ITT:

ITT:

Sup Forums characters that if they didn't job would be legitimately scary/powerful and an explanation if needed

I'll start:

Spot
>could totally just carry a knife instead of punching people and stab them from a million angles
>could just shut portals around people's limbs to severe them
>drop them from serious heights to kill them
>go full portal and build up serious momentum to the point where when you finally close a portal they go splat against the ground.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spider-Man himself could probably be one of the greatest assassins in the world if he wanted to be. And probably a Doom-lite Supervillain.

you reckon he's smart enough/could get the resources to be doom lite?

Livewire

What about Livewire, you over baked potato skin?

I've seen her around Sup Forums and she's obviously from some bruce timm cartoon (probs batman extended animated series)

What are her powers exactly/how would she be a legit threat?

Spider-Man's got plenty of villains like that, like Schizoid Man and that pyrokinetic guy.

I mean, I don't see him becoming the ruler of a sovereign nation, but a Peter Parker/Spider-Man without scruples would probably have plenty of ways to raise funds, and the intellect to put them to good use.

I really believe villains shouldn't count as "jobbers", they're villains in a fictional setting, they're going to lose eventually.

I guess if spOck can create a bunch of helper drones and shit peter could do the same. I mean if you look at his current run he seems to be plenty capable of running a company and making bux.

>tfw evil spiderman creates his own spiderslayers to wreck everyone else.

She is living energy . Her powers are Electricity and magnetism .

ANYONE with superhuman attributes would be legitimately scary / powerful if they didn't job as required when dealing with 'human with training' characters

here's a dude that can lift a truck over their head. i don't care how good you are at kung-fu or boxing. your punches aren't going to do anything against a physique that can do that

whilst I agree, I'm referring to villains whose losses are fascicle, especially given the potential or advancedness of their powers

I'm sorry to inform you that being strong doesn't mean you can take a punch. Body builder or not, if someone swings a 20 kilo barbel at you and it connects, it'll fuck you up fiercely.

If you had the martial prowess to block it yourself, possibly, but even so super strength \=\ super durability.

>intelligent
>unhinged and sociopathic
>superhumanly strong, fast and durable
>has healing factor and his goblin armor is bulletproof, so he'd be hard to kill unless you have some big guns
>enough gadgets to rival Batman

He's hard to take seriously because he always loses and was a bitch in Dark Reign, but the idea that he could exist in a world where he's the only one with superpowers is terrifying. He's pretty much a slasher movie villain.

>he's pretty much a slasher movie villain
fuck, that is actually so on point dude.

I don't think he was a total bitch in dark reign, I mean he DID take over SHIELD and fight asgard which is pretty impressive in itself.

I don't think it's really osborne's powers that make him scary, it's his fucking psychotic mentality combined with a pretty formidable set of smarts/resources.

>can see the weakness in everything
He kicked his way out of the after life

What's the origin/etymology of "job"? I get what it means, but I don't get why.

He can manipulate people's emotions, blind them, induce nausea and exhaustion, rendered himself invisible, heat things up like a microwave, has made things explode, used his beams like a laser, and more. He could do all kinds of terrifying shit.

Huh, that's interesting, but I was thinking, his skillset and powers are more fit to restraining opponents, rather than straight up hurting or killing them. How would you modify that to make hima a more offense-heavy character?

Besides guns, I mean.

It's a wrestling term I believe.

>>intelligent
>>unhinged and sociopathic
Wicked sense of humor included?

>controls and is comprised of electricity, the lifeblood of modern civilization
Damn I have no clue what could be so dangerous about her.

Oh yeah, and of course I should have mentioned the solid light constructs he can ride on. It'd be interesting if he could use them as hard light objects too.

Couldn't you just kill him with radiation or anything from range. He can only see the flaws assuming he doesn't have freaky inhuman eyes despite not being exposed to the mists.

I would love to see someone do that.

Apocalypse should be able to live up to his name, even without celestial tech. The ability to alter your own molecular structure should give you immunity to everything and to the extent of his own knowledge, every power. He should be Thanos tier.

if you have super strength but not super-durability, you'd just tear yourself apart trying to use your muscles

Pro Wrestling term for a wrestler losing (ie 'doing the job')

Jobbing comes from wrestling. You jobbed when you lost a match, specifically in a way to make the winner look good. People use it negatively (and obvious jobbing can be hard to watch) but jobbing was an important part of the business; it was considered a big deal to have the knack for making another wrestler look awesome.

