youtu.be/1EbNIFNs3UU
youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HE JUST COULDNT LET IT GO

w-whaf

F
;_;

Well shit

RIP. I know it will not happen but sticky please.

Very sad to see. Such a great artist.

It's not fair. It just fucking isn't.

Well fuck

Fuck Cancer

he can't keep getting away with it

I'll just leave this here....

youtube.com/watch?v=PZey0q8G-3E

He was so fucking talented, what a loss

Guess I'll be rereading New Frontier today

RIP Darwyn ;_;7

My favorite scene in all comicbook movies.

youtu.be/1EbNIFNs3UU thank you Darwyn for this amazing intro sequence

Why is BC with the teen titans?

I LOVE this one

trainer

Where are the mods
We need a ducking sticky

I remember him talking to a friend and I about making that at his booth at a con. He was so nice.
;_;

Make a thread about the latest cool epic action movie and it'll get stickied instantly.

RIP
He was one of the few comic artists I really wanted to meet.

Bibliography

As penciller or writer/penciller
Batman: Ego
Catwoman #1–4
X-Force #124
9–11: The World's Finest Comic Book Writers & Artists Tell Stories to Remember, Volume Two
Spider-Man's Tangled Web #11 (Marvel Comics, April 2002). Cooke wrote and drew "Open All Night!".
Catwoman: Selina's Big Score
Spider-Man's Tangled Web #21 (Marvel, February 2003). A Spider-Man Christmas story titled "T'was the Fight Before Xmas"
Wolverine/Doop #1–2
DC: The New Frontier #1–6
Green Lantern: Secret Files 2005
Solo #5
Batman/The Spirit
The Spirit #1–6, 8–12
Justice League: The New Frontier Special
Jonah Hex #33
Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter
Richard Stark's Parker: The Man With the Getaway Face – A Prelude to The Outfit
Richard Stark's Parker: The Outfit
Richard Stark's Parker: The Score
Richard Stark's Parker: Slayground
Jonah Hex #50
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1–6
All-Star Western #34

Backup stories as penciller
Legion Worlds #2 (DC Comics, mid-2001) 8-page back-up story
Detective Comics #759–762 (DC Comics, July to October 2001) 4-part "Trail of the Catwoman" back-up story (8 pages in each issue), featuring Sam Bradley, that leads to Catwoman #1.
Batman: Gotham Knights #23 (DC, November 2001) A Batman Black and White backup tale
Just Imagine Stan Lee with Chris Bachalo creating Catwoman (May 2002). Cooke drew a short back up story written by Michael Uslan and inked by Mike Allred.
X-Statix #1 (August 2002) Doop back-up story
Marvel Double Shot #3 (December 2002) "Who Let the Dad Out?", an eleven-page Ant-Man story
JSA: All Stars #3 (DC Comics, 2003) Doctor Fate back-up story

As writer
Batman: Gotham Knights #33 (DC Comics, September 2002). Writer of the back-up story "The Monument"
Solo #1 (DC Comics, 2004). 11-page story "Date Knight"
Superman Confidential #1–5, 11 aka "Kryptonite"
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1–4

Thanks for these user

Cover work
"All-Star Western" #28-29
Batman Beyond #4
Batman: Gotham Knights #12
Weird Western Tales #1
Batman Beyond vol. 2 #23–24
Batman: Gotham Adventures #45, 50
Justice League Adventures #7
Rawhide Kid #4
Bad Girls #1–5
Comic Book Artist #3
The Grimoire #4
Spellgame #1–4
Season of the Witch #2
Elk's Run tpb
Red Menace #1
Painkiller Jane #3
The Comics Journal #285
The Spirit #13
Back Issue! #28
Stephen Colbert's Tek Jansen #3
The Last Resort #1–4
Jersey Gods #2
Torpedo Volume 1 hc
Invincible Returns #1
iZombie #1
Torpedo Volume 2 hc
The Murder of King Tut #1–5
Mirror Mirror gn
Jonah Hex #56
T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents vol. 3 #1
The Flash v3 #7
Batman Beyond vol. 4 #1
Lorna: Relic Wrangler #1
Justice Society of America #50, 54
Rocketeer Adventures 2 #1–4
It Girl! and the Atomics #2

shit sucks he was my favorite

Damn, RIP in peace

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE

A goddamn legend. RIP.

