You make sure it's spelled out in the landing scene that the atmosphere is 71% nitrogen...

>you make sure it's spelled out in the landing scene that the atmosphere is 71% nitrogen, 21% oxygen with traces of argon gas which is the same as Earth's atmosphere
>later on, inside the alien ship, your actors spend several minutes of screen time discussing the CO2 levels, saying that the air is breathable
>when Charlie wants to take off his helmet, you make Dr Shaw call him an idiot for taking the risk event though it's quite evident that there is no risk
>you make one of your actors in that scene say out loud 'it's cleaner than Earth actually'
>yfw you finally release the movie and your braindead audiences whine about the characters being stupid because they take their helmets off even though you did everything you could to establish it's safe to take the fucking helmets off

i wouldnt have taken off my helmet cause of fucking airborne diseases and shit

Here we go again

Fuck you, Ridley. I don't like you as a person.

Ditto. I hope you die slowly and painfully, bitch.

And Aliens isn't canon now.

Yeah? What did I do to you?

Say that to my face not online bitch and see what happens.

You think you're brave, but let's see how brave you are! Come on, just you and me and my Ridley clones. I dare you, fucker!

Calm down, Ridley. I enjoyed a couple of your movies but the rest (96%) is trash. It's not that you got old, it's just that you had luck.

Fuck you! Are you Blomkamp, right? I know it, you still mad because the studio don't like you shitty sequel of Aliens! If you want to make a project, atleast try to make a script not just put shitty concepts on internet!

I love you Ridley. Prometheus was a great film.

Ok I haven't seen the movie but doesn't a couple of them inhale deadly alien spores? Just because it's breathable doesn't mean there aren't other dangers in the air of an alien planet.

I loved the original Alien and its first two sequels. I loved the prequels too. Though you can stay mad and senile, Ridley, all you want. You are a piece of arrogant shit and nobody that knows you likes you.

Ridley why did you act like such a cunt when you won a best comedy award for your shitty space comedy

Because I'm entitled.

I loved the part in covenant where the teens drive right off a cliff yelling " Harry Potter can suck my dick!". Ridley Scott is such a skillful director.

thats not the point

It would still be extremely unprofessional to disregard any safety measure simply because their instruments tell them everything is fine. Charlie is a meatheaded jock when he jeaopardizes the entire mission on a hunch - LOL it smells good in here only nerds use helmets

Um, there could be pathogens in the air. But more importantly, they could kick up dust with any number of unsafe contents in it.

Noomi's boyfriend was an absolute retard.

Why can't you fucks just assume if there was ANYTHING dangerous in the air their super advanced space suits would have detected it and just enjoy the god damn movie?

>They take off their helmets AGAIN
>This time it fucks them over even more since alien spores fucking fly in their ears and noses

>Chick uses a space axe AGAIN to fight the alien

He's just trying to piss off people who complained about Prometheus right?

totally safe

BUT I KNOW THE GOO IS IN THE AIR SO THEY SHOULD TOO!

DERP

>STAR TREK

No one complains.

Because it's Ridley and the movie already sucks everyone's looking to pile on.

Also they have no idea what sort of viruses/bacteria might exist on this planet. Just because the air is breathable doesn't mean it's safe.

>no one complains about star trek

because the only people who watch star trek are manchildren with low standards

My point is it's just accepted so you should probably stop complaining about it.

>people paid money to see this movie
holy shit

>assuming assumptions

How the fuck was it possible to crash and destroy the engineer's space ship? if it can travel at hyper speeds then it must have some sort of force field shields otherwise just the tiny bit of dust grains would destroy it at such speeds >inb4 but the distance in space are so vast you would never hit one. That's a really stupid argument because the smaller grain could ruin everything by literally destroying the ship and it would be one of the first issues to be tackled when building an interstellar spaceship also the possibility that the shield wasn't activated is silly because then one would be assuming super advanced Enginner's ships don't have sensor to detect approach objects, even current human vehicles made by Ford have fucking proximity sensors used for parking since like 2012.

By the way in Dragon Ball Z when they train using extreme gravity, the sweat drops would literally drop faster than speeding bullets and be fucking lethal and destroy everything..

I would be afraid of accidentally inhaling the space wheat and then someone would have to chop me open with a space axe.

>just settle for subpar illogical shit lmao be glad they are making movies lmao

No the grains of dust would be destroyed. Same reason why if I stand in front of a speeding car I don't destroy the car.

Diseases on a foreign planet wouldnt be able to hurt you retard.

>horror movie
>characters make stupid decisions
>characters act without information the viewer has
>characters can't see stuff that we can

Trash. Come up with a better way to create tension.

>he had never hit a dog

protip, if you hit a dog at a moderately speed it can bend your bumper and break headlights and stuff, if you hit something bigger like a horse you're fucked, fucker is going to destroy everything and probably kill you.

