Alien

Why they smoke so fucking much while having breakfast? It grossed me out.

faggot

It was a different time.

they were blue collar workers

that's what these people do or so I hear

didn't they have some kind of situation?

Of the bonus variety?

The real question is why they traveled with a fucking cat

Coffee and tobacco are great together. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

>>poors without basic body pleasures

could you be any more kukd?

why wouldn't they?

They're working class truckers. I would expect no less. They probably hated middle class people as well.

>pilots and engineers
>not middle class.

they're basically on a tug boat not a commercial airliner

coffee and cigs are the breakfast of champions

Please explain this meme to me, guys.

Pretty much everyone used to smoke, ask your parents.

>tug boat
>a spaceship is a tug boat.
just because they are wearing comfy clothes doesn't make them blue collar workers.

It's the future though. Like how you need more and more qualifications for shit-tier jobs today. It's not too far-fetched to assume future engineers are blue collar

One of the characters mentioned he wanted to talk about the "bonus situation" and Sup Forums went ballistic. I also think some /tumblr/ wrote an article about it because it showed an underlying class struggle in the movie or something

>Doesn't make them blue collar workers.

They literally are blue collar workers, it's the premise with which Dan O'Bannon pitched the movie, and they already did a movie based on that story before that, it was called Dark Star. John Carpenter liked the blue collar guy angle so much he kept using for the entirety of his career.

Yeah, I know the scene but why did Sup Forums go ballistic?

This. They're meant to be space truckers really.
Hense the bonus situation. It literally shows that they're so low in the corporate totem pole they won't even get a bonus

Have you not seen the movie? All the crew members are concerned about before the alien is if they will get the bonus for retrieving the item the company wanted.

they were talking about retiring and bonuses all the time. It's more like the lines between blue collar and white collar jobs blur out when you are away from earth, kinda like being a field geologist or a petroleum engineer.

was anyone actually smoking while eating or were they having a smoke after a meal?

I don't know. I guess because a black guy doesn't get payed?

the movie came out in 1979.

>"Smoking" as we understand it

Fucking idiot that's "Synth-bac" or "S'bacco" a synthetic tobacco that gives a light dopamine hit. Not too dissimilar from drinking a cup of coffee to get a caffeine fix, except it's totally safe and non-habit forming. If you don't fucking know anything about the cinematic Alien universe you probably shouldn't be talking about it.

Also think about how many thousands of other ships and crews there were hauling payloads, I bet the ship's AI handled most of the difficult tasks and they just needed warm bodies for generic unskilled labor

like repairing a ship's systems and having a doctor on board.

When they first mention the bonus I think it was for returning two weeks earlier than scheduled, that's why everyone was pissed they had to stop and investigate the alien signal and they kept asking about the bonus situation because they wanted to know if they'd still get their bonus because the company ordered them to take this detour.

They're literally space truckers
Every single trucker on earth smokes and drinks heavily
>in the middle of nowhere deep in space
>not bringing a catto
Kek
Basically this

The only people who were talking about bonuses were Parker and Brett and it was only in two scenes.

>that's why everyone was pissed they had to stop and investigate the alien signal and they kept asking about the bonus situation because they wanted to know if they'd still get their bonus because the company ordered them to take this detour.

They were pissed because they wanted to just get home and they barley even complained about it.

Parker said he just wanted to party mannnnnn

to deal with the rodent problem, but serious it was more like the ships mascot

>light dopamine hit
>non-habit forming
how?

I think you're confusing Alien with another Dan O'Bannon movie

80's movie, for adults, meaning you get money from tobacco companies to have your characters smoke.

Still happens today though, Netflix did a lot of that in their early shows, like that Hemlock Grove.

It's the future where a gigantic FTL giga-Star Ship only cost a few million.

don't question it.

Why are adults eating cereal for breakfast?

80's movie, for adults, meaning you get money from cereal companies to have your characters eat cereal.

>You think this is a game? It's a way of Lieyf

>63000 metric ton ship
>only costs 42 million dollars
so that's what it would have looked like if inflation had never happened.

Ridley could've explored the corporate fuckery theme with the absolute god-tier lore developed about Seegson, shifted the focus, have the Xeno be a force of nature, immovable actor, so many possibilities. Instead, he turned out some half assed hybrid between Prometheus and an Alien parody movie with questions and themes nobody wanted. He really should've made it found footage to complete the insult to injury/

ridley probably thinks videogames are dumb.
it's a shame because A:CM is canon but Isolation isn't.

Isolation is 100% studio approved canon though, 20th Century Fox even gave them the original set bluepirints and design artbooks to work with.

More an observation on how utterly ridiculous mineral prices are on earth, considering there's billions of times the minerals just floating around in our solar system. So whenever interstellar travel becomes viable, all planetary economies disintegrate.

To say, scarcity is a total fucking lie.

they did the same to gearbox. The studio approved it because they gave SEGA rights to their IP CA devs just used the the aesthetics and expanded the universe while GBX tried to write fanfiction.

unless we can extract them economically scarcity is going to be a factor dumbass.

>So whenever interstellar travel becomes viable, all planetary economies disintegrate.

you need to keep the supply chain going. interstellar travel is one thing, having a solar system spanning logistics line is another.

>watch Fargo with Mom
>she smokes one after another while I'm sitting next to her and eat
>dat lingering smell of cold smoke

fucking. disgusting.

>while GBX tried to write fanfiction.
Actually Gearbox took the money and spent it on Borderlands 2. In the meantime they outsourced Colonial Marines to various 3rd(4th) party devs to make. Which is why A:CM looks like it was stitched together out of slightly different styles.

How did they not get sued into oblivion for that, i will never understand.

Probably because BL2 made bank. Enough for Gearbox to slip Fox some "sorry and shut up" cash.

>not having a nice smoke in the morning
what a bunch of fags

SEGA was the publisher dumbass

Oh My Fucking God. I'm so goddamn sorry. How can I ever repent for this travesty of semantics.