How come Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is Marvel's only kino?

How come Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is Marvel's only kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM

I cut my own hair into a mohawk recently. It doesn't look very good, but I just want to say clearly that I was NOT trying to resemble this character with thr metal plate in his head. That is all.

Because its the least capeshit property they have, and a fairly decent space opera.

no?

I feel like a lot of MCU has suffered from trying to tie things into or set up the Infinity Gauntlet. Once you're free of that there's a lot more you can do story wise.

Ironically I think the third Iron Man movie would have benefited from trying to tie in to Thanos with Mandarin and the rings.

>kino
Fuck off, retard.

>Chris Pratt turns into a Pac-Man
>Tape joke
>Baby groot
>Trashy panda
One decent scene doesn't makes a kino

I'm glad you mentioned that, now that I'm aware I won't make fun of your for your hairstyle because if you hadn't told me that I would've assumed you did it to resemble the prototype fin Yondu wore in GotG2

This song is about a father trying to talk his son out of suicide, right? Reading the lyrics makes that interpretation seem pretty obvious.

Makes the song seem pretty dark.

yes? it's not even technically a superhero movie, and that's why it's watchable

People wearing capes among real humans will always be fucking stupid when put on screen.

This is a movie where they space people out an airlock and two characters have crippling emotional scars because they spent their childhoods being repeatedly tortured. Of course it's a bit dark.

>implying the scene where Rocket and Mohawk-man retake the ship wasn't kino

That arrow is overpowered as fuck though. How do you even fight yondu?

Why is Gamora such a shitty character?
Why can't the west into the "strong girl" trope withouth making them total bitches?

If I had to guess I would say shooting him in his red fin thing might disrupt his control over the arrrow

she's not a bitch, she's a tsundere

>shooting him before he whistles you out of existence 3 corners away, when you can't even get LOS on him

Don't see it, the father is the one saying he has to "go away."

Thank you. I appreciate your courtesy regarding my poor hair clipping ability. I really have gotten better over the years, but I suppose hair is best left to the professionals, such as the talented makeup crew on Marvel's The Avengers 3: Guardians of the galaxy 2.

Nope, the song is a dialogue between father and son, the father's lines are in a deeper voice, the son's in a higher. The son is the one saying he has to go, the father is trying to get him to stay and settle down.

you forgot
>le funny wrestlerman stating the obvious

What the fuck is a Kino everyone says it

>being this new
>not being a kino user

reddit and the subsequent atheist/bernie/hillary/ancap convention is that way

huh, yeah never realize it was a dialogue. always interpreted those lines as the father reflecting on his life

That pic. Is this from new Avatar?

Norwegian word for cinema.

More likely comes from German though

It means "Good" here. It's a shitpost that took on a life of its own and became part of the shitty board culture we just have to live with.

Sci-fi adventure is better than capeshit and it seems like Gunn actually manages to have enough creative control to make it feel more like an actual movie.

The humor feels more natural with more actual set ups than just quips

I can see someone making a case for winter soldier if they prefer conspiracy thrillers, but I personally agree with you, it's just hard to compare the two.

Why are you guys so fucking whiny and gay? Why can't you fucking enjoy anything? Take your fucking fedora off and shut the fuck up.

the fear of being associated with reddit

The first was better, and while it was a decent enough movie, I wouldn't call it kino.

>Yondu dies
>cut to the ship where Yondu's corpse is being covered. everyone looks sad, and the reason for them being sad is clearly shown to the viewer, especially Starlord having just realized what Yondu meant to him
>seconds later, Starlord begins an incessantly long monologue as to why he is sad
there's a lot of good stuff in the movie, but this stupid, wasteful expository dialogue is used to explain pretty much everything in the movie that has been already explained visually, as if the movie was made for babies. alongside that, there is an extremely excessive amount of cutting used, especially during scenes where cutting isn't needed at all. you'd have to be retarded to call this, the complete opposite of kino, "kino".
also, baby groot is fucking terrible. outside of selling toys, the only purpose he serves is to waste our time. you could take him out of pretty much any scene except for the introduction and nothing would be lost.

PG13
G

Honestly Tea for the Tillerman is almost aperfect album, Longer Boats is the only non-excellent song on there

I don't think it's about suicide, it's more literal. The idea of youth being driven to forge their own path resisting the wisdom of their elders recurs several times, if you consider that Wild World is an echo of the father's perspective (the world is a dangerous place, stay for your own good), while But I Might Die Tonight and On The Road To Find Out represents the son refusing to simply do as his father did.

Its about Cat converting to Islam.

>dude taserface
>dude mary poppins
>dude your ugly
>dude baby groot
>batteries
>dude necklace
>dude imma shout everything

Winter soldier felt like less of a capeshit movie than GotG 2