The Muppets on ABC is cancelled

tvline.com/2016/05/12/the-muppets-cancelled-abc-season-2/

>ABC on Thursday confirmed what many a felt-lover has feared: The Muppets will not return for a second season.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZ-yzQL7214
youtu.be/yZ-yzQL7214
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

too bad because i like the muppet brand but the show was really boring

A terrible show, that gave the Muppets a tumor they will have to survive if they are to have any future.

Is this the cancellation week on ABC? First Agent Carter, then Most Wasted didn't get picked up.

Is this show worth checking out on any level? I never did and I liked the original show.

It's okay, but not amazing.

Eh. It had moments, but I really wouldn't bother.

If you liked the original, the new series will make you feel sickened.

No. They utterly missed the ball as to why Muppet Show worked and made a damned The Office knock off. Maybe if they had understood Muppet humor it could have been salvaged. But they didn't.

Watched the first few but dropped off after the winter hiatus.

It got better after the hiatus. You people missed out.

I kept watching it and noticed they moved more and more away from the "Late Nite Talk Show" and closer to what the actual Muppet Show was like and I kept wondering if they were doing some sort of elaborate commentary on the state of television where season 2 would have the show-within-a-show fall apart and they create a new show that's like the old Muppet Show.

>Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

Puppetry is Sup Forums. It doesn't come up very often, but it falls under our western animation umbrella.

He clearly doesn't care.

I doubt Sup Forums gives a shit. Where else would you talk about Muppets?

fuck the haters, i was entertained

Incidentally, they're also planning to unveil a new slogan for the network:

>ABC: We FOX Now

so are Kermit and Piggy still broken up?

They were pretty much heading back together in the finale.

That's what they get for making an Office/30 Rock knockoff and making Rizzo and Pepe the stars.

why do rizzo and pepe always get so much screen time?

it was ok at best but I get why it got axed.

I think most of it has to do with so many being under the impression that the Muppets are strictly "kids fare" and not capable of handling adult situations without backlash from soccer moms

Because they were sarcastic tv show writer single guys, so the writers didn't have to put any work into them.

The only good part of the entire show:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZ-yzQL7214

it was pretty bad but after they changed showrunners it got better. if they had let him do another season i imagine it would have been good

but they really need a clean break from this docubullshit and to just make a new PROPER muppet show
with good writers

it wasn't very elaborate, it was just a new showrunner fixing the mistakes of the previous one.

except people actually watch fox

because their performers are still alive
they would have canceled it a lot sooner if that was the case. but that's a premise that literally didn't exist prior to this show
soccer moms of today are even worse than the prior ones because they have no excuse to have attitudes from before their parents were born

look everyone, a newfag

Not even a soccer mom but I thought showing muppets get excessively drunk and talking about having sex was way too closer to TV Funhouse than they should be.

Alright, that got me

Yeah, that's pretty much it. After "'Til Death", I'm hesitant to write off any theories about showrunners toying with a dying show, but it really was just written better after the switch.

>After "'Til Death", I'm hesitant to write off any theories about showrunners toying with a dying show,

Elaborate.

Good lord Steve Whitmire sucks now. He doesn't sound anything like Jim Henson.

the problem is it wasn't funny. the muppets have always been adult, but in a funny way. usually making fun of the shit people want/expect out of tv. the original muppet show pilot's title was "sex and violence" parodying both "Tv these days" and the people decrying it.
the muppets don't reflect reality, they make fun of it. this show felt too real.

because they're little uglycute obnoxious wiseguys, all endearing qualities that have made them fan favorites over the years

I watched all the episodes and mostly felt bored each time I hit play on the DVR but it had the occasional good moment

youtu.be/yZ-yzQL7214

It was really starting to improve after the mid-season Christmas episode. A second season would have turned out much better then how it started.

'Til Death was a sitcom about two married couples, and it wasn't very good - it was basically a lousier version of Everybody Loves Raymond. It got retooled twice, once during its 3rd season and the other during its 4th and final season. The 4th season is the one that's relevant here, since the 3rd showrunner did not give a fuck. So, the staff made episodes that had stuff like a character becoming self-aware that he's in a sitcom (and everyone else busting his balls when he mentions it), the main characters nearly killing each other, etc. etc. It still wasn't good, but it was noticeably different from everything that came before.