Vision is a machine of murder

reminder that if Falcon didn't move out of the way, he would have been dead

considering how when Vision's beam scraped Rhodey's armor it melted it AND destroyed the reactor, we can assume that if it hit Sam's jetpack, it would have gone through it and then through Sam's head, and possibly Rhodey's reactor too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So one less nigger.

I really don't see the problem here.

here's a pic showing how the beam went through his armor like a hot knife through butter

i don't get why when he saw the beam miss he didn't turn it off

my guess is that it's actually plasma and not a laser

it looks really similar to when Kylo Ren managed to stop the bolt of energy mid-air

also as I said, we saw it continue its path after hitting the target

Actually Vision was a double agent and intentionally took out Rhodey. It's subtle, but you can see it. Especially during that "but I didn't think you could be distracted" conversation.

Turning off a laser doesn't stop the light that was already shot either.

>named Vision
>misses

>TFW Vision shot War Machine on purpose

Why doesn't War Machine have backup power ?

It is the Mk2 Armor, more or less.

they just confirmed a new MCU movie to come out in 2020: Vision

Swapped it put for a minifridge.

This scene ties directly into one of his few other scenes in the movie, and it's easy to miss how that's important if you only watch it causually or without paying attention.
Vision establishes early on that he is uncomfortabe having the mind stone in/on him. He describes it as having a part of himself he can't fully control (or at least that he is worried about this.
(Side note, I suspect this will come up much more so later, maybe when Thanos tries to take it, sort of "one ring" type situation, where Thanos is sort of the true master of the gems)
Additionally, Vision is established as a character that does not like fighting, he is much more inclined towards contemplation and talking shit out, but will act when necessary. He is also very inexperienced (not in terms of skill, though that is also questionable).
I think what we are supposed to understand about Vision in this movie is that he is uncertain of his place, not just on the team, but on the planet. He tries to create a niche for himself with Wanda, but that is ended abruptly. He is also very unsure of himself, and of his ability to ma ipulate the mind gem.

So, with all of that in mind, we have the missed shot that cripples War Machine.
In the battle, Vision is notably absent often. This is probably because Spider-Man was added, but I think from a story-telling perspective, Vision (realizing he isn't sure of his ability, and perhaps questioning his decisions) has somewhat removed himself from the battle after the initial thrust. In the moment he is asked to take out Falcon, I suspect he is 1. distracted (he says so later), 2. Unsure if he has made the right choice, 3. Unsure of his ability to control the mind gem.

*out

There's not a lot of space in those suits, if you want to keep the shape.

Part 2.

Add to all of this that it is the mind gem being used here. It would make sense to me that the mind gem in particular would require concentration and focused intent to use correctly, and lacking that it would become unreliable (too powerful a beam, aim is off, etc.)

Of course it could also just be a plot convenience, but I suspect that the three key vision moments from the film (his discussion of the mind gem, his confrontation with Wanda, and his failure in stopping Falcon) are all building towards something, probaby in the first part of the Infinity War (since the Avengers will have to fail to stop Thanos, who will presumably unite the gems).

Just an idea though, maybe there was something cut that better demonstrated this (or something else).

Rhodey was hurt because it blew up his arc reactor, meaning he fell to the ground in free fall with none of the safety functions in his suit working.

If he had hit his target, Sam's backpack would have blown up and we would have glided safely to the ground with his wings

It would have only taken out his thrusters,allowing him to still glide with his wings but hamper him from being able to keep up

I don't think those wings were designed for unpowered gliding.

EDGY

>almost half an hour without taking such obvious bait

He was too horny for wanda. That's fucking all

you bring up some very good points

some anons are also saying it could have been Wanda's fault but the gem didn't start glowing red like in the Hawkeye fight

anyway, speaking of Thanos, I wonder if when he takes the gem Vision would die or become a robot with no sentience or maybe just lose his "soul" i.e personality and become like white vision from the comics

Yes, and Wanda will bring him back to life.
Seems like the obvious path story wise.

It was more like this, considering how high up they were, and Vision was on the ground with Wanda.

yes it does

Which leads us to assume that
A) Tony knew that Vision could have killed Sam OR
B) Tony is leading a team of super powered individuals whose limits he is dangerously unaware of, which is literally exactly the thing he's fighting AGAINST making him once again a huge hypocrite

>considering how high up they were
could Optical atmospheric diffraction be a factor? I don't think they were high enough for it to matter considering Falcon was able to breathe just fine

of course, vision could have just missed because of plot

>my guess is that it's actually plasma and not a laser
It's the mind gem. I'd be surprised if it's something as quantifiable to humans as either of those things. Don't forget, these are the remnants from the birth of the universe itself. They're more like linchpins of their reality than any technology.

if the beam was a laser it wouldn't have mattered bc it would have reached Falcon and WM pretty much at the same time

I meant that it seems like Vision's beam is behaving as a projectile, not a laser, this is why I brought up Kylo Ren

>, but I suspect that the three key vision moments from the film (his discussion of the mind gem, his confrontation with Wanda, and his failure in stopping Falcon) are all building towards something, probaby in the first part of the Infinity War (since the Avengers will have to fail to stop Thanos, who will presumably unite the gems).

