Darwyn Cooke's Spider-Man Storytime

Cooke was mostly known for his DC work but he also did a few things at Marvel. I already posted his X-Work, so let's read his Spider-Man, shall we?

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.ca/
heroinitiative.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yay

the style is so cutesy I can feel the level of my diabetes rising. Not thats wrong but it is definitely different than usual art style.

It's definitely more cartoony that his usual self but I like it, and it fits since these are very lighthearted stories.

Was Alonso the asshole who rejected his pitch for a kid-friendly imprint and later launched Marvel Age/Adventures comics?

Basically, yeah. I'm fuzzy on the details but I think what happened was that Cooke was going to have his own imprint and then Alonso moved forward without him, which pissed him off immensely, and led to the infamous beer incident.

What a fucking dick.

The Marvel Adventures books we got were pretty good, but yeah, I wonder how things would've gone with Cooke in charge. Surprised DC never made him a similar offer.

According to Cooke, the pitch wasn't rejected; they praised it heavily and then they never called him again. Then he finds out that they were going ahead with Marvel Adventures and probably felt like his pitch was stolen in a way. And that led to him throwing a beer in Alonso's face.

True, I've messed that part up.

Perhaps he was jaded, or the DC heads were in their "we make comics for 40-year olds" mode

>Perhaps he was jaded, or the DC heads were in their "we make comics for 40-year olds" mode
That's true.

Welp, I have diabetes now

I have never seen JJ depicted this reasonable.
Well I would have probably been to if someone saved me from three hours of some opera I didn't care for.

I remember my grandma buying me this book when I was like 10 or less

Face it Tiger, you just hit the delicious brown jackpot.

>J. Jonah Jameson will never take you on an adventure

As always, donations can be made to the Canadian Cancer Society:
cancer.ca/
and the Hero Initiative:
heroinitiative.org/

The previous stories can be found in Comixology.

RIP

thanks, op

Thanks

bump