Why are the first two Spider-Man movies so good?

Why are the first two Spider-Man movies so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-REDUvGR64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why are the first 2 spiderman games so good?

superman is gay because he's too OP, and batman is gay because he's too dark and brooding

this captured the allure of the spiderman comics well, and there hadn't been a spiderman movie worth a shit in forever

because Sam Raimi is based af and one of the few directors of sheer unadulterated kino

They werent. No one likes a emo cry baby Spiderman.
Amazing Spiderman was infinitely better

They paved the way for capeshit

Maybe in a vacuum they're not good but they were the first of nu-super hero movies and therefore beloved

I truly believe that Spider-Man and Iron Man are the GOAT Marvel films, and TDK and TDKR may prob be the GOAT DC movies, but above all on that list is the first spoodman
>if we're ranking GOAT to JUST (or best to most corny) superhero films it's
>Spiderman GOAT
>Super
>Kick-Ass
>Superhero movie
and you guys could figure out the inbetweens and what not, but other than that first spiderman was the first and best superhero movie I've ever seen.
Also
>growing up in NY whole life
>Twin towers in spidermans eye reflection
>rip ;(
Also, hopefully my last also....
This movie along with The Mask, each and every character carried such power along with them, like such balance Each time they showed a random citizen talking about spiderman EVEN in Raimiman 3 there STILL WAS THAT BALANCE. Everyone had their own personality and their own silly corny way about themselves. >the way spiderman would jump into frame, and you'd see his sheer determination and focus in his face.
BRAVO TOBEY BRAVO
these were the "inbetween capeshits"
They were obviously better than any silly 30 year old man in spandex running around punching baddies, but also at the same time better than.....The Avengers......and many more

I'd argue that only the second was really good, but it came from having a strong villain role, a decent plot and characters, and the right blend of serious/fun

what the fuck would a true-to-source Mask movie have looked like?

They aren't good. In fact the first trilogy of movies were absolutely shit. The first SM movie gets a pass though.

They follow the same shitty plot line every time.

>i'm spiderman
>wahh my life sucks
>woe is me
>tfw no gf
>meet new villain
>gets ass kicked by new villain
>turmoil at job
>dig within
>muh uncle ben
>DIG DEEP DOWN AND FIND YOUR INNA STRENFFS PETER
>suddenly is super man
>beats the fuck out of new villain ez pz
>gets the girl
>job problems turns out okay

Literally every fucking time and yet normies and idiots claim the movies are great kek absolutely shit, at least the Amazing series did something different. Also, that bitch eating in the 2nd movie was pretty GOAT as well, so good shit on them for doing that.

it's an allegory for puberty bruh

Probably the best person you could've ever had play Doc Cock
lol what's wrong with S3? Too much fun?
Although S2 had
>pizza time!
S3 had
>dance scene
>emo
>three villans
>sand dude
>awesome harry taking up the mantle of being gobby
>epic wedding ring scene
>mary jane shoved to the floor
It actually does still carry strong words from Aunt May, she even warned him about jealousy and anger how it was a poison and it'd eat him alive....SO JUST TO CLEAR THE AIR
TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH SPIDERMAN 3 I REMEMBER BEING HYPE IS SHIT AS A LITTLE KID GOING TO SEE THIS
>that epic final battle
maybe I need to rewatch it too...anyway
HARD MODE
tell me what was wrong with spiderman 3 ONLY USING PICTURES
Ask nostalgia critic
jk
something with that guy who directed spawn
Same practical effects, gory, edgy, maybe one of the writers who wrote deadpool and some of the animators from that...keep jim carey for sure..maybe not......another question...could anyone play a better Stanley Ipkiss?

And the cascading difficulties piling up.

>t.sony executive
TASM franchise was so bad that it's the reason why Spider-Man is now in the MCU and why Andrew Garfield decided ignored the executives in the Brazil conference and walk away from the possibility of a universe around Spider-man.

That doesn't make it any less shit.

If you want GOAT capeshit movies:

Batman Begins
Iron Man
Constantine (despite what faggots say)
Hellboy

Raimi loved and understood the appeal of the characters.

