Teenage party, 1947

>teenage party, 1947

Why was everything so innocent back in the 40s/50s?

>inb4 butthurt lefty revisionists

Is that in a basement? looks awful

I was watching a Bill Maher clip today and he was saying how the country could be divided up into two groups: those who thought the 50s were great and those who thought the 60s were great. I think he was actually repeating what someone else had said, but he was right

The 60s were objectively better for the music alone

Yeah that looks a like a great party. Where everyone is saving themself for marriage and no drinking wow the fun to be had.

Oy vey, you might form genuine emotional bonds and have to interact directly with your personalities, free of any outside influence. Nobody will be drunk and fucking people they have no feelings for whatsoever! We must put a stop to this!

The 60s ruined my country f@m

this, break out the cookies and root beer, things are about to get wild

It's a photoshoot for TIME iirc

If you need to be drunk to have fun your personality must be shit.

Anecdote incoming:
I worked as an old people transporter in my youth, back and forth to hospitals and various clinics around the country. One of the regulars was a 86yo guy that required dialysis and I still remember this fun little story. When he was a teen he went to his girlfriend's (now spouse) house and it was customary at the time to have one of her parents in the same room, on said nights they proceeded to sit behind the old knitting mom and she jerked him from behind the seat. The end

indeed

Because there was 1000x more discipline prior to the Vietnam war

It was worth it for the music tho senpai

>Rolling Stones
>Doors
>Captain Beefheart
>Velvet Underground
>Bob Dylan

>The Jews ruined my country f@m

ftfy

Except I can do that anywhere else with friends. The point of a party is to have fun, not philosophical discussion on life you autists

>implying music matters more than a stable society without degeneracy

kek

Yes, because the only way a group of people can have fun together is with drugs and/or sex. Have you ever hung out with friends before? Or are you just so boring that just talking to you while sober wouldn't be any fun?

>captain beefhart
>good

trash please go

Gas yourself degenerates

Yeah, they ruined it via the sixties

No nogs

>Slowing down your mind by drinking poison is fun

Loser.

Where is the token negro?

The internet has destroyed culture

Italians have always been degenerates

They still fucked and got drunk.

>Muh stability

Greatness is all that matters lad

You do know that people drank like crazy back then right? It was easier. People have always been "degenerate," they just hid it more.

Maybe in your nigger paradise. My grandparents were farmers who went to church every sunday.

Calling me a loser for enjoying a substance in moderation only at social events? Okay bud no more projecting

>no negress twerking in the background
why even live?

Too bad greatness according to you is taking tons of drugs, drinking, and dying young

Inb4 some edgy nihilistic response

adds fun to the degeneracy desu

Why are americans so against alcahol?, you guys are basically brits, germans with a little irish thrown in, most americans ive met are dull as fuck too,someone explain please..

Looks extremely boring and tiresome

Maybe if they lived in the middle of nowhere. People have always gotten drunk and fucked.

>supporting Sup Forums-tier normie behavior

parking cars

>I literally can't have fun without poison and drugs

Fucking top goy right there

fuck off grandpa

time to stop wasting precious government funds and oxygen

Looks like their all getting fucked up on coke.

Good times.

>Brit asking why someone would be against alcohol

Can't make this up tbf

To be honest this doesn't look all that fun but I do see some of your point. Honestly though I've been to a party that looked somewhat similar and had a blast.

We got drunk, listened to "forbidden" swing music, danced the night away.

It's majority Irish/German btw. And using a message board full of "muh degeneracy" purists isn't gonna be a good start. These are just buttmad autists

You don't, but it makes it better. I use alcohol strategically at parties. I get really drunk early on then stop drinking, I get to act like a drunk retard for a few hours then sober up and fuck with people for the rest of the party, and if I go too far I have the excuse of drinking

You're in denial lad

>"I drink poison to make my mind less scary and unpleasant to myself, it helps me enjoy other peopls company!"

C U C K
U
C
K

None of the bands Iisted were nihlistic except maybe Velvet Underground

As you can see from above post Im against most drug use, but the greatest music so far in history was made in the late 60s

It's poison. That buzzy feel is your brain cells being starved of oxygen.

The greatest music ever is ethnic folk and classical, not your proto nigger beats and dirty hippies.

It's overbearing, suburban middle-class white mothers with nothing better to do. A group of them got the age raised because a kid was an idiot and killed himself driving. No one else cares.

The end result is just that Americans can't handle their booze.

t. person who goes to college there

>As you can see from above post Im against most drug use, but the greatest music so far in history was made in the late 60s
Actual retard/10. Those people were doing the most drugs and it clearly reflected in their music
Jimi, Janis, Mamas & Papas etc

Teenagers as we know them today didn't exist back then, they were just pressured into becoming miniature adults

Mad that I can't get blackout drunk and shoot heroin? You really believe that?

because "americans" are actually racemixed shitty immigrants without a real culture

why else do you think they are so fat and stupid

They still fucked and did shit. That photo was clearly posed.

