How do i into Dr Bizarre?

how do i into Dr Bizarre?
Any good arcs that are not ancient from the 70s?
any good 90s stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/araspaddej639ae/Doctor Strange Introductory Package.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he fell for the "all stuff pre-90s is bad" meme

i was 6 in 1990 reading spiderman. sure my nostalgia is not subjective but that's what i like.

Try

Strange's series basically crashed and burned in the 1990s with the disastrous David Quinn run. An attempt was made to revitalize with series with a run by Warren Ellis, but Marvel Editorial of the time fucked that up and Ellis only wrote one issue. The series was cancelled in 1996, and Strange only endured in the form of cameos in other series and the occasional miniseries, though the latter rarely sold well. The Dr. Strange title wasn't resurrect as an ongoing until last year.

The last truly good Dr. Strange runs were in the 1980s. You might like those, you might not. However, some of the miniseries from 1996-2015 were pretty good, and you might find them engaging. If you really want to dig into the best Dr. Stran runs, see pic related. Stern and Gillis were both in the 80s. Otherwise, I recommend this:

>mediafire.com/download/araspaddej639ae/Doctor Strange Introductory Package.zip

Put together by a friendly user following a week-long storytime, the Dr. Strange Introductory Package has been making the rounds on Sup Forums for a few years. It's intentionally aimed at new readers, consisting largely of self-contained Dr. Strange stories from numerous runs. It's in chronological order, and there's an author's note included that points new readers to the more modern stories that might be the easiest for them to engage with.

Holy christ, that was a lot of typos. That's what I get for getting up at 4:00 AM in the morning with only six hours of sleep.

God's work user. i knew co isn't that bad afterall. you guys are alright. don't go to Sup Forums tomorrow.

Sup Forums has good people. It's Sup Forums and Sup Forums that are filled to the brim with nothing but freaks.

And Sup Forums

there are some good things on Sup Forums. i have been redpilled, or brainwashed by them..
Sup Forums is pure cancer if you are not living and breathing %100 anime and don't know all the characters by heart.

>Sup Forums is pure cancer if you are not living and breathing %100 anime and don't know all the characters by heart.
>implying Sup Forums isn't the same
Constantly seeing things like
>Sup Forums doesn't even read comics
When someone doesn't know some specific detail about some no name character from 50 years ago.

And Sup Forums.

Sup Forums is surprisingly alright if you know how to read it. tv is dead because tv series, oscar drama cinema and popcorn flicks don't mix at all.

much better than Sup Forums still.

Read the stuff from the 60s. I'm actually not kidding, the Ditko stuff is some of the greatest psychadelic comic art ever and it pretty much set the standard for visualizing the Jungian subconscious.

Read Dr Strange and Doom: Triumph and Torment and Dr Strange: The Oath if you want the two most recommended books, I'd also recommend the New Avengers annual from 2013 I think that focused on him.

>Dr. Bizarre
That's clearly Orthodontist Odd

I think you're referring to Mr. Unusual.

>how do i into Dr Bizarre?
By not being Asian

>Good
>90's

pick one

>Any good arcs that are not ancient from the 70s?
End yourself

nigga you old

will give it a shot.

Looks like he got rode hard and put away wet one too many times.

doh ho ho

As someone that doesn't really know much about Dr. Strange outside of him working with random heroes how does the movie look? What do you hope for?

It looks... interesting. I'm withholding judgment until the second trailer, as the first one came out a week after shooting ended and they probably didn't have much in the way of effects shots ready to show off. I'm hoping the next trailer will show a lot more of the weirder, more psychedelic stuff Derrickson and Feige have been talking about.

My biggest fear is they'll condense Strange's training to a matter of months, or even weeks. I feel it undercuts Strange as a character to do that, to make him some sort of magic chosen one who near-instantly knows how to do magic like he's studied it all his life, as well as having his personality completely change over the same span of time. The JMS retelling of his origin tried that and it was fucking terrible. He needs time, time to both believably gain enlightenment and become a whole new person, and years of training to believably master such awesome powers. It's hard to sell that wise zen mystic stuff if you essentially got your magic degree at a one week seminar.

it doesn't get easier user. Not all of us will make it desu fami.

