Who was the best character in Twin Peaks and why was it Major Briggs?

Who was the best character in Twin Peaks and why was it Major Briggs?

GOOLD?

Ben Horn was a close runner up though especially in his civil war phase.

The show is full of male identity archetypes. Garland Briggs is a figure of benevolent order brought about through the authority of aloof and inscrutable patriarchal forces. As such Briggs is the most sympathetic representation of the paternal authority figure ever put to film.

Hammond of Texas

Are you deliberately trying to sound like Briggs

> Bobby, may I share something with you? A vision I had in my sleep last night—as distinguished from a dream, which is a mere sorting and cataloguing of the day’s events by the subconscious. This was a vision: fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light, from within this gleaming, radiant marble. I had known this place. I had, in fact, been born and raised there, and this was my first return—a reunion with the deepest wellsprings of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There had been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house’s grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced—a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended. I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. That was my vision. It was you.

It was James.

That's classified.

kys

Ben Horne GOAT

JUST YOU

Why did he literally sound like a girl when he sang?

Bobby was unironically the best character.

James was ironically the best character.

Because muh surreal, dream-like sequences lmao

Harold was pretty deep...

BOBBY?

kek

I can't fucking wait for season 3.

That song was the fucking gayest shit I've ever heard

try again

Deputy Hawk.
He doesn't have a bad line in the whole series, and his reserved bearing balanced out some of the goofier elements of the show.

I never thought this General Hospital castoff would amount to anything, or do it so soon.

>his reserved bearing balanced out some of the goofier elements of the show.
He's like Winston Zeddemore: you have to have one character who's played absolutely straight to ground the thing.

> but Truman
no one cares

That was the point

Truman works subconsciously to people more than they realize. The less attention he gets the better the character works as intended. He never gets any at all, so my conclusion is that's a good sign.

>he's a good character because he was SUPPOSED to be boring and unmemorable
ok

Some scenes are more powerful because of him. If a scene has Truman doing interrogation and cooper standing in the background it's more powerful than the other way around. Just because normies are too stupid to express appreciation for subtleties does not make them bad. Normies are the ones watching. Thankfully they're not writing.

Hawk killing that guy in One Eyed Jacks is the most "fuck yeah" moment in the series.

He wouldn't even discipline his own punk son.

Jordan pls go
pls

Bobby turned out okay in the end. He was a good dad.

>faggots think this is the scariest scene in the history of cinema

It's literally just a jump scare.

The mystery man in Lost Highway is scarier than this and he's not even scary.

Gordon Cole obviously

>is a drug dealer and a killer
>okay

WHAT!? SPEAK UP.

Twin Peaks is unironically one of the most boring shows I have watched, why is it so popular? really curious

Yeah but he got best girl Shelley.

Wait who did Bobby kill? It's been a long time since I watched the show.

fpbp

>That's obviously a coming up jumpscare
>It's Lynch, he's actually doing this post-surrealistic expected jumpscare
>I'm not shaking on this one
>Or maybe it's not a jumpscare, too obvious
>GODFUCKINGDAMNIT

Every single character was great apart from Donna, James, and [unpopular opinion] Ed Hurley.

Didn't he ultimately kill Leo? Can't quite remember myself.

What about Josie? A lot of people seem to hate her but I was neutral.

reddit please go

Wasn't Leo alive at the end of the show? Windom Earl left him tied up.

THANKS BUT I ALREADY ATE

>Wasn't Leo alive at the end of the show? Windom Earl left him tied up

You're right. Season 2 seems like such a blur despite me having seen it more recently than season 1.

The best part? The character spoiling the scene with dialogue two minutes prior.

I was ambivalent towards her up until Packard's rival showed up in Twin Peaks. Then I started getting bothered by her.

>tfw Bobby is probably going to have a very troubled life in season 3 even though this contradicts what Major Briggs said about his future

Feels bad.

When MIKE talks about his relation to BOB he mentions that he was purified by the face of God. Is it supposed to be that there is an actual God in the Twin Peaks universe with a face that literally purifies or is it just imagery?

god dang it bobby

On my third rewatch and aspects of Josie's character are like nails on a chalkboard. Especially evident in all scenes with her and Truman.

I don't really mind James and Donna, they have their own dreamy version of the events going on and generally seem a million miles away from reality which is quite fun/cute even.

On Ed: don't really care for him in S1 but he comes alive after Nadine's coma. The shellshocked looks he gives people as he's reintroducing her while trying to roll with it is great.

Particularly great is the scene where he takes Nadine to the Double R. That whole episode is GOAT though.

f

>demons named MIKE and BOB
>delinquents named MIKE and BOBBY
>that scene where they both start barking demonically at James in jail
What the fuck already Lynch

The "bad" episodes of S2 were a lot more fun to watch than the "it's getting good again" ones.

Was Adam Sandler's Little Nicky a reference to Nicky from Twin Peaks?

It was in FWWM. He killed the guy him and Laura were buying coke off.

It's the part before the hobo that's actually scary.

Bobs couch scene is the scariest. Or just the first scene with Bob. He looks so inhuman.

You, with the crown of marble.

>tfw Jack Nance is dead

It's literally Lucy

I think we can all agree that every character as someone's favourite is understandable except Nadine and James

They are just shit

>best girl
>not Audrey
Shit taste alert

>Bobby kills someone named Mike in FWWM

will not lie to you lads i cried when he told bobby about the dream

After seeing FWWM, Laura could be my favourite. When she starts laughing after Bobby kills the guy was so hot. She's the perfect "psycho girlfriend"-type.

But Audrey is probably top. Just sitting in a nice recliner and smoking while she dances to her theme.

Post-coma Nadine is hilarious, but I doubt she's anyone's favorite.

James is universally despised, so you know he's the favorite of some contrarian fag.

there's too many damn Mikes in Twin Peaks, it's getting me pissed

I can never see that guy without imagining him as general hammond

him and cooper played off each other fantastically

he is holding up the spider cage with his teeth then lets go of it, so he could have died?

Is that General Hammond?
I thought stargate was his only show because he got cancer?

>tfw you thought bobby was going to be a stereotypical dumb jock but he became the best character on the show

>tfw an FBI agent comes into town and takes over your whole department but you aint even a little mad because he's such a nice guy

>never seen twin peaks
wtf are you doing

When Cooper grabs his nose playfully that one time is probably the most surprising and hilarious part of all. It's just something completely socially unaccaptable, but in their relationship and in Twin Peaks it's fun and makes sense.

>ywn play got your nose with your grown friends

It looked like that cage was only filled with tarantulas. Even if they all fell on him and all bit him I don't think he would die, tarantulas aren't fatal to humans. It seemed like more of a fear thing.

So why did Josie get sucked into a door handle

YOU KILLED MIKE
YOU KILLED MIKE

Garmobozia is a hell of a drug

Also I just watched the finale last night. Apparently you're supposed to see josies body obscured by the red curtains in the black lodge but I was looking hard and didn't see her at all.

civil war arc was pure kinography

Be honest, you still would.

Drinking tea?

Is this shopped??

yeah. it's usually longer

>Failing to change the tire.

Kino.

google between two worlds josies fate (cant link the website on here)

her soul was absorbed by the wood. Same thing happened to the Log Lady's husband, which is why she talks to the log

Dick flying under the radar to be one of the best characters on the show is nothing short of one of television's most delightful surprises.

Oh yeah why's that?

Best plebfilter in history of cinema