Spend 300,000 dollars on a house

>spend 300,000 dollars on a house
>property taxes cost $12,000 a year

Why do I have to fucking lease land from the government after I "purchase" it.

What based country can I move to which does not have property tax?

that's a lot of tax for the price of house.
is that really what you have to pay actually?
in japan, you actually pay certain % (depending on municipal regulation, typically 1.4%) of tax assessment price, so in your case it would be $168 or so.

Government provides services to your house? Do you have a large property with electrical, sewage, police protection etc?

But the house itself is cheap.

There is no state with a 4% property tax.

New Jersey & New York

Property taxes where I live are almost 10%. You usually have property taxes from the state, the county, the township, the village, and the school district so they can add up.

If there were no property tax it would have cost you more to buy the house in the first place

>Property taxes where I live are almost 10%
Dafuq? You live in TX or something?

wtf? not even this commie hellhole got property taxes that ludicrously high

4%???

I know it's a different country, but, property taxes for my city next year:
- general building 1.00% (not home, ie commercial/industrial property)
- home 0.50% (must be occupied year round)
- secondary home 0.93% (cottages etc)
- publicly beneficial organization 0.16% (churches etc)
- power plant building 3.10% (because why not)

Some municipalities have property taxes on "unused" zoned land, but my city doesn't.

Property taxes are very efficient compared to taxes on income or investment, and more progressive than VAT. They also only fall on the people who owned property when the taxes were introduced

>Why do I have to fucking lease land from the government after I "purchase" it.

Because your land is acquired by blood of soldier and natives

they pay for all those things directly except police which come out of other taxes

Land value taxation is the only moral form of taxation though, since the supply of land is essentially fixed and by using it for unproductive purposes you prevent others from using it for productive purposes.

theres no property tax here

Be careful about countries that don't have a property tax, because they will most likely have some other kind of cost that has you paying an obligatory monthly sum for your property.

Land of the Free

If you develop a property then property tax isn't a thing, don't be a baby boomer cunt and sit on property for your own benefit and you'll be fine.

>America fought for independence to get rid of taxes only to be taxed heavily by thier govrenment

Ironic isn't not?

they fought for independence because their interests weren't being represented properly and the taxes were unfair. they never intended to do away with taxes altogether

>property taxes cost $12,000 a year

on a 300k shithole? holy fuck that's a lot $1,200 would be sufficient.

you pay tax for the cost of the land, not the house, the house is probably worth absolutely nothing.

Property tax in the US is not at all land value tax. It's actually the opposite, the tax is higher the more valuable the building on the property is.

Freedom it is.

Internet tax soon.

lel,i have a 100 square meter house from the fifties and it has 80 euros per year property tax

>their interests weren't being represented properly and the taxes were unfair
>implying that's not happening right now

0.3% of price for land with no business use in Russia.

>paying taxes
your country is not communist, is it?

freedumb

a cunt with no roads or schools or police or fire departments so somalia ya god damn moron

>Why do I have to fucking lease land from the government after I "purchase" it.
To prevent rentseeking behavior. If you want to own a shitton of land (like a glutton), it better be economically-productive land.

Otherwise our economy would be a giant real estate bubble. Furthermore, property taxes are the best way to scale a community that grows in terms of school, hospital and police services. Imagine a town of 10,000 people, with 1 of each of those services. Maybe 1 school can handle 12,000 kids, so they're fine.

Then a new company opens up and offers a shitton of jobs, and you have a gold rush of people moving into the town; the town's population bursts to 30,000. New houses are built, and now the services are strained. A school that once supported the original 10k population with ease is now being crushed by the newcomers. Same with police and firefighters and shit.

If you implement property taxes and feed them into the city's services, you can scale up population pretty well. The city uses those taxes to build another school, so school #1 isn't crushed.

