Korra

Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show it is obviously superior to Avatar. It had better characters, cooler fights and Korra would kick Aangs ass. Overall the whole show is just way better and appeals to an older audience than Avatar. So Sup Forums why dont you like it?

I liked Korra, but this is an obvious troll thread.

Did Korra really need to have such big breasts?

only if you want people to be interested in the show

The things she wears on her arms should have been made of latex tbqh.

Man, I wish we got some more shading on that bitch. If you want to showcase muscles you need mnore than two tones.

Sauce

Attack on Train aka Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

But don't get your hopes up too much, she's usually conservatively dressed.

damn

This, Korra was fine. And Sup Forums still has weekly arguments on whether it was good or not so you can't say Sup Forums hated it.

I...i don't understand the question

>it is obviously superior to Avatar

Nah.

>It had better characters

Disagree.

>cooler fights

Eh, better animated maybe.

>Korra would kick Aangs ass

So?

But who knows, since the webm is from a preview, this might be the start of Muscle-chan being showcased.

But meanwhile you get an edgy preteen heroine who acts like Azula half the time. That's also fun.

Also Korra wouldn't beat Aang. She constantly loses fights, even with low tier goon enemies

>Korra was fine.

No it wasn't. It was a pile of crap that failed to live up to the hype Avatar fans built up for it and ended with a "progressive" message that overtakes anything else it tried to do.

What ever you say user, whatever you say.

Cool, thanks for agreeing with me.

>it is obviously superior to Avatar
b-but they're both Avatar...

Big breasts sell more tickets to movies and more ad time slots get filled at higher prices.

That's the main reason anyway.

Also, BIG BREASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat shit

Posting the worst part of the show why.

That's not really an image you should use while trying to convince us the show was any good.

>Attack on Train aka Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.
I fucking hate you people. The thing has little to do with attack on titan.

Your opinions are incorrect

No, they're not.

says the guy posting the firefly rip-off

It has the same creative team and it's also about humanity at the brink of extinction at the hands of a supernatural threat.
Even if the execution is different it deserves a little riffing for that.

It hijacked the show and actively made it insufferable. And desu it's not even interesting, it's just boring lesbians.

HurHur.
Sure they both take place in Feudal times and have steam punk elements but Attack on titan is structured more like a shounen. I guess you could draw some more comparisons as far as the enemies being hard to kill but I actually applaud the series for making zombies pretty threatening. And I can't stand zombies in anything these days. Calling it an attack on titan rip-off isn't doing it justice although I agree you are welcome to riff on it I guess but don't detour people from watching it accidentally. Its also a really well animated series. Like suspiciously well animated.

The world progressed too fast it went from 700 A.D China(well the rest of the world outside the fire nation) to the early 1900s America that technological progress in 70 years is just too fast, it should have taken place in a time scale similar to 1100 A.D China.

Korra has 0 character progression for the first season and her "character arc" had probably one of the worst resolutions I've seen in all fiction. I dropped the series without hesitation.

>700 A.D China
>1100 A.D China

Are Tang and Song China that different?

I like the show, I just don't waste my entire day shitposting on Sup Forums about it.

I finished the fabled season 3, should I even bother with the final season? It was a chore to get this far.

If you didn't like season 3, season 4 will not be even remotely worth it.

Imo season 4 is more dissapointing than season 1.

watch the last two minutes so you can be angry and truly join the cult of hatred.

I told you not to watch after S01, didn't i?

i Warned you. But you didn't listen. Now you know you have no other choice but to finish this piece of shit. Eat it. Eat it all.

Not even talking about that. It was dissapointing after episode 2 of season 4, and kept on being dissapointing up to and including the end.

The writers had no idea what they were planning for involving the characters, barring Korra. Bolin was constantly changing jobs because they didn't know what to do with him, and by the end, there's still no clear life motivation for him or what inspires him to live on. Mako decided one day to be police officer, despite the fact that prior to this revelation, he didn't express any interest in law, societal order, or even the safety of the public. Even then, he becomes a side character in the last season after he breaks up with Korra. Then there's Asami:

And that's pretty much it.

Yes technologically.