Never heard of a shotgun wedding or a bastard before 1960?

>spic nigger hybrid arguing for degeneracy

Let me get a photo of this

Mothers caring about their offspring is so horrible.

/thread

FUCKING WHORES

>"muh degeneracy"
Why are you on Sup Forums then, shitter

>hippies

Again you are very uneducated, none of those bands were hippy bands

I did not list the Grateful dead or Hendrix or that ugly lady or the Beatles

Folk and Classical is great but what I meant is that the 60's were the single best DECADE of music history, and that is objectively true

t. music and art historian

Society on a per capita basis was a lot more moral back then

I have no idea why you're so bitter about others drug use - it's really none of your business. I live in a weed legal state and our pain killer related deaths dropped 25% and teen use decreased. Remind me how this is bad?

>None of the bands Iisted were nihlistic except maybe Velvet Underground

The Velvet Underground was extremely nihilistic for sure, but as a big fan of the Rolling Stones myself they were possibly one of the most nihilistic bands of the era, and believe me when I say that I know that era's music well.

A good parent would accustom their kids to alcohol. That's a shitty mom trying to shift the blame to the government. Besides, raising it accomplished nothing. If anything, it encourages binge drinking.

>Drinking alcohol is "degeneracy" now.

you don't see the shell shocked in any of those 'halcyon year' images

>music and art historian

A literal meme job, wow. Record sales are not greatness. Just because you think dadrock is the shit doesn't make it so

You fucking wogs really are a pack of sex mad perverts. You're like dogs

>it's really none of your business.
Spoken like a true degenerate.

Greatest? Hardly. Thats just boomers jerking themselves over muh greatest generation shit.

This triggers the kike.

Getting drunk is, the whole point of drinking alcohol for these degenerates is getting wasted, just because is edgy,

>ITS LIKE, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS MAAAAN

I'm actually mad the deaths went down since those people would no longer be leeching off society. We should have voluntary euthanasia for drug addicts.

I never said they didnt,

> 0 reading comprehension/10

How is it nihilistic?

Because people use that word in different ways, I'd say the Rolling Stones was very cynical but not quite nihilistic, they still had hope

because degeneracy means different things to different poeple, i seen degeneracy as faggots dossing around and underage pregnancys etc, people in this country have been getting drunk for hundreds of years, its only you boring fucks who seem to be against it minus the snackbars ofcourse..

Imbibing literal poison to feel good is degeneracy, yes. When you're older you'll understand. Your point?

You can go throughout life without alcohol and be perfectly fine, probably better. Your brain dosent stop developing until age 24 anyway. Early exposure to alcohol always leads to problems, always.
Why should a mother have to introduce poison to her child?

You can have a good buzz without getting wasted though, if you want to feel good. I don't get why they feel the need to overdo it.

Greatest is extremely subjective. I personally agree, but a lot of people prefer the 70's, at least outside of disco for the most part. The 60's WERE the most creative decade for music though, it's insane how hard music shifted then, especially between 1966-1968.

>not an argument
>strawman
>implying its my job

>Not an argument

"a good buzz" you are harming your body

>those people buying a tax regulated substance are literally LEECHING from us
right...

it seems like men were more handsome back in the day

what happened?

>tfw you will never be a chad

>you need to drink otherwise you're boring

I imagine that "Hello my baby, Hello my honey" song playing while she does it.

Nothing in that picture is innocent. They're just not as open about the nasty shit they'll be doing and saving it for after the party

Prove with 100% certainty that the 60's were the greatest whatever you claim, or fuck off.
Pro tip: you can't

The 60s also fucked up my country: colonial wars, marxist students everywhere protesting, heavy state repression because of too much protesting. The only good thing is that we were growing 5+% a year.

The Rolling Stones kind of swerved between nihilistic and hopeful, even within their own albums. Look up some of their interviews, especially from the late 60's, and they were extremely jaded and nihilistic about things. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby is a great example of a totally nihilistic song from that era.

nah m8, your probably boring with or without drink was what i was trying to imply..

Drug addicts are a net drain on society and in a purely utilitarian world would be executed d esu

Nope, I know it sounds hard but people had morals. If you stop it with muh dick every 4 seconds you could conjure some up

In what way? Drinking, when done correctly, is perfectly fine.

Have you?

>implying anyone on here knows what a modern day teenage party is like

You people find it hard to believe a time before drugs and teen pregnancy.

>in 60 years society went from illegal drinking being the worst thing at teenage parties to buttchugging vodka

By greatness I mean Creativity, Originality, and literary quality

Notice I didnt talk about what I like the most, just what I believe is the best

>tfw we might never have a year like 1967 ever again

>comply with my ridiculous standard of evidence or I win!!

Nothing can be proved with literally 100% certainty, you willfully ignorant cucklord!!

I think your right.

I guess it was a mixture of nihlism and other stuff, def heavy nihlistic influence

Is a long term harm. That's why i hate druggies, they can't see beyond 1 week

Playing with fire. You don't need it to live.