He's used weaponized webbing before. Incendiary, acidic, even sonic. Plus he's really fucking strong. He pulls his punches 90% of the time to avoid fucking people up or just outright killing them.

>not posting the edit

fuck you

Wrestling term. I might be wrong but if I remember right it's just kind of short for "doing your job" which is to go out there and make another wrestler look good by getting wailed on

INSULATION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. PART OF HER FACE IS EXPOSED. FUCK.

idk man, when he went up against kraven's family he fucked them up pretty good, tore off one chick's face.

He also told kingpin in civil war he'd shoot web down his throat, into his lungs and then it would expand and he's die horribly.

And in spiderverse where there is assassin spidey who uses guns.

It's only really his web that is for restraint (and I'm sure he could just make some kind of razor/poison web), otherwise he has precognitive senses, super strength, wall climbing ability, super intel and is stealthy AF.

He'd be a damn good assassin I reckon.

Please don't post dumb pages.

Man that's fair, Karnak can see the weak point, but he has to use skill to hit it.

this

from what i've seen he has tons of skill, just lacks the speed to act upon it. even though if he sees the flaw in everything wouldn't he predict the knee to the face?

Maybe.

we're not talking about 'normal' weights here, but thousands of pounds
normal bones and tissue isn't going to allow you to support that amount of weight
if your super strength is physical you have to also be super though

durability aside, that relatively minor inhuman strength is also going to allow you to literally tear a basic human apart

strength is fucking scary. period. and writers often overlook it. if you don't think it is look at the damage a chimpanzee (high human tier) or gorilla (human +) can deliver

Shit he'd probably be a better Batman than Bruce.

Jesus Christ that fucking art.

Can he see the flaw in his own plans?

Anyway what I mean is Karnak IS super skilled, but so is T'Challa who pointed out that fighting him is more than seeing where he's breakable.

Its okay for him to lose a fight once in a while, and the most logical way is "a cheap shot that takes him out before he can break something important on you."

Did Waid's run on Daredevil not already prove that Spot could be terrifying? Disconnecting peoples' heads from their bodies and selling their bodies into slavery while keeping their still living heads locked in a closet was so fucked up. Imagine being completely aware that your body is being used to toil a field or being used by some asshole in his sex harem and being able to feel everything, but never have any hope of escape because you're just a fucking head in a cupboard surrounded by other heads. I know people give Waid's run a lot of crap for being relatively light-hearted, but that arc was so god damn disturbing.

Anyone happen to have the page where Spidey is stalking Chameleon in a dark house?

>you sick clown!
Ha.

There were a LOT of fucked up scenarios in Waid's Daredevil, it just rained less and Matt was in a manic mood most of the run.

But her feet are also insulated so she isn't grounded. Therefore she's immune to electric attacks.

>brags about being able to see weak points
>just the fucking joints and groin are highlighted
Wow I never would have thought to go for those unless I had some kind of weak point detection power.

Composite Superman should be THE scariest villain.

He's the Legion of Superheroes, in one body, and evil.
Three Giant Intangible Telepathic Supergenius Evil Supermans able to shrink to subatomic size, change matter from one element to another at will, control electricity and magnetism, no limits shapeshifting.

>Can cut a bullet in half
>Can't even touch BP
>Can't dodge a knee

Bullshit.

Well technically that wasn't Spot, that was Coyote.
Spot turning into a fucking Many-Angled One was pretty freaky.

she's not going to die but she can't stand there and take a lightning bolt like its a fucking pokemon game, her hair and skin would burn.

Oh yeah the man is built for assaniation

That's true, I mean you see a lot of professional fighters just win based on the fact they are fucking huge and can take a ton of punishment (brock lesnar).

And so long as the other person isn't a disproportionately better fighter, all someone with super strength has got to do is grab a hold or bear hug them and crush/tear the shit apart.

>Batman
>Superpowers

????

Oh, and shit. Gravity Control too, from Light Lass/Star Boy.

