What are your county's urban legends? >in greentext

>be woman
>be pregnant
>get a miscarriage
>get insane
>get insane to the point where your start to grow wings and the lower half your body is seperated
>only happens during the night
>prey on pregnant women because of jealousy
>become the Manananggal

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Compaña
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfddSj3bkxk
mx.tuhistory.com/noticias/las-5-leyendas-urbanas-mexicanas-mas-inquietantes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>be village people 1000 years ago
>kids keep falling down in the well
>make up a monster called the well man
>he drags down kids who get to close and drown them
>can't be seen as he's black

my and my friends legit sacrificed toys to him in my kindergarten who had a well

wow haha! Must've been fun times!

When its reaally hot or reaally cold outside roams the old woman of peak, which will kidnap children who are out at this time

albanians/gypsies kidnap little kids to sell their organs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Compaña

>Be hairy man with particularly large feet
>Wander around the woods

Thanks for the copy and paste from a random blog

we got a sinilar one butwithout the weird shape.
girl is pregnant and have th boy, she kills it cause shes mentally sick and shes punished. her spirit walks around looking for her son and will take other boys away and kill them

wtf philippines?

>be 1600 century townsfolks
>needs to build a new church
>has to sever a horse's leg from it's body, put it into it's mouth and then bury it alive near the church
>it is now damned to till judgement day rise from it's grave at night and show itself to people who are about to die

>out for a walk
>find a comb on the ground, pick it up
>now a malicious lady-ghost is coming to get me

Hm, kind of like a Selkie.

Shadowrun is upon us.

That's nothing like a selkie. I've watched Irish films.

A selkie is a magic seal but is secretly a human woman. Sometimes the selkie will go to land, shed its skin and reveal a pretty woman. Then she frolics in the ocean, I guess. If an Irish man steals the selkie's skin while she's frolicking, then the selkie has to marry him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfddSj3bkxk

Literally postpartum psychosis. Fascinating.

Wait...you gotta steal the skin while they're in human form? I feel like an idiot now.

that's literally nothing like a selkie though

Wait, I meant a Kelpie, my bad.

We've also got one of those, except in our legend it's an indigenous woman that kills her children because they're rejected by her Spanish lover so she wanders the earth looking to replace them. Funny enough she's based on Aztec legends of similar creatures, the Cihuateteo, tho she functions much like an Irish Banshee (eg her shrieks can turn a man's hair white)

kek

The water spirits of the Danube river will appear as beautiful young women at night and try to lure men close to the river where they would drown them.

This was taken serious by authorities so unmarried men were not allowed to go to the river alone at night until the late 1700s kek

When i was in primary school there was a rumor about woman with red eyes. Basically several kilometers from my village, there was a car accident in which woman and her daughter died. It was her fault, because she didn't see a truck driving in front of her in night. People claimed that during night on that road you can encounter a woman wandering on the road and that you shouldn't stop no matter what, because she may look normal at the begining if you will see into her eyes they will appear to be completely red (cuz of blood). One guy who saw her ended in the hospital, because he was shocked so much that his heart stopped and he hit a tree.

still literally nothing alike

Translating a few from this link
mx.tuhistory.com/noticias/las-5-leyendas-urbanas-mexicanas-mas-inquietantes

Black Charro - A Charro, pictured, would be our equivalent to a knight/nobility, all the buttons and adornments on the suit are suposed to be gold or silver. Legend goes about a man dressed in that garb and all in black who will show up as a charismatic figure, drinking with the men and seducing women. Any woman who agrees to ride with him will never be seen again.

Carro de las brujas - Similar legend except this is an old horse drawn carriage, all red, filled with beautiful women who will encourage men to ride with them, it's suposed to be a coven of witches.

The penant lady - An old woman hails a cab and asks the driver to take her to a church and wait for her a few minutes, she comes out all weeping and praying and asks to be taken to another one, rinse/repeat for a couple of hours until she asks to be taken home where she informs the cabbie she forgot her money and asks him to wait while she goes inside. After the man has been waiting for a while he knocks only to be told by whoever lives there the woman has been dead for years.

I'm sure my country had its share of urban legends, but I don't know any. We've got so westernized that our oral tradition pretty much died at the beginning of the 20th century. People are more focused on african revivalism than exploring our celtiberian roots. Feels surprisingly bad.

The only non-regional one I can think of was Adamastor.

For everyone else, it was this supposed giant rock sea-monster golem thing living in Cape Good Hope that sunk any ships coming closer. It sounds ridiculous now, of course, but for the XV century sailor, this was uncharted land from which no one came back, but they still went anyway.

>be regular citizen of the country
>go to the shops
>find it's crowded with horrid brown goblins who communicate with one another in gibberish
>name the goblins "Filipinos"
It is rumoured that when they have a master, they work well as maids, but when they are set free, they will dress flashily and swarm the shopping district.

Jersey Devil, just some Horse + dog + lizard + kangaroo with wings and cloven hooves that lives in the Pine Barrens in Southern NJ

Joseph Bonaparte allegedly saw it

They are both sort of horses

A kelpie is a half horse half sea monster
The other was a horse mutilated by Danish peasants