I'm super out of the loop - what's the deal with Ultimates now, and how is white Fury on the cover of an Ultimate comic?

I'm super out of the loop - what's the deal with Ultimates now, and how is white Fury on the cover of an Ultimate comic?

gentle bump

This came out like 3 years ago.

Fury was undercover and had a identity disguiser that made him look like white Fury.

Humphries Ultimates was really bad, then he left, there was an ok run, then the book ended, then there was a weird run with a completely different set of characters, then 616 and Ultimate destoryed each other, then Secret Wars, and now Miles is in 616 and so is the Maker (Ultimate Reed), and Ultimate Thor's hammer, but everything else is dead

Ultimates now is the only good book coming out of Marvel, despite being decried by Sup Forums as the "diversiteam". This is because Sup Forums are idiots.

The Ultimate line wasn't selling anymore so Marvel decided to scrap it in their biggest event since Infinity Gauntlet. The Ultimates is a cool sounding brand name that they want to keep a hold of however so there's currently an op pls nerf team in the mainline universe going by that name. It's really fuckin' fun and is probably gonna turn out to be really important in 2-3 years, you should check it out.
That cover you're posting is from just before that deicsion was made. So late Ultimate Universe Ultimates. Didn't read but from what I've heard things got pretty dang dire in the quality department. Seeing Humphries name on it does not elicit confidence.

Ultimates is the second best book

Vision is the best

>but everything else is dead
Not necessarily, Reed & Sue will get around to it (if they haven't already). There're just no comics depicting it anymore.

>This came out like 3 years ago.

I'm more out of touch than I though, shit.

>Fury was undercover and had a identity disguiser that made him look like white Fury.

Okay cool, that's...pretty funny. That's like Silver Age comic book cover levels of WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.

>Humphries Ultimates was really bad

Wasn't literally everything apart from Millar/Hitch? Even the little Hickman I read was subpar iirc.

Thanks for filling me in dude.

Ultimates is their best capeshit book. Better?
Any superheroing in Vision is purely for contextual purposes.

Ultimates at present consists of Science Superman, African Batman, Female Adam Strange, the Speedforce, Miss Dimension Door and Shattered Glass Unicron.

Is that Galactus punching a niqqa in the mouth?

Current Ultimates is crazy good. It seems like one of the few actual super team books right now. Avengers are the new kids, Xmen are the teen titans, Justice league is gawdy (God-dy? Lul), but Ultimates is superhero metascientists saying fuck space-time we need to save this dumbass Reed-iverse

>capeshit

Fuck man, I thought this was confined to Sup Forums.

>Reed-iverse

Tell me more.

No, it's Galactus The Lifebringer punching a fundamental force of reality in the mouth.

>Wasn't literally everything apart from Millar/Hitch?
Fiaklov and Hickman's were both good. Only Humphries and Loeb were bad.

This is Sup Forums.

The physical manifestation of the concept of order, to be specific.

>Galactus The Lifebringer

Okay, it's officially time for me to get back into comics.

People have been throwing that term around here for a while. I don't like it either.

lol, bad was an understatement for Loeb, my god

Made me look.

Makes me a bit sad inside tbqhmf

Basically is sort of 'Hmm I guess I keep reading' up until issue #3 or so and then GALACTUS' EXCELLENT ADVENTURE kicks in and the whole thing gets super meta and super great.

It's okay I'm only using it ironically.

>People have been throwing that term around here for a while.
You mean for over half a decade.
"Capeshit" has always been a term on Sup Forums, like "moralfag".

That is most definitely Galactus punching someone in the mouth. Master Order to be precise.

He and his twin disagreed on the subject whether Galactus should have been transformed into his present incarnation, and went on to claim they were above him in the cosmic hierarchy, whereupon the big G proceeded to lay down the law.