And Precognition from Dream Girl.
And Illusions, from Jeckie.

Basically, he's the most powerful thing you can get below Reality Warper.

I know they aren't villains, but weren't Jubilee and Blink both supposed to have the potential to be ultra-mega-super badasses due to the way their powers worked?

I did not even know this existed, whilst it's kind of silly that they would still be alive, that's super fucked up senpai.

Do people seriously not realize lightning is superheated? A constant stream like that would melt her clothes and skin.

kek, my sentiments exactly, it's like figuring out headshots do more damage in video games.

The fact that he's a fucking retard with the most retarded designs possible really makes you forget that he's a superhuman cyborg with a completely concealable arsenal.

In any other reality this guy would be a huge threat

Technically they're still connected to their bodies. In fact, their bodies are being used for slave labour.

But user the subject of this is IF they stopped jobbing. Naturally for Karnak to fit this criteria he would need to be a jobber to begin with.

There's a what-if comic where he becomes an assassin.

Also, he's pretty scary the couple of times he gets super pissed off.

yeah I think I recall something about jubilee having crazy potential to blow shit up or absorb energy or some shit.

That's that boss from Punisher arcade game, right?

how are they still connected to their bodies? I don't understand how that makes sense.

They can't see where they are going so can't do work etc, if you close that hole between the head and body surely it severs/decapitates them?

It is not just things he can see he can the flaws in thing anything be it an object, sound, or concept.

His biggest weakness is that he can't always capitalize on the weakness. In War of kings he saw that the kree barrier was weak to teleportation of a certain frequency, even if he knew that he wouldn't have been able to do anything about it with no teleporter.

the cybernetic enhanced are kind of dime a dozen in marvel though

make you wonder why there are u.s. soldiers there still with basic plastic/rubber tier prosthetic limbs

That's horrifying. Who is that character?

The collars they're wearing keep the portals open.

I got a little REE at the recent habit of treating Diablo like a street villain instead of a dude who gives the whole Fantastic Four trouble.

The rest is great though.

The hole isn't closed. If you look close you'll see that they're wearing these collars around their necks, they keep the portal separating their heads from their bodies open.
I'm not entirely sure how they manage make their bodies do any work though.

Purple girl

What is this from, a What If?

can you please provide context as to why spidey lost the plot?

Like I gathered something about a kid/baby dying but more context would be appreciated please.

Thanks user. It's always a treat to watch Spider-Man stop giving a fuck.

>Also, he's pretty scary the couple of times he gets super pissed off.

youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI

Composite Superman has the abilities of Matter-Eating Lad?

>has straight up dodged lasers
>canon better reaction speed than peak humans like cap who have gotten to BP
>Gets dodged and one shotted

Sasuga Hudlin BP

>Discovers she has powers by asking Northstar to make out with her because he's dreamy
Like father, like daughter.

The Gauntlet.
I actually have some of these, they were fucking awesome.

Well if you wanted to be generous you could say Batman has super intelligence. Let's face it, no normal human could have the level of cognitive reasoning that he shows.

god why does the inhuman royal family defense squad always show up en mass whenever anyone of them takes a fucking punch.

T'challa got lucky, it happens.

The Rhino encounter with the black suit Spider-Man was genuinely scary for a kid cartoon
>"That's funny. I give up too. I give up being friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" as he about to crush defeated Rhino's (who's terrified and begging for mercy) skull with a metal door

user I think you are overreacting, it is literally just me and the guy I replied to. Besides I was commenting Hudling's BP more than defending Karnak.

Man, that last Alpha Flight was full of dumb ideas, like having her go full evil.

Maybe?

Checked, same guy.
Btw, are Frank and Fury on friendly terms or it's just game being game?

Yeah, but lets be fair, at some point, Black Panther has kicked EVERYONES ass.

they move in different circles mostly
other than that Furry doesn't have a problem with that Frank does
so, beyond general tracking, he doesn't spend resources on stopping him or helping the law do so

wtf did I just read. Who the fuck wrote that shit?
Not having SS just vaporise BP is a fucking travesty.

That rocket is kind of too phallic.
Or maybe Freud is laughing at me from beyond the grave right now.