If David created the Xenomorphs, then how is there one in the mural in Prometheus?

If David created the Xenomorphs, then how is there one in the mural in Prometheus?

Perhaps the Engineers knew full well about what happens when a chestburster gets ahold on one of them, and muralized it as a warnning.

I was thinking about this too
I imagine a cult of engineers formed from a group of scientists developing the weapon. Through ritualistic research, they'd already advanced the techniques David has been practicing.

David is simply following in their footsteps.

I refuse to believe he is responsible for 'creating' the xenos.

where is it stated that he made the first one? i just assumed the xeno's wiped the engineers out

why were the xenos even weaponized/created by the engineers? for who? to fight the predators?

>i just assumed the xeno's wiped the engineers out
David wiped the engineers out using the black goo.

The enginners didn't create the xenos, David did.

he didn't create the xenomorphs

he just worked out that humans + neomorphs = xenomorphs

doesn't mean he was the first to do it.

We should ask the engineers

Oh wait

redpill me on the franchise, i've only watched alien and aliens, which movies do i watch and which ones do i skip

watch alien, pretend you never saw aliens, and watch none of the others

Alien 3 Directors Cut, then stop.

congratulations you have watched the series its too bad aliens never got a sequel

nice meme

If you have a PS4, play Alien Isolation. Don't watch anymore films are Alien and Aliens, they're all trash.

This, it's called assembly cut by the way

>predators
Not canon.

STOP RIGHT THERE user

why not on steam/PC?

Literally shown in the movie bud.

My bad, didn't think of PC. Just got it on PS4 after it crashed/lagged to fuck on PS3.

Watch Alien 3 Assembly Cut as says, it's honestly pretty decent and I prefer it too Aliens. If you really want more then watch the Special Edition of Alien Resurrection. The movie's dumb as fuck but you get to see super strength Ripley play basketball with Ron Perlman, and it has the best practical fx of any Alien film.
Avoid AVP

You can skip the rest.

If I were you I'd stay there. Some people swear by Alien 3's Directors Cut but I didn't think it had a patch on the first two regardless.

might want to get your eyes checked

Watch Alien and Aliens
Alien 3 is garbage, watch 4 if you like trash movies

I'm still holding on to the idea that David wasn't the first to create the xenos, and he's just continuing whatever the engineers were already doing with the black goo.
It's not even because of "muh lore" or anything, it's just that the alien doesn't seem very alien when it's origins are actually from humans. Fucking Ridley.

*tips fedora*

Alien 3 felt like a cheap cash-in with some space-grunge aesthetics and rock music video direction.

You're all too stupid to get Prometheus and A:C. Go back to your 27%

But a Xeno was already in Prometheus, complete with a proto facehugger. I'm not quite understanding this meme that David created Xenos. Engineers did, David just tuned them up.

This is the correct answer. Isolation perfectly compliments the Alien movie. Alien, Aliens and Isolation are all that you need.

>Alien
>Aliens
>Alien 3
>Alien Resurrection
>Alien vs Predator
>Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
>Alien Covenant

>the creature is actually a bored Earth-created android's science experiment

wew

>you are too stupid to get bad movies

Sup Forums btfo
it is truly nice knowing that alien kino is upon us once again

>David lets all the black goo as the ship is landing thus killing the Engineers
>David admits creating the aliens after many failed attempts "as a hobby" before tricking oine crew member into getting facehugged
My eyes are okay.

David creates the aliens as we know them from the movie Alien and the rest of the movies in the franchise.

It's a shame Ridley's movies fall in the 97% stupid category

your memes are shit

You guys dont even know whats canon, The most stable canon you guys officially have is AVP now. even the first alien isnt canon anymore, so cry more little ridley cuck boohoo boohoo

>Aliens

You already dun goof'd

ESLfag here so cut me some slack pls

Just saw the movie yesterday and I think the fact that the Ingeneers already had created the Xenomorphs could be a nice theme for the neat films.
What I got from Covenant is that David's whole purpose is to become superior to humans and Engineers alike by creating the perfect organism and when he eventually realizes that he's merely REcreating something others did before, it would be a huge hit to his ego, since David itself is just a recreation of a human being, nothing else.

Sorry you got it spoiled, next time don't go come to Sup Forums.

>become superior
Technically his purpose is to prove that he is superior as he considers himself superior already.

learn to meme

Again, sorry you got it spoiled.
In fact I would believe people are memeing too because that explanation kind-of sucked. And the movie shouldn't be called Alien since you get like 20 minutes tops of alien screentime anyways.
It was a huge disappointment honestly.

Do you think the Covenant crew will ever get the colonization bonus?

What about the Deacon in Prometheus? Isn't that a Xeno?

Alien Isolation is a great game desu

Why would anyone go see this? I'm a tremendous fan of the franchise, but I also remember being burned by Prometheus.

I thinking of rewatching Prometheus then go to theaters to see Alien Covenant just to see how shit it is I don't know if I should go or not since I never seen Alien in theaters, I never been this curious since BvS

How David created eggs without the queen to lay them ?
Is Ridley shitting on the Alien canon ?

He extracted them from Shaw obviously.

Why the fuck did Scott even bother with all this?
Did people really want to fucking know where the alien came from? THEY'RE FUCKING ALIENS

>The enginners didn't create the xenos, David did.
Sup Forums turns a meme into something people genuinely believe

>pleb not invited to pre-release thinks the actual plot of the movie is a meme
What's the matter, you didn't pass your latest penis inspection and got your KinoPLUS ID revoked? lmao

A) Watch Prometheus, pretend the others movies don't exist like Ridley's and you got a good movie
B) See all previous movies then wait for a suckerpunch "Simpsons Fake Skinner" level

Ayy it's my G Bertie

>ridley scott makes a blade runner sequel under the alien franchise before the real blade runner sequel comes out

what did he mean by this

he didn't create them, he just messed around with the process. maybe humans were made to be parts in a bigger picture, like living supplies used to be combined with the goo and other stuff.

