely off guard. I honestly thought the whole goat thing was a red herring.

>was the goat talking to the twins
They knew his name and seemed to be acting strangely and kind of disturbed for most of the movie. Some of this could be put down to their brother vanishing and generally stressful circumstances but I think that they almost certainly were speaking to Black Phillip.

>Were they in with the witch?
I doubt this. I think that Phillip was just fucking with them as a prelude to his big play. At the end they seem just as terrified and confused as ayylmao girl.

VVatched*

Sup Forums loves it

And it has basically flawless execution in all of the filmmaking elements, cinematography, soundtrack, sound design, production design ( that especially), editing, performances, costume design etc
You can only not like the written narrative and that just means that you probably wouldn't enjoy New England folktales because the script is exactly that.

I liked this explanation. Skip to the third explanation in the video to skip the obvious ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=irv3SN2E9nI