Goddamn, user. This isn't your average wacky fan-theory. You actually might be right on the money. My fully erect nerdboner distracted me from the dialogue during the paprika scene. I was just so thrilled to basically see Wanda & Vision awkwardly flirting in the Avengers mansion to actually notice what he was talking about.

Am I missing something, or did Rhodey do shit all in this movie but job? He didn't put any appreciable dent in anyone on Team Cap and mostly just got tossed around before being Vision'd and crippled.

I'm sure they weren't that lined up. When Vision got attacked on the ground he was moved to the side AND down iirc, so maybe War Machine was way off the original path.

he had a cool scene where he destroyed the plane boarding tunnel thingy when giAnt-man was about to hit him with it

I honestly can't think of anything else he did other than just look cool and give rides for spidey and BP

Supressing fire, mostly. Plus, he technically arrested Cap.

In his defense, with the new cast, most of the old cast's job is, well, to job.

These are the good black guys, user. Not the pieces of shit perpetuating ghettos and ruining everyone else's lives.

Yeah, my basic idea is that Vision's inability to control the mind gem (probably the last one Thanos will need) will lead to Thanos defeating the Avengers, claiming the gem, which will kill Vision. Low point of the movie, everyone else runs away, Iron Man calls Cap, end credits.
Wanda will bring Vision back without the need of the mind gem in part 2.

But he's a cool, not-raping-Swedish-women (not yet), jetpack-flying nigga

there's a difference between a black person and a nigger, user

>He shut down the street fight between Cap, Bucky, and Panther. (Granted they were surrounded by cops, but it was his arrival that got them to finally stand down)

>He helped take down Giant Lang with Tony and Spidey

>He also fucking unloaded his entire payload at Scott once he got fed up, which forced Lang to use a walkway as disposable cover. It didn't ultimately do anything but still looked cool as hell seeing him fire off his entire arsenal

>He would have intercepted the Quinjet if he didn't get fragged by Vision.

All in all, a respectable outing from Rhodey, considering Iron Man 3:
>stuck in the lamest fucking armor by his superiors
>rused and then had his armor jacked
>uses his own armor as a glorified escape pod for the president
>gets cockblocked by Tony and isn't allowed to use any of the Iron Legion suits

and in Age of Ultron:
>he spends the party scene lamenting his lameness in comparison to the Avengers
>doesn't show up again until the very end with the helicarrier, and gets completely upstaged and outclassed by Vision

So yeah, in Civil War, the movie with the most characters, he got the shit end of the stick. But it was still better than his other appearances, and he had more screentime and ultimately more relevance than some of the others (mainly Hawkeye and Ant-Man).

>the plane boarding tunnel thingy
>walkway

they're called Jet Bridges, anons

Yea one pretends he's civil until he can't take it anymore and chimps out and the other doesn't need to play pretend

thank you for clarifying, airport employee

Would it also have crashed that plane?

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME

>Vision secretly harbors deep racism towards black people

That explains why he didn't care at all about Wanda's casualties in Africa, or the fact that he never interacted with Black Panther. Not once. Hmm...you may be on to something

with no survivors

/thread

that's a big picture

Sure, sure

But where's the symbolism? At what point can we compare his actions to Jesus?

UUUU

you have your own team movie you should be working on right now, go to bed Zack

How about that time Wanda buried him? Can we assume he rose three minutes later?

mr. Snyder, I believe it is time for bed

>Vision hating black people
>not Wanda "nigger killer" Maximoff
m8, Vision's aim wasn't wrong. Wanda fucked it

Woah woah, I'm not Zack Snyder. Why would you assume that? I'm not Zack Snyder. I'm absolutely not. I'm just a comic fan just as much as you guys. I just really want to discover the symbolism, you know? Deeper meaning and all that.

I'm not Zack Snyder.

Yes, that works. I will take that. Thank you fellow comic fan. Does anyone know if there was a prison rape scene with Scott Lang that was deleted?

finally someone with some artistic vision!
I just couldn't sit through this movie, all these people wearing costumes in broad daylight and actually talking to each other. And no one was having sex. What the hell? How many women were in this movie? Aren't these people adults? I mean, seriously. The movie's called Civil WAR and the bodycount was just so low. I couldn't believe it. Also not Zack Snyder btw

Tony said he wanted Vis to turn his suit into a glider.

He was aiming for the jet pack element.

