Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/731141053529653248
twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/731141196253433857
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just wait a few months, and we'll see articles like
>"Why doesn't DC have any titles starring gays?"
>"If only DC needs books starring gay characters!"
>"If DC made a book starring a gay man, people would buy it!|

They filled the DC presents issue 0 with origins of characters from canceled books

>why can't DC be as progressive as Marvel?

>did you see DC Rebirth? Literally no LGBTQ+ heroes >:(

I'm going to wait and be the person that posts "because you didn't buy them,retard!" every time someone brings it up.

DC has plenty of diversity they just don't shove it down our throats
As I mentioned in a thread eariler demon knights alone had a Muslim, a transexual and lesbians.

We know, user, we're being sarcastic

Is EW a Warner thing?

Yep.

Well yeah, that was the point.

They even called the OMAC story "Origins Matter After Cancellation"

twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/731141053529653248

What do you want him to write? What do you think he'll write?

Well if he's talking about dream projects, from what interviews I read his favorite DC characters/teams seem to be Martian Manhunter, Dr. Fate, JSA and The Authority among others.

I'd really want DC to give him a Shazam book, his oneshot was great.
Maybe a Stormwatch/Authority book and we'll forget about the Nu52 attempt.

twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/731141196253433857
Okay, who would you consider a historic character?

Were getting a vandel savage ongoing.

I'd kill for him to write Dr. Fate or The Authority.

Spectre?

Definitely JSA. He had a conversation about JSA on Twitter with Johns too.

DOCTOR OCCULT
O
C
T
O
R

O
C
C
U
L
T

The man had a three or four page story in Gotham Academy and used it to bring back Sterling Silversmith. I trust him to write anything he fucking wants, I'll still buy it.

S/he wasn't really a transexual, more of a weird hermaphrodite thing.

It's not Marvel's fault that DC doesn't have a good marketing team

Marvel's "diversity" books don't sell that well either. They get a lot of media coverage, but the hype usually only lasts for issue #1.

J S A
S
A

Might as well post the actual numbers and then say that the big two's cancellation level is 15k-20k so they actually see how low the numbers were

I mean it didn't so much get canceled as it did run right into a relaunch it was never going to be a part of anyway.

Oh I know but the sales were absolutely pitiful.
It was the second worst selling ongoing until others like Dr Fate got lower and Midnighter settled

People who want said subject don't even buy comics.

Goddamn shame since it was actually fucking good regardless of the gay. As a homo though it's exactly what I want in a comic with fags.

Kamala says hi.

I know Gerard Way is doing Doom Patrol, and I'm hyped for that, but I'd love to see Orlando writing for them.

>yfw Authority/Stormwatch book at Young Animal

Marvel being heralded as the Champions of Diversity is a meme. The best that money could buy.

Funny, because I think they didn't like Man of Steel if I remember right.

> implying DC wouldn't have made space for it if it had sold amazingly

Nope WB sold them in 2014

I never once heard Marvel's CEO personally say that he gave a fuck about any of that. Why are these people so prone to making assumptions?

>I never once heard Marvel's CEO personally say that he gave a fuck about any of that.
You never heard Marvel's CEO personally say anything.

The worst part was that the last couple of issues finally managed to get to the point where almost every problem people had with the book (midnighter not being with apollo, having being left with a bad taste from Nu52, and so on) had been fixed.

The implication is that if you give money to someone, you agree with them.

But the FT story also reported that, when African-American actor Terrence Howard was replaced by African-American actor Don Cheadle in the role of Colonel Jim Rhodes for Iron Man 2, “Perlmutter apparently told Mr. Mooney the change cut costs. He allegedly added words to the effect that no one would notice because black people ‘look the same’,”

It all comes down to money. In the future all your heroes will be Chinese.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Wuxia-inspired hero.

Wait till half the Avengers are Chinese.

The problem are not the changes, it's that they are done/written stupidly.

>JSA
>a character

>usually
But even her sales are currently falling

I'm fucking gutted that Midnighter is gone, but Young Animal and also that recent announcement of Garth Ennis doing a mini for DC gave me hope. Maybe they'll put out some limited runs for C-List characters, and Orlando could actually write some Authority, for example. I would love that.

Advertising for the trade, which is a still growing market.Plus enough sales can lead to a new ongoing.

>T-thanks

Tuh-thanks? What's that supposed mean?

Boosting the trade sales won't hurt

t-thanks

Her armor looked like shit. Demon Knights was okay to meh. Faggots only liked it because of a dickgirl.

they already remolded Strange's roots to be more chinese by removing the Tibetan shit.

Al Jabir is top tier. All the members of Demon Knight's are pretty good except for Exoristos. She was pretty shit.

Ike is a self made man like Trump & a war vet to boot. Fiege literally hates Ike and Ike is holding back Marvel from being completely retarded.