What if he hurt his hand because of the fighting during the first Avenger movie. Since it would be about 4 years. Still not a whole lot it's still better than just Matrix your way in learning magic.

>Any good arcs that are not ancient from the 70s?

nope. But that's your loss if you refuse to read some of the best comics Marvel published during that decade because your too much of a pleb to read "ancient" comics

It's pretty clear from the trailer they're sticking with the random car accident, possibly caused by his own hubris. It's just a question of when that's set. Is it present day, or was his accident some years before? Even then, will they still include enough time for his training?

There's basically three ways to deal with that.

1: Have him spend the appropriate amount of time training/learning to be a better person, which means the movie will have to have a big time skip at some point

2: The Matrix style cop out where he's the Chosen One and just instantly does magic really good

3: The Ancient One uses his manipulation of time abilities to make Strange's training take years while only months seem to go by in the real world.

I say X-Men and Spider-Man were up there with 70's Marvel. But honestly 70's and 80's Marvel might be some of the best cap comics ever written. Then 90's happen and it hit hard on Marvel the most.

>70s comics
>ancient
Die

>nope

The Stern run is one of his best, and it's from the 80s. Dat Montesi Formula.

honestly his current run isnt bad and its the best weve gotten since ditko excluding the minis

Guess we will find out when it comes out. As for weirdness I think Marvel is allowing more weirdness to happen in their movies. GotG felt like Marvel was doing a test balloon for some weird cosmic shit. GotG wasn't even that big but it was the weirdest they gotten up to that point and audience seem to want more. So I'm hoping that more or less gives the green light to more crazy stuff. But that is maybe just me being hopeful.

Are there any decent modern runs?

As mentioned earlier, he didn't have modern runs. His series ended in 1996 and only started back up in 2015. In the time in between he didn't have runs, just the odd miniseries here and there.

I think #3 is the most logical way for them to put Stephen's training in the movie.

I personally think after RDJ retires, Dr. cumonmyback will be the new "leader" of the avengers. Atleast that's what I hope.

Strange is generally better off doing his own thing. He shouldn't join the Avengers, just consult with/aid them from time to time.

No shit, Sherlock.

Yeah I can see Strange becoming the leader, Ants becoming the replacement tech suit guy with quips, and T'Challa becoming the new sugar daddy with all his money and more tech.

>after RDJ retires

Nah senpai, Spidey replaces Iron Man as smartmouth techie, Black Panther replaces Cap as wise, noble legend to his people, and Strange replaces Thor as expert in the supernatural.

I actually haven't read that much Dr.Strange stuff, but I'm kinda sad that it's another origin story.
I know it's basically the only thing that makes sense in current MCU.

But the thing I like in Dr. Strange stories is how he seems to be modern world equivalent of fantasy wizard in his tower, who then goes or happens upon super hero adventures.
I want to see Sorcerer Supreme, who deserves the name, who has great power and maybe little too much ego for a hero.

Maybe the movie manages to have some of those aspects in it's latter scenes, but I'm afraid that it will be mostly "how do I magic" and I have to wait for the sequel for the Dr. Strange movie I really want to see.

Is Ellis a huge Marvelfag? It seems like he has bad luck with keeping his stories going or only puts a few issues in at a time, but he keeps coming back.

I was there for those storytimes and it did indeed get me into Dr Strange bigtime. user knew his shit.
Id throw in Dr Strange Season One as well. Sup Forums seemed to really enjoy it when I stoytimed it.

>about to post "and /d/ and /trash/"
>remember they're actually pretty chill in comparison

When you PRETEND to know shit about that character, yeah. It's justified.

So, Sup Forums in general.

I love you.