The engineer's ships could travel at "hyper speeds"? whut.

And as for you're second completely unrelated point. If their bodies and everything else in the environment was already tough enough for that extreme gravity, why would a drop of sweat do any more damage than it does at normal gravity?

You seem like an individual of low intelligence

>what is the colombia accident

a small piece of foam blew a hole in the space shuttle's shell and caused it to blow up upon reentry

>why would a drop of sweat do any more damage than it does at normal gravity?

I seriously hope you re being ironic, just by your logic they wouldn't take any damage from fist, kicks etc.

its not about air its like this you dont fuck a unknown bitch form a club wihtout a rubber if you stick a thermomiter up her ass and it says 97.7 that dont mean you take the rubber off beacause shes the right tempurature the helmet protects against more than shitty air

It doesn't even matter because if you're going at light speeds you just pass through everything anyway. The light from the sun doesn't get destroyed by space particles.

Travelling at the speed of light requires a literal near-infinite amount of energy, its not even comparable to a car crash.

If that car hit a piece of dust at light speed that dust would rip through the car like buckshot hitting the roof of your mouth, triggering space-time warping sub-atomic explosions as it was ripped apart at an elemental level.

So is this series just going to become David tricking spaceship crew after spaceship crew until he winds up on LV426 and WY colonizes it?

Well not a punch/kick from someone who didn't train in extreme gravity. Isn't that how it worked in the show? Like would Goku give a fuck if he went to earth and some human punched him? Forgive me I don't know that much about DBZ.

goku got shot in the heart by a freeza grunt in the new movie/series and they also took damage from a rock in the cell saga.

What is the prequel to 'Alien' called?

>the atmosphere is similar so we should just take our helmets off

You know, air composition is roughly the same when walking by active exhaust pipes. Be sure to breathe in a LOT whenever you do that, OP.

WHO PLANTED THE FUCKING WHEAT, RIDLEY?

WHO FUCKING PLANTED IT? WHY IS THERE WHEAT HERE?

WHY IS THERE A GAY COUPLE ON A FUCKING COLONY SHIP? WHY IS DANNY MCBRIDE IN THIS FILM? FUCKING WHEAT

so why dont we send cancer patients to the moon then?

What about taking off your helmet inside of an alien ship?

they already have cancer stupid

It's funny how reviewers praise the "visuals" and "world-building" of Ridley Scott movies and make excuses for his shitty plots and writing.

so?

dont worry goy, we'll tell you the (((FULL STORY))) in the next movie, hehehe

>remember when people defended the plotholes in prometheus saying that it will all be addressed in the next movie :^))))))

If your entire movie is about an alien bioweapon wreaking havoc on an expedition, it would help if your protagonists observed basic quarantine, otherwise it ruins the tension.

they're already kinda hurt, it's like putting a bandaid on a missing arm

Perhaps there are unknown particles that are dangerously abrasive to the human respiratory system.

what about mars?

It's almost as if the characters didn't know as much about what was going on as the viewer...

one would think that they would err on the side of caution given the opportunity, not pull off their helmets on an unknown world

might work, honestly. Probably why we're trying to go there instead of the moon now

it's a great movie and i'm confident that ridley deliberately put the nit-picky shit in there to piss people off

>1896: Bacteria halts an entire alien occupation on Earth
>2017: I have readings that the atmosphere is like Earth, so who gives a shit about fully enclosed suits
H.G Wells would be rolling in his grave.
How sci-fi has fallen

It's still stupid to take their helmets off because of the obvious unprecedented biological element on the planet. Also, if you're pretending that was the only problem with the script, you're clearly trying to diminish its problems, probably in some sad attempt to legitimise this colossal piece of shit.
Scott did not write the screenplay himself, so there was no point to that picture.
Now, go make another thread about how the star wars prequels weren't that bad, or whatever gives your hipster protobrain a dopamine fix these days, you hug-deprived douchekit.

Just watched Prometheus for the first time. Wow. What a shitshow. So many retarded decisions. Even from the very beginning, people sign up for a two year mission... without knowing what the mission actually is. Somehow they get precise 3 dimensional coordinates in space from 2 dimensional, ancient drawings. Lets do a really terrible old age makeup on Guy Pearce instead of just hiring a fucking old person. The guy with the tracing-balls somehow can't find his way out before the storm hits. Vickers is the "captain" but apparently doesn't who the fuck is doing what or when so I'm not even sure what the point of her character was. For whatever reason David is given free reign to do whatever the fuck he wants since nobody ever seems to question where he is. Two "scientists" decide the best course of action when coming across a clearly threatening creature is to... touch it. Holloway doesn't think it is important to mention somebody that he has a FUCKING WORM IN HIS EYE until is too late ("just burn me lol") Fifield comes back as a space zombie that is magically not harmed by "space bullets"... only fire. For some reason the spacecraft has NO WEAPONS and must ram itself into the alien spaceship. Yet they had the foresight to bring weapons on the spaceship (like a fucking space axe, wow, great call). For whatever reason Shaw doesn't go back to earth to tell everybody what happened (lol no lets keep exploring what is the worst that could happen?)