Korra is the ultimate example of wasted potential: the show.
It could've been great, but the writers squandered its potential every chance they got.

Why does Sup Forums hate her.

Avatar was kind of ground-breaking in that it established adult themes openly in a series that was directed towards younger people.

I've never watched the new one but I certainly wouldn't balk at doing so.

I personally don't hate her, but i hate bryke for ruining her show.

Others hate her because bryke ruined her and made her somewhat incompetent, even though she shouldn't have been. Some also hate her for acting stupid and barely developing throughout the show, though that's on bryke too.

She was wrong.

My biggest gripe with LoK was the focus on shipping, like it was Degrassi or something.

Which doesn't even make sense because shippers prefer it to subtle.

Friend of mine pointed out that Last Airbender claimed humanity learned bending from the animals, firebending coming from dragons, earth those giant moles, etc, which was cool then in Korra they burned that bit of lore and went 'Humans got bending from spirits! Specifically the giant turtles they all lived on! as the world was nothing like it is now because spirits!'.

this

leave her alone, Sup Forums, she's suffered enough

I despise pandering of any kind so this might not be the show for me.

It's like the smell of fecal matter but for the mind as a whole instead of the nose.

She's a better broody Superman than Snyder made.

>Imo season 4 is more dissapointing than season 1.
Yeah, book 4 was easily the weakest of the four even though it started out really strong. Basically when the focus shifted from being about Korra and her recovery it went downhill.

>korra's own father hasn't seen her in six months
>he reacts like "lol WOW i wonder where she is?;)" instead of panicking
>nobody cares to the point tenzin sends the kids on a wacky adventure to find her
>mako and asami acted more like they were reunited with a cousin they hadn't seen in awhile than with the girl they loved who had been missing for six months after spending three years in a wheelchair after nearly dying
>tenzin is basically a non-entity in korra's recovery even though he was willing to let himself die to protect her in book 3
>korra's hallucinations are never dealt with, it'll probably just be an angry spirit that asami will defeat with the power of yuri in the comics
>fucking wu

Keep your bullshit elsewhere you meme spewing fuckface.

Wrong

no!

If nothing else, I can say that the fight scenes are pretty amazing. It's not as flashy as TLA, but the choreography is on point and there's real sense of weight in everyone's attacks.

I actually like everything about the show except the writing. The writing is so fucking terrible and it brings the entire show down as a result.

can't wait for a girl korra knew as a teenager in the south pole to show up in the comics and ruin their relationship

>I actually like everything about the show

Even the bad animation in S2?

it wasn't without its charms

Way to compartmentalize his/her post you twat waffle.

I guess the "other than" totally slipped by your small mind.

Let's not talk about Pierrot's contribution...

LET'S USE PICTURES INSTEAD

Sounds awful enough that it could happen. Honestly though they should just drop the whole Korrasami angle as soon as the comics begin and just pretend they never mentioned it.

Work on your reading comprehension.
I was not talking about the writing, but the sub-optimal Jap-animation in S2.

FORDED WUN MIRRION TIMESU

It's outsourced to South Korea. Nobody animates anything anymore (in the west) outside of cute flash animations.

Studio Pierrot is Japanese.

The only way Korrasami will end is if Korra or Asami is getting together with a different girl, and I think the fandom's had enough of romantic drama that they wouldn't try to do that. Right now Korrasami is pretty much THE face of the franchise, its fans are scouring over every little thing that comes out for more of it- people were desperate to know if it would be in the FCBD comic (you know, the one about how Korra met Naga), people were pestering Zwyer to make a Korrasami statue, etc. UNLESS they can really prove why Korrasami doesn't work (and even if they do they'll receive backlash for getting the fandoms' hopes up with the art Bryan's drawn and that supposed artbook coming out for them) and have another girl for one of them lined up, they aren't touching it. They can't just say "well it didn't work out but they're still friends" or have one of them fall in love with a guy (God help them if they do).

Korrasami is here to stay, and I hope we're all ready for old lady Asami awkwardly offering the next Avatar driving lessons.