Sup Forums is honestly no different from Sup Forums or Sup Forums, the only difference being is that they are aware of how shitty they are. Sup Forums still has its head up its own ass and blames anything wrong with the board on other boards, and thinks its shit doesn't stink.

Surely you meant Surgeon Weird

Nigga you are younger but I guarantee you will have wasted more years than he has on this Chinese board.

Was somewhat worried about how mundane the magic looked.
The writer has since gone on record that he loved the teaser because it was the very definition of a "teaser": we ain't seen the tip of the iceberg yet.
Little details like the first magic you see being cast bring astral projection and Strange's cloak having the novice collar instead of the Sorcerer Supreme collar make me feel secure that they know what they're doing and it'll be pretty damn good.

Jesus christ, how old are you, 15?

HYPERBOLIC

Sup Forums had always been shit but back before Avengers hit it big we were a slow board and shit posters were kept on a minimum so it was nice in a way.

The Doctor is Out.

I used to think that (and Feige has said something to that effect), but considering they've got Spidey, cosmic, will probably get FF back by then... I wouldn't be surprised if the Avengers simply becomes another franchise with a movie per phase rather than the tentpole franchise everybody else is in on. Just somewhere for Wanda, Vision, and Cap/Tony/Thor's replacements to show up.

This was the 90s when he was just some youngboi paying his dues and trying to land a job. A lot of his shit got prematurely cancelled back then. To the point where he started to take out the frustration on the characters themselves.
I get the impression he only writes shorter arcs now because he's become a big name and that's all they can afford/he can be arsed to do.

nothing compares to the smoldering tire fire that is Sup Forums

My problem with Season One as an introduction is that it's not very representative. It's all about a younger Strange who's still stuck between his arrogant former self and his enlightened sorcerer self. As such I feel it's not the best story to introduce a new reader too, since in a lot of ways the Strange in that story isn't the Strange they'll encounter elsewhere.

VILLAIN BINGO

Krazy Kaluu
Creepy Kaecilius
Massively Justed Modred
Manky Magus
Dastard Doctor Druid
Naughty Nightmare

Cheeky Uncle Chthon
Dirty Dormammu
Saucy Shuma Gorath
Zoomy Zom

>"I'm just here to assist."
I cordially disagree. It's all about a younger Strange evolving from his arrogant former self to his enlightened sorcerer self. Finely representative.

Dour Dweller-in-Darkness
Malicious Mephisto
Sneaky Silver Dagger
Unctuous Umar
Stinky Satannish

>how do i into
Fuck off tumblr bitch, stay away from comics. Your attitude towards "ancient" comics is disgusting and readers like you are the reason marvel and dc are publishing so much shit.

all dr strange is a artbook with a story. no kid will ever want to see this movie.

Well, I've always found strange a lot more interesting post-enlightenment, so spending so much of the comic with his former self did little for me. Plus, the whole magic rin plot was rather uninspired.

On the other hand, I really like what that story does with Wong.

Who? Professor Peculiar?

Are you kidding me ? I frequent all boards and Sup Forums is by far the nicest. You always get loads of threads full of genuine conversations where people actually articulate their response on Sup Forums. Storytiming threads, recommendations with people actually being helpful etc.

On Sup Forums you rarely get threads discussing videogames. The majority of posts is dedicated to shitposting, baiting or reacting to the latest tweet or whaterver on social issues.

Sup Forums is truly a cesspool. ALL THREADS are only filled with memey responses. They're only concerned about shitposting.

Quinn's run was great a few losers here shit on it here for not muh reasons

How old are you? 14?

Put up or shut up, user. What makes the Quinn run so great?

It had a distinct charm. I'll give it that.
However I was clenched and ready for the 90s to hit when I decided to read all of Strange. For people reading at the time, yeah. It hits like a ton of bricks.

What tipped you off, that line of blood drenched covers? Strange's alter ego looking like Spawn? Strange shaving his mustache and wearing sunglasses all the time?