Do we agree with a (((vice))) article?

Do we agree with a (((vice))) article?

>it's the reddit of movies

sounds like she uses Sup Forums

No, I really like Fight Club

It gets a bad wrap because most 15 year olds use it as a modern day Communist Manifesto but Fight Club has some really good commentary about modern values and ideals. We are so focused about what we have, our social status, etc

Never trust anyone who is the term scathing indictment

But Pulp Fiction is the Reddit of movies.

>i took fight club way too seriously when i was a teenager and now in embarrassed by it so i go to the polar opposite

That's the Sup Forums of articles.

>((()))

how can we be contrarian if the normies are contrarian?

do i have to be conformist?

fight club is a instant classic, I really don't get why somebody could write an article like that, just don't know anymore

This. Fight Club is a solid 7/10 at the worst, an 8.5/10 at the best.

it's fedoracore trash for sure

omg megan pls post u r feet

>Fight Club

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough "LMAO IT WAS ALL A DREAM" shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

Besides The Crow and Clockwork Orange I like all those movies

>bladerunner
>fedoracore
I doubt any redditors watched the movie in one sitting, just looked up a review on their favorite subreddit to form an opinion around

Id say it was a good book. Wish I read it before seeing the film.

damn, fedoras took all the good movies then

Is Megan Koester, dare I say, /our girl/?

From a list half full of utter fucking shit you pick out two actually good movies.

read the book and say that shit again, fuckface

the movie is a complete departure from the author's intent

>a woman doesn't like Fight Club

Shock?

>Woman
>Not understanding Fight Club

Hmm.... Really activates those almonds

>fedoracore:
>boondock saints
Catholic gunmen?
>big trouble
Kurt Russell films cannot be considered anything except kino (exception to Death Proof because it's Tarantino)
>old boy
Admittedly the Raid was better, but Old Boy was good
>Drive
bait
>LotR
Tolkien was a genius and Jackson did a decent job
>taxi driver
More of a Sup Forums movie than a reddit flick
>clockwork orange
Kubrick is kino
>idiocracy
Nobody has heard of this film, making it kino
>falling down
see taxi driver

good bait post, saved

the book is a worse book than the movie is a movie.

even the fag author admitted that.

It's not and the author literally said that the movie does it better than the book.

Chuck even admitted his book was shit compared to the film.

>Fifteen years later idiots still don't get the point of the movie.

hahah nice meme well done

Vice is literally "haha I can say 'Fuck' in journalism" the news. I haven't read this article, but I'm willing to bet it involves an unhealthy dose of complete lack of self-awareness.

I don't normally fall for bait but this rustled my jimmies something hard seeing Sin City there.

Lemme guess.

>Somethin something patriarchy something toxic masculinity

Right?
I refuse to give Vice clicks.

hahah nice meme well done

i wonder if she comes here for the BLACKED threads

>roastie hates the movie that tells men that women don't have to be the focus of a man's life

the matrix is still great tho so what's anyone's point even

Is this real journalism?

im shocked and impressed that the author of a vice article used reddit as an insult

>all these redditors outing themselves

You should've just bitten the bullet and let Fight Club take the hit. Now all your IPs have been recorded, redditor scum.

It's mediocre at best.

HAHAH bro you do it again! the reddit meme is best meme

>nobody has heard of idiocracy

I give reluctant Vice clicks but ad and script block everything to not empower their advertisers, but yeah that's exactly it.

Vice and Reddit, idk which I hate more

What's the problem with indicting consumerist culture though?

Being materialistic is for women and fags anyway

The only good movies on this chart are Drive, Clockwork Orange, and Blade Runner. Only one of these is great.

I bet she's the one posting all the BLACKED threads

>my good friends on the television board of an anime image forum are quite numerous and mainstream indeed

I unironically think most of those movies are good, except for OldBoy, BattleRoyale and Ichi the Killer

Vice is the reddit of internet journalism

>Army Of Darkness
>Big Trouble in Little China
>somehow Fedoracore

Nope, she's a die hard feminist who sees reddit as a place full of misogynists. That's why she hates Fight Club. Because there are misogynistic messages in that movie. She probably doesn't even know that Sup Forums is a thing and if she ever found out she would have said: ''It's the Sup Forums of movies."

Pic related.

>even the MSM is beginning to turn on plebbit

No one wants to associate themselves with website that is 95% advertising

So, for the most part, fedoras have good taste in movies?

you misspelled "really good"

>all these new users
what the fuck happened to this board

That would be me if I was 12 this year, but I was 12 in 2007, back when hating Bush and conservatives was cool, and le anonmouse army was kind of lulzy
I guess the alt-right is popular among the edgy kids crowd in middle schools?

Unironically yes they do. This is because they spend all day watching them, so they inevitably wind up watching shit more adjusted people wouldn't.

Most people watch what's in theaters once and then occasionally turn in Netflix and stream whatever's trending while eating/talking over the show until they fall asleep.

They don't go back and watch recommended movies, unless it's one they've already seen and then they just turn it on as background noise until they fall asleep but not before posting a pic of them watching it on Facebook.

This is what all my normie friends do.

Oh no, the author's intent. Whatever will we do?

I'd like an actual answer why some of those movies are bad.