They are not

I know they can't do it now, but thats the hole they've made themselves. Besides if anything they still need to prove how it could work, and i don't see that happening for those of us who hate the pairing. And i can only hope that they won't be able to satisfy their retarded fanbase so they'll get a backlash for not doing it properly in comics either.

>Besides if anything they still need to prove how it could work, and i don't see that happening for those of us who hate the pairing
I'm pretty sure Bryke is not interested in making anything intended for people who didn't "get" it. They metaphorically sold their souls to the devil with this one.

Sure did. Which is also why i hope it backfires.

>Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show it is obviously superior to Avatar.

>it is obviously superior to Avatar.
I'm going to bite. In what way is it better?

Eh all of the LGBT people who had problems with the ship and Bryan's attitude after the finale were quickly shut out of the conversation, and I doubt Mike intends really do anything with the ship beyond them being cute and inoffensively vanilla.

Only way I can see them fucking it up is if Asami is quickly returned to her position as background fodder while Korra has more meaningful interactions with Mako (lbr she's never going to talk to him again because the Korrasami fandom will breathe fire every time one of them so much as looks as a guy) and Tenzin. Or they don't go with the fandom's interpretation of the ship where Korra is a moron who shits herself every time Asami so much as bats an eyelash in her direction, but actually depicts them as equals.

>Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show it is obviously superior to Avatar.

>The show that is only worth shit because of it's "progressive" ending.

>Pierrot Co., Ltd. is a Japanese animation studio, founded in 1979 by former employees of Tatsunoko Production and Mushi Production. Its headquarters is located in Mitaka, Tokyo.

Problem is, how can they give Asami a personality without pissing off the shippers. She is almost certainly going to be different from their headcanon if she gets a role at all. And if she doesn't get a role, that'll be a problem too.

For though there is obviously no way they could positively portray the ship since it's dead before it even began.

And they turned spirits from mysterious, pretty dark beings with unknown motives to happy happy multicolored animals.

It's worth less than shit BECAUSE of that.

Yeah I don't think the comics will get huge backlash but I do thing it has the potential to divide the Korrasami fandom.

People were complaining about pic related being OOC even though it totally isn't. You can ask a group of Asami fans what the character is like and you'll probably get a different answer from each one.

I don't know what I find so arousing from Asami.
I just want to bone her.

>ITT: instant replies

So no Asami performing pseudo-slaveplay on Korra?

I can dream can't I?

Yeah the only thing OOC about that pic, is the implied Korrasami. But i wouldn't expect people who only like the show because of lesbians to actually know the show or characters.

>HOL UP

or they could've made it a bit different, possibly more deep.

having it either be an outside influence, or many centuries later.

being a lot less about "the avatar" and more about industrialization and it's effects. (under the surface at least), yet not glorify nature as some sort of "good thing", nor even show it as a "balance", but rather just sort of neutral look as time progresses, and things change, often far beyond the control/ability of a single person to influence, that despite what "positive" enviroementalists and other fags say; you can't change the world, you might just be able to stop from being run over though..

Importantly you need to have guns, you need to have characters getting shot/shooting/being shot at, being scared of being shot, not being able to block or dodge.. Martial arts and traditonal lifestyles should not be fetishized, rather they should be shown as noble, but outdated, and outmoded by well organized, well trained soldiers with ""modern"" weapons.

Traditional societies/tree-huggers should be shown as delusional, as trying to block/stop the tides.

I think that "Princess Mononoke" did what Avatar was trying to do a lot better, (though it wasn't trying to fill primetime on an american television channel for x-number of seasons.)

It's been awhile since I've seen both, but thinking about it now, does anyone else feel like ATLA managed to be darker and more mature than TLOK? Death scenes aside of course.

She's a has-been, OP.

SHE'S NOT THE WAIFU SHE ONCE WAS, YOU HEAR ME?

Yes. But mostly because LoK didn't really deal with it's mature themes, it just kinda put them up and used them as cover to seem more mature.

I refuse to believe that anybody thinks that Korra is as shitty as 02.

I remember ATLA being a lot less goofy and silly than TLOK was too, or at least the humor wasn't as badly done.

The Japanese know how to handle strong independent women.

Treat them like the myths they are.