Falcon would have fallen a lot slower and safer than War Machine.

yeah, it's called CIVIL war, of course there would be no bodycount

Would he have fallen faster than it would've taken for the laser to reach his head?

check OP's pic, it would be pretty hard to hit his jetpack without also hitting his head

>OP's pic

>somehow this is also Tony's fault

Fucking Capfags I swear

It's hard to decide who is more racist.

"Mind gem nuke on every spook" Vision or Kaz "fulton a coon and I'll pop the balloon" Miller

Holy shit

Zack Zack! While you're here I wanna ask you a question?

Can we keep Superman dead at least for the duration of Justice League Part One?

Is there a character who doesn't kill people in the MCU though?

>he never interacted with Black Panther
literally saved BP's from being crushed by a bus

Betty Ross

Kat Dennings's character
although I'd love to be suffocated by her dennings

youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Thanks for the info. I'm not really big on the Marvel movies, but from what I've seen, most of the heroes kill people. Are there any heroes who don't?

Daredevil and Spidey.

He actually was aiming at the jet pack part so he couldn't fly but could still glide. Tony explicitly asks him to do that

Did you miss Iron Man 1? A mini arc reactor is the only thing that can power the suits and they have to be in that spot.

There is no place for a back up.

Yeah. Vision's probably afraid to get too involved. Note that of the 3 times he actually did anything in that fight, 2 of them nearly killed someone accidentally, (when he knocked over the radar tower and almost crushed Steve and Bucky, and then when he tried to disable Falcon and hit Rhodes instead)

Even if he wasn't we see in WS that if the EXO Falcon's flight is disabled it can purge the wings and deploy a chute to get the pilot safely to the ground.

Where as the Iron Man and War Machine armors don't really have any safety features of the reactor is destroyed in flight since they're really hard to destroy.

why does veronica have like 7 reactors? they're not all in the chest piece

He also took down Wanda with the sonic blaster and helped punch out Giant Man.

If you count Giant Man as a team effort he's actually tied with Panther as taking out 1 of Cap's side each. Rhodes took out Wanda, Panther took out Hawkeye, and Tony Panther and Spider took out Giantman together. I guess you could count Tony taking out Falcon but Falcon pretty much gave himself up at that point.

If that were true he would have fired a splitting beam and hit both of them.

Definitely Wanda "mow down Nigandans with my Honda" Maximoff.

why don't the armors come with a manual released parachute? seems like sensible thing to have ever since the first iron man movie.

Why didn't Tony bring a few dozen suits, even without pilots?

He just had the one with him.

Fuck, you are right. Falcon could of have seriously been hurt.

>Vision establishes early on that he is uncomfortabe having the mind stone in/on him. He describes it as having a part of himself he can't fully control (or at least that he is worried about this.
At the very least, even though no one else on his side actually blamed him for the accident, Vision DOES. Rightly or wrongly, Vision believe he was responsible.

>Am I missing something, or did Rhodey do shit all in this movie but job?
He didn't have anything on him that he could use at the airport, other than a stun baton and the sonic cannon. Neither are his primary arsenal. He was just too lethal with his gear.

> Wanda fights Thanos and pushes her powers to new heights, using dangerous levels of Chaos Magic.

> Wanda brings him back to life using mind powers fuelled by Chaos Magic.

> Wanda slumps into a coma following such intense use of CM, Strange has to extract the excess power before it kills her.

> Vision has a new body (white) and mind but no memory of who he was.

> Strange also has to remove her connection to the mind gem to contain the chaos energy.

I've often wondered how these pictures are made. Is there a program for it, or do you manually place every picture

"Wanda...we both hate the niggers...but people have got suspicious...I mean look at Lagos...it's good what you did, but it looks kinda...bad. We need to pick off the nigs one by one, carefully...slowly. I'll take one of them out, I know you like that."

Wanda literally saved BP from killing Bucky.

This is fucking clever.

vision was aiming for falcon's engine to imobilize him

war machine told him to turn falcon into a glider.

are you morons literally deaf?

>Wanda and Vision join the KKK as part of their foreplay

I honestly haven't thought about this until now, since they clearly said that the intention was to make Falcon just a glider, but even if Vision had hit Sam, his backpack wouldn't have stopped the beam and it would've hit Rhodey anyway. It would've hit the both of them.

I guess Vision really just was distracted, or Rhodey just wasn't aware of Vision's position and thought he was flying behind him

This is fucking GREAT!

he was "an active non-combatant"
he was trying to cut down the use of suits/drones for Pepper

All those hard angles.
Are you Caliborn

how about you design a suit of power armor where the somewhat fragile power source isn't open on display

Why didn't Iron Man just blast Falcon with that nonlethal blast he hit him with when they were on the ground?

Why didn't War Machine just fall back and take out Falcon and let Tony go after Captain America and Bucky?