Thank god that redesign has stuck for so long.

fuck off

A masterpiece

2001’s Catwoman redesign by Darwyn Cooke: For most of the 1990s, Catwoman was synonymous with cheesecake artist Jim Balent, who did a epic six-year run on the character’s series. But after Balent’s departure in 1999 and the series’ end with 2001’s Catwoman #94, that era was over for Selina Kyle. But better times were to come for Selina. Artist Darwyn Cooke and writer Ed Brubaker took over the character, first in a series of back-ups for Detective Comics and then in their own series in late 2001. Where Balent’s design focused on her sometimes-frazzled long hair, high heels and a purple panther-like onesie, Cooke’s Catwoman played up the character’s thieving roots with goggles, a simple zip-up catsuit and practical boots.

Sorry if my post bothered you, Sup Forums.

The sign an amazing artist.
Seriously, to single-handedly create an iconic look for a character that has already been around for 60+ years is an amazing feat. Especially for a character that's as present in pop culture as Catwoman.

He was one of the best. RIP.

Short hair selina. Nice

This list is missing his final work, the miniseries Twilight Children from Vertigo. Scripted by Gilbert Hernandez of Love and Rockets fame and fully drawn by Darwyn Cooke.

Always wanted to see him do a Captain America story. There was a rumor last thread about him having a spat with Marvel. Any truth to that?

Does anybody have the Darwyn Cooke variant covers DC did last year? The only pics I can find are shitty or watermarked.

You happy now you in denial fucks.

Anyway this is a great shame he shall be missed

I hadn't even properly processed that he had cancer yet.

>Sup Forums suddenly pretending they read comics

5. Don’t expect Darwyn Cooke to be getting work at Marvel any time soon. He threw a pint of beer over Axel at a comics convention, in the belief that Axel had announced a line of comics identical to the one Darwyn and friends had presented a full pitch for months previously. At the time one Marvel wag told me it was the first DC exclusive he’d seen signed in beer.

I got you famalam

I still haven't gotten around to reading this. Is it any good? I never read L&R either so I'm not familiar with Hernandez's writing.

Probably, not sure about the whole beer throwing thing but Cooke could totally be a cranky person and have cut ties with Marvel. Alonso is pretty much the kind of EiC Cooke would have not liked working with.

There was never any denial. There was simply hope. A little hope never hurt anyone, user.

Someone was saying that he made this in his bedroom on an old mac

Maybe because I'm used to right, purple Selina is weird as fuck to me.

Thanks friend.

It was kinda more of a atmospheric story that a really compelling read ultimately, if you know what I mean.

I like purple Selina if it's done right.

Those were the first time I seen his art.

They are pretty much all fantastic.

Got more ?

Aww your right now I feel guilty for snaping like that

It's interesting. I found the writing average, but the art is top notch and the atmosphere is well done.

Overall falls into the "your mileage may vary category".

I haven't read the final issue but it feels like a whole lot of nothing happens in the first three issues. Just more questions after each issue.

Honestly I shouldn't give a verdict based not having finished it but it did feel like a bit of a letdown. Which is a shame because I adore Beto and appreciate Cooke so this is a crazy sounding superteam.

I think I have most of them

Did you read New Frontier?

What a shame

He's been my favourite person in comics without me even realising for such a long time, there's the cartoon stuff which I loved as a kid, his catwoman stuff, New Frontier which was the first massive book I actually owned and it's still my favourite and then the Parker adaptations that took a series of novels I loved and actually improved them.

Nope. But when the news came out yesterday he was sick lots were recommending it.

One of my favorite takes on Wonder Woman. The only artist that makes her whole "'50s pinup swimsuit" costume actually work. Probably because that's just his style, and it fits like a glove.

God speed Darwyn

Thanks anons. Guess I'll check it out and see for myself.

Get to to it lad.

I guarantee someone's going to storytime it today.

Not him but I need to read it to I liked the movie

Rest in peace. It feels like a strong link to the history of comics has been severed.

I would do it but I have a busy schedule today.

>shitposters pushing their shitty memes instead of mourning like an actual human being
Go cross the street without checking both ways for awhile, would you?

Thanks user

most definitely
and another only grows stronger...

You should check it out. It's basically an amazing summary of Silver age DC, it hits all the right spots for classic superhero stories while still telling an accessible story.

It's like All Star Superman but for the whole of the DCU.

Darwyn Cooke is responsible for this, possibly the single sexiest, yet classiest Wonder Woman page ever.

fuck off

Man! I'm glad DC did the Darwin cook variant cover month.
They or Marvel should do one for Jon Romita Sr

I love this one

BvS got a sticky and this won't, because mods don't know who the fuck he is.

>saving this for wallpaper purposes
>decide to use Darwyn's initials for the filename
>DC.jpg
His fucking initials are DC