Nice outfit, did your husband did it for you?

The bitch eating in AS2 or S2? I can't remember what scene this is you're praising
also again ,that's the point! The corny dig down deep within, tap into yourself, speak to a dead loved one, get inspired again, it's your classic zero to hero, then hero to zero, then zero to hero story bro! the plot may seem silly, but that's the point like I said! He overcomes his problem, no extra razzle dazzle, it shows how much of a normal dude he is too, no exo suit or steroids, or any other bullshit, just heart and courage!

Leave capekino to Raimi

>The gunshots keep killin' niggers dead
>And just like the kike whose nose is too big for his head
>Spics are eating lead
>Those gunshots are killin' niggers dead
>Fags keep fallin'

>So I just did me some shootin' with my gun
>And I said I didn't like the way liberals won
>All these civil laws
>My gunshots are killin' niggers dead
>Fags keep fallin'

>Because I'm free
>No jews worryin' me

>It won't be long
>'Till the holocaust welcomes me

>Gunshots keep killin' niggers dead
>Because the white race will soon rise proud once again
>What a day it'll be 'cause
>Der Übermensch will reign again
>We'll soon be free
>Because of Mr. Raimi

Holy fucking shit. How did Sony let this racist, antisemitic, homophobic shit through the filters?

They feel the most like actual comic books unlike most other capeshit movies while having that unique Raimi directing style.

In other words you can tell they actually had a lot of love and care put into them without a lot of studio interference unlike the third movie unfortunately.

Toby Macguire was actually a pretty big deal at the time your youngins.

OG Spiderman was hotly anticipated and for the most part delivered in our more simplistic "every capeshit doesn't have to be dark and brooding" early 2000s

FUCKING EXACTLY, THE RAW PRACTICAL SUPERHERO MOVIES
>throw TDK on there pls, it just made the cut
never seen constantine
and yeah just throw Spiderman on there and you'll be good lmao
add a few more too that I can't remember

EVERYONE ON Sup Forums HAS SUCH A WAY WITH WORDS ;)
Except TDK and batman begins.....WAIT
WAIT
WAIT
WAIT
WHO THE FUCK FORGOT TO MENTION KEATON OR KILMER BATMAN
YOU FUCKERS
THATS IT
ITS TIME FOR A NEW HERO
TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT TOP GUN 2
IM HIJACKING THIS THREAD
WITH NO SURVIVORS
youtube.com/watch?v=8-REDUvGR64

>"You know, Peter, with great power comes great responsibility. Rudyard Kipling called it "White Man's Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the reaponsibility of the master to discipline the servant."
>Ben looks directly at the camera.
>"The niggers, the spics, the chinks...It's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the elm tree. The Day of the Rope is near, Pete. We'll have every nigger in this country dead or in chains in 10 years, and may God have me shot in a carjacking this very night if I'm wrong. God bless the American Nazi Party."

>"hey nigger im gonna rip your head off and shit down your neck!"

jesus christ times were different then

>If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
>Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

pottery

>Dr. Connors: "You know, Peter, I just flat out do not like blacks. I guess the liberals out there may call this 'racist' but the fact is I just prefer the company of my own race. Why is it when a negros consorts with his own kind, it's called 'bonding' yet when I consort with other whites I'm being 'exclusionist?' I'm certainly not a racist. I dont hate the coloreds, I just think we'd all be happier if they were sent back to Africa."
>Peter: "Dr. Connors, why are you telling me this?"

They have heart instead of focus groups

Is it weird that I don't remember any of this?

It's only on the first edition DVD.

It got recalled when people found out that if you type "1488" on your DVD remote it unlocks the so called "Furher Cut"

It's missing on most versions, if you didn't buy the DVD in 2002 you likely will never see it.

>Furher cut
Explain please.

O H N O

D R C O N N O R ' S C L A S S

I fucking love The Mask. Edge City is so fucking surreal and all the characters have their own quirks and motivations.

The mask was a fucking awesome movie I'm glad you loved it....AND SIN CITY, only watched very little of it, but I know exactly what you're talking about.