Riddley Scott doesn't consider it canon, so it's not. and he is the one making Prometheus and alien covenant so...

Why is it up to Ridley Scott to decide what is canon and not

Michael Fassbender is a meme actor. Same as Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt, Idris Elba, Oscar Isaac, Christopher Waltz, etc.

He always plays the exact same character and people pretend it's incredible. Michael Fassbender being decent in Prometheus is why this story revolves around him, and it's cancer.

When the first Xeno hatches in front of David he raises his arms like the mosaic in the ships.

I think David is mimicking and learning like AI is supposed to do. He's copying the Engineers and Humans by thinking he is a God, thinking he is superior and mastering creation with the black goo, because these are the things he has learnt from his environment.

He's a twisted and flawed mockery of Engineers and Humans.

Hey AvP was cool
AvP2 is real shit tho.

because reasons

>The enginners didn't create the xenos, David did.
he didn't, the engineers already made them, david just rediscovered them
at best he just created a new subspecies of them

After seeing the trailers & pics for Covenant I completely agree with this as well as why the mural exists in the Prometheus

Why do we repeat experiments?

Don’t Repeat Yourself, “DRY” may be central tenet of computer programming doctrine, but is it not part of the chemist’s credo. Scientists spend a significant amount of time repeating procedures and even experiments in the quest to push back the frontiers of human knowledge. If we want to create and discover new knowledge, why do we spend so much time repeating what has been done before? There are several good reasons why experiments need to be repeated:

1) The first reason to repeat experiments is simply to verify results. Different science disciplines have different criteria for determining what good results are. Biological assays, for example must be done in at least triplicate to generate acceptable data. Science is built on the assumption that published experimental protocols are repeatable.
2) The next reason to repeat experiments is to develop skills necessary to extend established methods and develop new experiments. “Practice make perfect” is true for the concert hall and the chemical laboratory.
3) Refining experimental observations is another reason to repeat. Maybe you did not follow the progress of the reaction like you should have.
4) Another reason to repeat experiments is to study and/or improve them in way. In the synthetic chemistry laboratory, for example, there is always a desire to improve the yield of a synthetic step. Will certain changes in the experimental conditions lead to a better yield? The only way to find out is to try it! The scientific method informs us that it is best to only make one change at a time.
5) The final reason to repeat an extraction, chromatographic or synthetic protocol is to produce more of your target substance. This is sometimes referred to scale-up.

watch AvP next

play alien isolation and dont watch any more movies.

>Play a game
>he thinks he is a Alien Fan

KEK

>cre·ate
>krēˈāt/
>verb
>bring (something) into existence
That exact type of xeno he created by trial and error didn't exist before so he indeed created them as per the definition of the word.

Prometheus is a bit foggy but when did they say that Engineers created the xenos?
I remember implications of the black goo being a weapon created by the Engineers but that's about it. If we are talking about the 'xeno cobra"' that could very well be fruition of an accident and not an actual creation made by them.

Probably the same reason Alien and Aliens have the characters finding xenomorph eggs like a hundred years later in places David couldn't have done anything in like ancient wrecks hundreds of years old.

Scott made all this shit up on the spot.

>David created the xenos
PROMETHEUS-FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH.
Just came back from this movie. It was KINO as fuck.
>David looking at the tiny xeno raising its hands in the air.
KINO

>Prometheus is a bit foggy but when did they say that Engineers created the xenos?
the low-relief depicting xenos very close to the ones in the first movies, that's why I think engineers created them and david just rediscovered them with what he learned in the engineers' ship

AVP is shit.

>David creates the aliens as we know them from the movie Alien and the rest of the movies in the franchise.

If you think that you really need to check your eyes.

This post is entirely unnecessary

Honestly even thought that could make a lot of sense at the same time it makes little sense in Covenant's context.
The whole reason (roughly) David made the xenos was to prove that he was more capable and better than both humans and those who created humans. Basically copying Engineers work would prove the exact opposite.
Also David states that he culminated his work minus one thing. That thing being human hosts.
If he worked on a way to make xenos based on Engineer 'blueprints' he wouldn't have needed a host, or at least not specifically humans.
Then again the Engineers actually making them would explain all those plotholes showing eggs in impossible places and timelines so.

you don't watch the cut scenes of the original, right?

>literally the same
What's the difference?
>inb4 the amount of latex

>60 hrs of hide and seek

>60 hours
If only it was 60 hours the pricetag I paid for it would be justified.

because the actors make his characters, right? not the writter.

>people are this retarded

Those kind of people are the self-proclaimed Alien Fans? Now I know why don't understand the movies and just chill about all. Fuck.

>The whole reason (roughly) David made the xenos was to prove that he was more capable and better than both humans and those who created humans. Basically copying Engineers work would prove the exact opposite
well you have to start somewhere, david used the engineer toolkit so he didn't start from scratch
him remaking the engineer xeno was maybe just a step towards his life creating mastery
>If he worked on a way to make xenos based on Engineer 'blueprints' he wouldn't have needed a host, or at least not specifically humans
he knows he doesn't need humans specifically (you can see a lot of different xenos from different species in his cave) but he probably considers them the best hosts since he tried his shit on shaw first

>being this bad at memeing

David simply recreated it and tweaked it, I really don't know why you fags are finding this so hard to understand.

>people bash Aliens and Cameron because "abloo bloo bloo he showed too much of duh aliums!"
>Scott lays out their steaming turd of "AYYY LMAO david made them"