Vice is literally the reddit of whatever the fuck they do

100% of the douchebags they put in front of the camera are reddits, those behind the camera are reddit, their entire staff is reddit

Are you stupid ? That's a fucking bait

Yeah dude, fuck slashdot. Myspace is for normies. We're hella cool, bro

Not an argument. Give me actual reasons, please. I'm asking nicely.

idk if i missed them but assassination of jesse james and in bruges need to be on this. good movies, but fedoracore at is fedorest.

Vice was literally founded by hipster redditors and is run by hipster redditors
I want vice to go back to it's 2012 documentary days

The only problem with fight club is that the movie changed the ending which ruined the greater point of the book.

It isn't about a social manifesto or about a way of life. It is about the ennui and nihilism that has dominated many men's lives in the past 50 years.

If you actually buy into Tyler's revolution then you're buying into an anti-thesis just as empty as the thesis it was a reaction to.

Do you know how a bait works :') ?

You see, pleb, it's a fucking baitpost

deleting your posts when everyone has 4chanx and your typo wasn't even noticable is pretty reddit

but yeah I agree vox is reddit af

I hate this site. Back to redit.

"Fedora-core" refers to films that are popular among adolescent teens to young males who perceive themselves to be on the fringes of society. The films that are usually mentioned, such as Fight Club, The Boondock Saints, or The Dark Knight, appeal to that sensibility, although the films vary in content, quality, and popularity among all groups. What unites them however, is a common theme of alienation and chaotic/glorified/ violence. Simply put, you could say that they are united by their nihilism (think the main character from notes from the underground). Characters like the Joker, Tyler Durden, Donnie Darko, Patrick Bateman and even Travis Bickle are relatable or ideal characters in the minds of these people.
>Examples: Drive, Kick-Ass, Dark Knight, Taxi Driver

The second type is pseudo-intellectual and pretentious bullshit that pretends it's much more complicated than it actually is. These movies are designed to be actually really fucking simple, but still just complicated enough (or have a complicated enough twist) to make plebs feel clever when they watch it.
>Examples: There Will Be Blood, Fight Club, Idiocracy, Cabin In The Wood, Matrix

The third type is high-budget modern schlock. Stuff that's 'cool', 'awesome' or 'manly' on the most superficial and juvenile level. Shit that falls under the same category as "SHARKS WITH LAZERS!" or "MUSTACHED JETPACK FIGHTS!". These movies tend to be gory or comedic or bloated, or all three.
>Examples: Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Trouble in Little China, 300, Pacific Rim

>tfw you're a bi guy so you got to escape planet stupid cunts on spaceship gay butt stuff.
>don't have to pretend to care about women's opinions anymore.

They hate it because one of the messages of the movie is that women shouldn't be the center of men's lives
Literally the only female character in the movie is nothing more than the fuckdoll of the main character

Cool... what if you just happen to enjoy them?

good, and don't come back

Tyler isn't a nihilist thats the point of the point. Nihilism is the narrators reaction to both society and Tyler's bullshit.

REEEEEEEEE

>Catholic Gunmen
Edgelord power-fantasy
>big trouble
Good but probably Carpenter's memeist flick
>Old Boy
Shit
>Drive
One of the only good movies on the list
>LotR
Shit
>Taxi Driver
I also like this but it's been co-opted by edgelords and autists
>Memework Yellow
same
>idiocracy
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay
>falling down
GAY

What the hell no she didnt, did you read the article?

People need to get over themselves. The only reason people don't like Fight Club is because they liked it when it came out or they liked it when they are young and now they think they've grown up. It's basically maturity-signaling.

so basically any movie that is even slightly popular?

This is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen posted on Sup Forums. I was surprised you didn't unironically use the term 'sheeple' by the time I reached the end of it.

If thats the list of any movie thats slightly popular then you need to go back to Sup Forums or imdb.

Daily reminder that Vice is considered one of the least coolest brands by today's youf

they are literally making a comeback

>your family dynasty will die because of you

>One of the only good movies on the list

Where did this pasta come from? I'm asking because I think I might actually have written it a couple of years ago. I've always been a hardcore defender of the Fedoracore chart. At least a couple of the lines look like something I could have written.

>Kicking Brad Pitt while he is down

wow he must have really pissed the hollywood jews off somehow he is getting hit peice after hit peice on him in the media now

>Drive
>One of the only good movies on the list
That's literally a meme movie senpai

>literally designed for maximum triggering
>Putting movies like Saints and Equilbirum with Kubrick, Ridley, PTA and Cuaron.

Drive is kino fuck you pleb.

The funny thing is that when Vice calls things reddit they mean it's racist, far-right, anti-feminist, contrarian....basically the exact opposite of what Sup Forums means when it calls things reddit.

I can understand growing out of it and it getting old, but some women really have a weird hate on for this

I never said they were stupid for doing that. You don't have to heavily invest time in movies to be smart user.

Most of the same people I called normies had other hobbies. Watching a ton of movies wasn't one of them.

Well it's a movie that has lines like "we don't need women", so I can understand why some women might have a problem with that. Imagine if they made an all-female movie where it's all women except for one man who the lead character fucks and they're constantly dropping lines like "we don't need men". Sup Forums would have a heart attack.