I... I just can't

Absolutely, I'm sure that's Blomkamp there. He decided to visit Sup Forums to antagonize you specifically.

>wouldn't of

Hello, Reddit.

while I generally agree with you a few of these are nitpicks I can't really understand. Why is it so weird for them to have an axe on the ship? Something could collapse, they may need to break down a door if it gets blocked or whatever. Everybody says that but there are one million reasons why an axe could be useful on a spacecraft, especially when you consider the fact that there could be a power outage

Hello, cuck.

Wheat is an alien lifeform, it was a gift from the Engineers.

David is heading towards a distant planet, the juggernaut was left on the engineers planet, there is no way in hell he is the space jockey unless time travel is involved.

The axe wasn't weird. What was weird was that the pod didn't have a better weapon than a fucking axe. Especially since it is established that the crew brought weapons. Which makes it even more puzzling that the ship itself has no built in weapons or guns or anything like that.

>no counter argument

Alien covenant takes place 18 years before Alien (which takes place in 2122), taking space travel into account there is simply no way to end up with a fossilized engineer on a ship full of xeno eggs (which were created around 2104) on a completely different planet
At this point there is no way to connect this back to the original Alien without some severe ass pulling

David alone made Prometheus worth watching. A robot that is just a complete troll and does whatever the fuck he wants, including human experimentation.

Please be trolling

OKAY LOOK HERE RETARD

First of all, traveling at the speed of light requires infinite energy. Not near-infinite energy. Infinite energy. That's why it's impossible. Second of all, there's no such thing as a "Near infinite" number. All numbers are infinitely far from infinity.

tl:dr:
>I didn't understand it

>[dunning-kruger intensifies]

NIGGA DID YOU NOT SEE WAR OF THE WORLDS?

In star trek thousands of planets have already been explored by hundreds of warp-capable races, compiling huge medical databases, and ships are equipped with science-magic instruments that scan the planets for every potential virus that could threaten any one of the different species on board before landing. Even then, there are episodes where something gets through and fucks shit up.

Wow. You sure showed him

This.

Ridley is just a piece of shit who I wish would just go away.

Okay, explain why they hired incompetents for the greatest journey of mankind and then put them in stupid situations where they think it's okay to just interact with vagina snakes and poke around with it for fun?

If it can grow in you, it can kill you, even if it isn't designed to.

If it's carbon based and at all heat resistant, everything a microbe needs to grow is right there inside you.

And you have next to no biological resistance against foreign bodies your system hasn't evolved along side of.

(Nevermind what happens when the aliens are building bio-weapons specifically designed to wipe you out.)

That's not the point you fucking retard.

Only a complete idiot would take his helmet off on alien planet where they have no idea what kind of microbes or viruses my live there.

Especially inside some fucking alien abandoned complex.

It's pretty hard to understand why two dudes with perfect 3D map of the place got lost and nobody noticed until it was too late.

Or the same two dudes who were afraid as fuck of the place and sweating in fear suddenly decided to play with alien mutant snake.

Holy fucking shit, how did you get through basic education being so fucking stupid?

ITT: People who go to the movies and yell at the screen: 'DON'T GO IN THERE! THERE IS A MURDERER HIDING THERE! YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THIS BUT I KNOW IT AND I TELL YOU NOT TO GO ON THERE! OMG YOU IDIOT I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO IN THERE! THIS MOVIE IS STUPID'.

>took this pleb an hour to figure out what he wanted to use as an insult
What a pleb.

Pleb.

It makes perfect sense if you have an IQ above 100, pleb.

Of course they could. Yes nothing like a virus who needs specific proteins but life forms similar to bacteria or archea would simply attack your organic molecules.

Scientists would be on strict orders to not to needlessly contaminate a pristine site. It's the same reason we sterilize Martian rovers and shit.

Star Trek takes place in a setting where technology is magic for all intents and purposes and things like contamination are a thing of the past. They even acknowledge this in the Enterprise series where they show humanity not quite being at that point yet.

>going at light speeds you just pass through everything anyway
> The light from the sun doesn't get destroyed by space particles

It's this.
This is the reason. Because they shouldn't want to risk contaminating the only existence of extra terrestrials they'd ever found at this point.

It's like when they find the preserved head and just fry its brain with electricity until it literally explodes. At this point in the movie they don't know if they're ever going to find another one. They do some cursory tests and then just blow it the fuck up.

>No one complains.
people complain about that in trek all the time. Try again Ridley.

Microbes start growing inside you and leave their poopoo in your blood

>gay couple
You can't even populate a planet with just the crew of the ship anyway you dumbass.

Ken M, is that you? Big fan!