Why does it curve forward

Space axe

sorry im not autistic
what is tvs problem with this scene

The axe returns in covenant too

so retarded... tools don't work in the future because it's all digital

>The axe returns in covenant too

Bravo Scott

Why would folks in the future just stop using axes? They've been around forever and we have computers and all kinds of crazy high tech shit that was unimaginable when people invented them. We're still using axes. We'll probably always have a use for them.

Because I want to bitch about meme shit and not the actual problems of the film.

More like Why would the folks in the future use overdesigned shitty Axes?

The space axe is the key to all of this. If we the the space axe working...cause it's a cooler looking axe than we've ever had in the other movies.

There was a fucking axe in Covenant you titanic tit

>We're still using axes

Who's still using axes? The 5 lumberjacks who think it's 1850?

HEY RIDLEY!

there was an axe in Farscape

I can agree with that for sure
I have a wood burning stove. I use an axe almost daily. There is no better tool for splitting wood than an axe.
>inb4 someone mentions something that costs thousands of dollars to disprove that.

why does she wear the axe?

Name one (1) time you have used an axe

Would she have prevented being jettisoned the fuck out of the franchise had she had access to better equipment?

It increases the amount of force the ax has when swung overhead.

Look up the kukri knife.

see
I'm literally shocked by the couple responses that no one uses axes anymore. I don't think I know anyone irl that doesn't have one. I know I live in the country but goddamn guys, people definitely still use axes all the time.

No

Fine, stay ignorant.

It would be less retarded if the axe looked like this.

It's great if you ever need to break something. that isn't metal.

This desu. Spaceships are designed to survive longs trips through space. If they fell apart to an axe it'd be kinda shit wouldn't it?

the Space Axe™ is made from adamantium and can cut spaceships like butter.

>implying everything in a spaceship interior is made of metal

>Axe with a Coil for a blade
Ok.

anything that would need to be broken in order to get through would, in fact, be made of metal.

That's a big axe.

youtube.com/watch?v=WF6QiL8YpQM

I just rewatched Prometheus today and goddamn it was so much stupider than I remembered.

>they find the engineer head and remove it's helmet, showing it's almost identical to a human head
>no reaction
>"lol let's electrocute it, dude what if that brings it back to life lmao"
>"it's not working? Turn up the voltage."
>"dude it exploded lmao"

>you will never kill someone and their doctor in one swing irl

>panels
>electric/water lines
>ventilation ducts
>weaker doors

I mean, they still have axes on actual ships today, despite the fact that everything is almost exclusively metal and concrete

This is what they do for fun in India?

Lel. They noticed the changes in his head. Tried to electrocute the head to trick it "being alive". It worked and caused the infection to progress and ultimately blow up the head. Goddamn, don't lurk here when you watch a movie. Focus.

That's the stupid part user. Why would they think they could trick anything into thinking an ancient head was alive? Why would they think it had anything unusual about it when they don't know what the species was? Why would they immediately jump to destructive investigation (like jamming an electrode into the skull and running current through the tissues) of a priceless specimin? Why would you just keep on turning up the voltage if it wasn't working? Electricity burns things.

Worse is how she marvels at the fact it has human DND but doesn't find the fact that it looks almost identical to a human to be even slightly notable.

No but I'd like to talk about how Shaw was killed off screen by David again. I just can't believe that Ridley Scott planned this all the way back in 1979. There's so much depth.

the axe was on a special life support unit that was ejected from the main ship, so im assuming that it's there in case you need to axe shit up outside while you wait for rescue

>Why would folks in the future just stop using axes?

Why not, we'd have expect that in the future, there will be a more effective way of cutting down trees.

But let's imagine that an axe is a good thing to have on a space ship (despite none of the ships we've sent into space has had an axe), this fucking axe design doesn't make any sense.

It's a callback to the first Alien

i dont even remember this I must have selective memory

That mini-axe is a more realistic version of a 'future axe' than the shit in Prometheus.

But no, it's not a 'callback' to the first Alien, Ripley did not run around fighting the alien with an axe in that movie, the reason they used an axe in Prometheus was to make the character more 'vulnerable' in an attempt at making it more scary, that's the sole reason for why this mission carried no weaponry, because outside of lazy writing, it makes absolutely no sense.

They had weapons on Prometheus, they were just too fucking stupid to go get them.

Fifield is killed by shotgun blasts to the head and a flamethrower after he's run over, but you literally never see the two guys who do it ever again.

Scott couldn't even be bothered to give the excuse they didn't bring weapons, he writes them out of existence entirely when Idris Elba crashes his ship into the engineers.

Nobody thought after Fifield tore a few people apart to arm the whole crew or possibly distribute weapons. Also the crew that take Weyland to the engineer also have guns but don't use them and they too disappear after the scene.

Have you guys not heard of fire axes?

The bit is clearly on the same plane as the bottom of the handle, where your hsnd is when the axe connects.
It is not forward of your swing plane.

With a straight handle, the bit would extend 3-4" forward. With this fucked up handle, it does not.

One of the crewmembers does actually get a shot off at the engineer before he's punched across the room. Didn't seem to phase him much. My assumption is that the gun(s) they brought to the engineer room were left there since everyone but Shaw got Shaq'ed to death.

I just watched the scene and it looks like he grabs the shotgun and pushes the barrel away before it hits him. Either way, if he tanked the shot it was to his armor, the first thing I'd do if I was there was get the gun after he threw the guy or go find one on the ship.

I really didn't like how there was never a confirmed number of crew and how so many were never even named. Characters just drop in and out and it doesn't feel right especially when compared to movies like saline/The Thing where the number of crew remains consistent and we know if every person.

A lot of side characters just fucking disappear in Prometheus.

The "ships" we've sent into space are incredibly fragile and even the graphite from a pencil can fuck their shit up.

Is that hatchet for trimming her pubes?

To chop wood on multiple occasions, and to break down a rickety old shed.

>fire axes
AAAaH my fucking fingers

I can't tell if you're fucking with me or not...

This is pretty much the answer desu

Yes , Scott has confirmed this as cannon

on a steel spaceship??
have you ever cleaved through metal with an axe?

4 no one. she is small.

Aliens established that the cryopods overfreeze and can get covered in ice.

Good point.

Of all the shit to bitch about in this movie, the axe is among the most retarded. If she'd come out swinging a gigantic honking pipe wrench, would you bitch about that?

The axe is among the oldest, most versatile tools humanity has and having one on your escape pod just makes fucking sense. Doesn't need ammo or batteries, can be used for hacking through things, building shelters, and for self-defense if need-be. Name something more useful and guaran-damn-teed to carry out all its intended functions in literally any environment.

Dr. Seuss Axe

Genius.

WHY? 90% of this board is fucking repost already

>cityfags

that a puffy vulva

>Good point.

Not really. You *can* hack through metal with a metal axe. You can also use it to pry things open. A crowbar can do that, too, obviously, but a crowbar can't also chop things up.

For the record, axes are kept on airplanes, standard I'm pretty sure.
They hide them though.

I used a pickaxe to plant some trees.

PLOTHOLE: The ship david landed on the engineer city with was thousands of years old. It'd be like someone riding up in a roman chariot into town one day. Why had civilisation not advanced?

Nope it is a Kukri axe, the most effect axe ever created.

makes a alien burst from my pants everytime

They were already perfect :^)

Theres an axe in every one of the walk in coolers at my grocery store job
I mess around with it every so often

>perfect
>no technology in their city at all
>all wiped out in one attack

jej

You don't know what metal the ship or the axe is made out of.
Even titanium can be cut by an axe.

ALL HAIL THE MOTHERFUCKING SPACE AXE!