>Arabs don't understand American history
not surprised. that's fine though, just stop talking about us like you know anything

Warning: Autistic wall of text.
Taxes were just one of these issues that showed the injustice and divide, but it wasn't a reason in itself, it was a supporting argument for the justification of independence. What most people don't understand is that Americans viewed themselves as under the crown for far longer than popular perception tries to portray it, almost right up until the war had almost started, and most arguments "against" the crown were really arguments to reconcile back with the crown and clear up injustices that Americans were experiencing AS BRITISH CITIZENS, who should be afforded the same rights as other English people. Arguments like representation and so on weren't just higher ideals, they were actual legal objections the BRITISH CITIZENS of America were lobbying to their parliament. That's where the reason for independence comes from, the inability to reconcile the parliament of England with the colonies, which had to do with there being no legal channel for them to go through to have their needs actually met, not most of the smaller reasons people believe nowadays.
In modern America there are plenty of channels people can go through to have their interests heard and dealt with, people have representation. OP signed a contract that spelled out what he was going to be paying, him getting "boned" by taxes is happening because he has forms of legal action to go through in the first place and he actually went through with them and wrote his name on the dotted line, so it doesn't make any damn sense that his interests aren't being represented.

Wow. This guy is right. Now I want to have higher taxes for property.

>Why do I have to fucking lease land from the government after I "purchase" it

Because the state is an entity that exists by continual extortion and aggression. It is incapable of producing its own wealth, as it ignores profit/loss criteria. As such, it has to compensate by stealing money constantly.

>Because the state is an entity that exists by continual extortion and aggression
So go live in Somalia

No, I'm going to stay here and use my considerable wealth to fight for my beliefs until they either become enacted or I die.

Then you'll continue to be an angry tard because you don't understand simple concepts like Rousseau's social contract. 194 of the 195 countries on this planet are structured upon it.

You will have better luck moving to a country with actual anarchy instead of changing the Enlightenment era bedrock of civilization, barbarian.

>A majority of countries practice something, so it must be correct!!!!

I have read the works of Rousseau and Hobbes, and I find them to be morally and logically inconsistent. I'm not going to reduce myself to personal insults. I respect your right to have your opinion, but I am sure I am more committed to fighting for mine. If that angers you, go champion your own cause. Telling someone to fuck off because they don't agree with you is really childish.

>A majority of countries practice something, so it must be correct!!!!
Nope, I didn't say correct. I said you would have more luck in your lifetime relocating yourself to glorious anarchic paradise Somalia than you would legally changing the bedrock of Western civilization for 300+ years.

This is called being a pragmatist.

> and I find them to be morally and logically inconsistent.
No wonder, you use the word "extortion" because you're incapable of understanding the core point of the social contract. It's called a contract for a reason. If someone goes to a bank and takes out $250,000 in loans and fails to repay it, is the bank "aggressing" them with "extortion" when it demands the money back? No. A contract was signed and made, and one party failed to fulfill it.

Such is the role of government, in preventing us from being savages who use slavery, child labor, and other means of dehumanization simply because one person has fewer guns or lackeys than the other.
Because that's what we'd devolve to, and what we've historically devolved to, outside your non-aggression principle fantasy bullshit. The best solution, which sadly isn't even a "great" solution, is to grant a government monopoly on force and collect taxes to protect rights using that force; layered on top of all of this is the right to political representation in a democratic republic, which is what our entire fucking revolution was about.

If all rich people think like you, I hope the day of the guillotine comes soon.

I hate wet winters with overcast sky. One winter it was overcast for three months straight, not a single day of blue sky, not even a tear in the clouds. The closest I've been to an hero.

Taxation is theft.

Become a locally known gun and conspiracy nut so government henchmen only dare approaching your property while guarded by an entire SWAT team.

>A contract was signed and made, and one party failed to fulfill it

Lmao

>If all rich people think like you, I hope the day of the guillotine comes soon

There are your true colors! The only reason you think humans are innate savages is because you yourself advocate and condone immoral acts.

Bravo!

>are innate savages is because you yourself advocate and condone immoral acts.
The rich kill more people per year than me (which is 0, by the way), by dodging taxes which could otherwise go into our healthcare system. Go fuck yourself you piece of unpatriotic dirt.

What kind of county do you live in where the assessed value of your home is the same as the market value?

>buhhaa I don't want to pay taxes
Move to italy, you would fit nicely here.

Argentina, we have property tax but no one pay it.