Saw Alien Covenant two days ago, ask me anything

Saw Alien Covenant two days ago, ask me anything.

>on the side note, I guess since it hasnt been released in the US people havent discussed the Zoroastrianism aspect of the whole Prometheus/Covenant theme.

I actually liked this one, but by times it feels like a filler. An 8.5/10 in the whole franchise.

Are there gay robots in it or am I being memed on.

>ask me anything
What possible reason does Weyland-Yutani have for putting 100% lifelike androids aboard a mission craft like this? It's not making them more relatable to the crew and by this point everybody knows they're synths.

Is all of this just so some old fart can live longer? Really?

How many resets of what the xenomorphs are will we have to stomach? If this is really about the engineers, why did we only get one movie with them in it?

What's the bonus situation?

>Zoroastrianism aspect of the whole Prometheus/Covenant

I thought it was gnosticism?

Gay robots is a go, short scene for about 5 seconds. I lol'd, the guy sitting next to me just yelled at the screen: " Why would they put this faggotry? Its a goddamn alien movie "

At first they were literally plants to spy on the crews, then they became utility men i guess but with Ridley not giving a fuck about lore who knows anymore.

any stream yet?

Nope! Try and look into it real good, specially the conversation involving the bots. Check out both pics I posted too.

>utility men
Look, if you need something unkillable by facehuggers that's fine but every fucking last one of them is made of tissue paper rendering them worthless as protectors or even able to defend themselves.

No resets about what xenos are, its pretty straightforward in my opinion.

>land on planet
>oh shit alien infection
>shoot em up
>flashbacks
>lets gtfo

>Dan O'Bannon asks his friend Moebius to come up with a cool looking logo for his imaginary spaceship
>he draws something resembling Ahura Mazda icon
>?????????
>Ridley actuallly starts inserting retarded Zoroastrian/Gnostic themes into the space truckers vs. monsters franchise

GONE FULL GEORGE LUCAS DOWN TO A T

Should've bought the Seegson models, they were pretty sturdy.

I googled the Moebius spaceship but didnt find any. I really like that aspect in this film tho It definitely adds something to it.

>Zoroastrianism aspect
please elaborate im too intelligent to understand

Check out OP's pic, the uniforms, the whole company is built around that philosophy, combine that with the flame of Prometheus and you got engineers, corrupt their dna with the patogen and you got the xenomorphs

>An 8.5/1
Impossible. this shit was no better than prometheus.

I liked it, user, it was no kino but a damn 8.5

Why did David kill Shaw?

8.5s are for movies you love

Dont feel afraid of giving movies you like a 6.5 or 7

Did David cut his hand off to imitate Walter?

I guess David snapped, started to hate humanity even more and bamboozled Shaw? Dunno

I don't think so, that logo already existed, and Covenant obviously comes from Judaism/Christianity

Of course, that was the most confusing scene for me! I actually have my suspicions, but it could just be bad editing. You never find out what happened to Walter. It was only when David killed everyone inside the ship and proceeded to say his name followed by his code to Mother that I realized what David did.

Sure, I'll give you that, but other than the captains religious antics and the name of the ship, there isnt any Jude/Christianist stuff. In Prometheus you got a lot more, with Creationism and all that. But even then there where Sumerian writings on the walls.

This is now a dubs thread

This post really activated my almonds

>Zoroastrianism

Pseudo intellectual thread?

I thought it was a real religion?

>He wants his androids to have the ability of self defense
No thanks Ash

great movie, breaking the embargo to say its tops

It was pretty solid, maybe tighten up the writing but thats it. I havnt even seen Prometheus but I feel Covenant is superior

Tell me about their harvests. Do they have irrigation?

No shit

So when are we going to see CYBERDYNE androids.

ALIENS VS TERMINATORS VS PREDATORS CROSSOVER WHEN

>CYBERDYNE
>not Seegson

cmon son