25 years old and only 3rd year of undergrad because I fell for the "dont go to uni meme" and realized at 22 it was dumb...

>25 years old and only 3rd year of undergrad because I fell for the "dont go to uni meme" and realized at 22 it was dumb and went to school
>people my age are 3 years into their careers

Better than being 30 and realizing you'll work in retail for the rest of your life.

i dropped out of high school and i'm 22

>the leafshit awoken and starting its shitposting

cant you jump infront of a bus or smt

what do you mean? I don't post on int much I only lurk

>people my age are 3 years into their careers
lol don't delude yourself. Most of them are starbucks/retail tier and some lucky few made it in the cubicles. The only ones into their careers would be the code monkeys and enginerds, both basically being glorified coffee-fetchers and file organizers for their superiors for at least 2 more years.

>The only ones into their careers would be the code monkeys and enginerds
ya thats my field haha

I'm 25 and I want to go to university.

Which field?

By 3 years into their careers you mean 1 year in their field after a year in nofrills and another in mum's garage

Do it and don't listen to the dumb leaf.
Get a proper degree, work part-time as you're studying.

not really, all of my highschool acquaintances have stacked linkedin profiles (with coops/internships and then full time jobs at big software companies)

I'm 24 and I'm JUST going to a fucking community college.

Well that's not the case for most of my highschool acquaintances that I still keep in contact with, mind you they mostly went to Trent. What university are you at?

At least you have chances to get a job after you finish your degree, I guess. It's not like here that you won't get a job past a certain age, or have a really small chance after a certain age, no matter how prepared you are. For graduates here, it's really difficult to get their first job in their late 20.

carleton
my friends all went to carleton or ottawau

Computer science
or anything math/physics related

Everyone will laugh at you for being old.

Maybe in Russia, but not here.

I have a young appearance so when I was 22 and first year I blended in, but once I told people my age they kinda avoided me.

That's not a problem, I'm a loner.

Weird, no one does that here. Good thing people here are friendly and understanding.

>tfw you dropped out of community college and still found a 9-5 salaried cubicle job
i feel like a phony, but i'm going back to school this spring

Don't feel bad OP. I didn't know what I wanted to do until I was like 21. I was on and off at community college bombing classes and shit until I decided I had to get my shit together. I am now 25 and going into my second semester as junior at a local uni (transfer from CC). Honestly dude, there's a lot of people older than you at school and you won't really know that until you ask them their age or they in their mid 30s. I am an electrical/computer engineer btw. Just stay focused and do your thing.

I used to feel bad because out of HS, my friends went to good schools and now they have jobs. One of them is an engineer and the other switched majors from computer science to some easier degree. I hated myself for not figuring out what to do out of high school and they were almost done with school while I was just getting started. As time goes by, you realize a lot of people drop out and many work minimum wage jobs flexing on social media and stuff. Just focus on yourself man.

Oh yh op, I also look younger than 25. Maybe because I'm always clean shaven but fellow students say they thought I was 21/22 when I tell them I'm much older. Feelsgudman.

At that point why not become a monk?

there are people into their 40's, even 50's who go into university here.

>As time goes by, you realize a lot of people drop out and many work minimum wage jobs flexing on social media and stuff. Just focus on yourself man.

My university is relatively big, last year the graduating class for electrical engineers and comp sci COMBINED was only 35 people which is really weird, you're right on people dropping classes, my classes in 3rd year are much smaller.

I'll stay focused, thanks for the kind words.

>he actually fell for the dont go to uni meme

>you cant start studying at 30

Considering Sweden's education system is much more "open" to people entering at whatever point in there life because the system has no financial barrier of entry.

Here it's like "what have you been doing with your life" unless you were/are military, immigrant or old as hell (retired/want a career change), ill or jsut recently educated. This is mainly because there's a rush into getting educated for the workplace so you can't really dilly daddle.

I'm my study group for university there is literally a 45 year old woman. A couple of 24 year olds.

And I am a first year too. Although I already have a degree.

2nd degree?

>both basically being glorified coffee-fetchers and file organizers for their superiors for at least 2 more years.
>tfw project manager at 26.

22 is super young. Young enough to still establish a career by your late 20s and old enough to be describable to the 18 y/o qts

i'm 25 and starting university next year

I graduated from uni and now I'm a neet

i am studying computer programming in community college and ifi get a job i goona try to study an online degree or something.

honestly i don't want to study with people in their 18, basically teenagers

I'm 25 and I'm in 7th year of a 4 year degree

>tfw posting from a lecture right now
Why did I even come here

>not being self employed

knowledge>>>>experience