>Says his favorite director is Woody Allen
>Ask what his favorite Woody Allen movie is
>He says Midnight in Paris

>Girl is film major
>Says her favorite director is Wes Anderson
>Ask which is her favorite
>She says she's only seen Moonrise Kingdom

I'm scared for the next generation.

What school do you go to? Do they actually have a shot of ever making it?

I mean, they are there to learn about film so who cares if they're green?

Why do girls pretend to enjoy the films of Wes Anderson?

What's wrong with Midnight in Paris?

It is natural for a feeling of mere indifference to exist between men, but between women it is actual enmity. This is due perhaps to the fact that odium figulinum in the case of men, is limited to their everyday affairs, but with women embraces the whole sex; since they have only one kind of business. And it is quite evident when two women first make each other’s acquaintance that they exhibit more constraint and dissimulation than two men placed in similar circumstances. This is why an exchange of compliments between two women is much more ridiculous than between two men. Further, while a man will, as a rule, address others, even those inferior to himself, with a certain feeling of consideration and humanity, it is unbearable to see how proudly and disdainfully a lady of rank will, for the most part, behave towards one who is in a lower rank (not employed in her service) when she speaks to her. This may be because differences of rank are much more precarious with women than with us, and consequently more quickly change their line of conduct and elevate them, or because while a hundred things must be weighed in our case, there is only one to be weighed in theirs, namely, with which man they have found favour; and again, because of the one-sided nature of their vocation they stand in closer relationship to each other than men do; and so it is they try to render prominent the differences of rank.

It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex; for the entire beauty of the sex is based on this instinct. One would be more justified in calling them the unaesthetic sex than the beautiful. Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing.

This makes them incapable of taking a purely objective interest in anything, and the reason for it is, I fancy, as follows. A man strives to get direct mastery over things either by understanding them or by compulsion. But a woman is always and everywhere driven to indirect mastery, namely through a man; all her direct mastery being limited to him alone. Therefore it lies in woman’s nature to look upon everything only as a means for winning man, and her interest in anything else is always a simulated one, a mere roundabout way to gain her ends, consisting of coquetry and pretence. Every one who can see through a sham must have found this to be the case. One need only watch the way they behave at a concert, the opera, or the play; the childish simplicity, for instance, with which they keep on chattering during the finest passages in the greatest masterpieces.

>Sup Forums says they like Stanley Kubrick
>claim Eyes Wide Shut is their favorite

I mean, Midnight in Paris is one of the better examples of Woody's recent work.

>film major

>someone asks what my favorite film is
>give bullshit normie answer to not seem like a pretentious freak
Anyone else do this?

Moonrise Kingdom really is Anderson's best movie, though.

I did't like it. To be fair though, I only like Woody Allen when he's in full-on slapstick comedy mode, like Sleeper, Take the Money and Run, Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, etc. I don't get much out of his films about urban intellectuals pontificating about their favorite authors and cheating on each other.

Not really because I don't want to seem like a pretentious freak, just because I'm too lazy to explain what it's about when someone's inevitably gonna ask.

but it exposes le jews

Really? It was the only film I've seen from Wes that I didn't like.

It's hard to pick a favorite, I usually just say the last thing I watched that I really like.

Paths of Glory is his best film if we're being unironic.

While it had some anyone characters in it, the movie was more about nostalgia than trying to impress the audience with portrayals of old authors/artists or urban life. The way they come off probably has something to do with how nostalgia is never grounded in reality.
I don't know, I don't think its LE REDDIT movie or whatever just because its popular.

Its not as good as annie hall

naw. People appreciate authenticity man. Just do you.

Fantastic mr fox

I prefer Manhattan to Annie Hall.

I can't be the only one right

what are you doing on this board with a valid, supportable opinion?

A friend of mine is studying acting. He's favorite actor is Jim Carrey.

Not a bad movie 2bh, it is very corny though

Woody Allen movies suck dick anyway

This.

Only normie answer I ever sometimes give is The Godfather but, it's not my favorite. I usually cycle between the same 4 films.

I would say Strangelove or Barry Lyndon but, Paths is a good choice as well.