Been out of the loop for a while

Been out of the loop for a while

What is DC Rebirth?

Bump for interest

First off, it's not a reboot.
DC has realized the mistakes made with New 52, and now we're going to see if they're learning from them.
On one level, it's a shuffle of writers and artists. Nearly every book has a new team.
They're also bringing back some stuff from before Flashpoint. For instance, New 52 Superman is dying, and Post-Crisis Superman is taking his place.
Action and Detective Comics are going back to their old numbers, so we're a few years away from issues #1000.

I'm honestly not sure. From what I've read, it's a reboot (like the New 52 was), but also not actually a reboot at all. I think the DC universe is getting altered or something? I honestly have no fucking clue, because every article I've read online seems to contradict itself about just what the hell it even is.

In the real world, though, it's gonna be a new line of comics from new artists and writers.

a reset, all current issues will be ended, then everyone is getting an issue one.

Other than that not much is known, i assume it's basically like All new All Different and going to give peeps a new starting point for dc comics.

>Post Crisis Superman
>Still no red trunks.

Didn't superman punch a cop in the face last issue?

It's definitely him.
Maybe he'll get the trunks back by Action Comics #1000.

i hate the red trunk. it triggers the feminist in me. besides being just unjustifiably ridiculous taste

> New 52 Superman is dying
you mean the guy who keeps blowing off his load til he became a normal dude?

That's the one.
And because of that, there's going to be a Chinese Super-Man.
Feels like Reign of the Supermen all over again.

Also, the wording is ambiguous in the solicits, so there's some suspicion that he's just going to lose his powers completely.

What the hell does Superman's glorious iconic underwear have to do with anything that is for or against feminism?

desperate backpedalling to appease pre-New 52 nostalgia foggies

No? He melted a van full of recording equipment after some reality tv stunt went wrong and killed a man.

And during the Truth arc, New 52 Superman punched a cop that was possessed by some kind of rage symbiote after he started attacking civilians and Superman was at like 10% strength at most.

I thought Superman went to a black lives matter protest.

It's bait.

But ignoring that, as long as they find another way to break up all that blue, I'm fine with them not giving him trunks. The trunks were supposed to make people think of circus strongmen. Since that's cultural connection really doesn't exist in modern times, they might as well phase it out like other out-dated design trends.

Protest yes, BLM no.
Though he could have hooked up with a cute black chick.
Give me a minute to see what it was about exactly.

Weren't they protesting how superman had been unfairly treated? It was all about how he lived among them and it was wrong to suddenly start treating him like an outsider.

Here we go, it was basically a block party because "holy shit, Superman is our neighbor".

Other highlights include-

Also this.
Issue #41, it was a nice issue altogether.

A desperate publicity stunt just like New52.

but that's what the superheroes are!

This is what I was talking about.

>The trunks are outdated
>But the giant blue onesy is just fine

That's just silly thinking.

That's from issue #42.
They were attacking the block party.

And this was his justification. And then he started firing tear gas grenades at people.
Also he was being controlled by someone working for Vandal Savage.