Doctor Who General - /who/

Young Master and Doctor, World and Time Enough Kino Edition.

Previously on /who/

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Times_Doctor_Who_Was_Ruined_Forever
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anti-Canon
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Milk_Market
poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/44688
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DOCTOR DRUMPFFY IS KING OF THE DALEKS!!!

#RESIST MY FELLOW WHOVIANS OF LEDDIT!

Fuck your bedtimes.

I want to tell Narvin that everything will be alright.

Any likely candidates for the new Doctor like Capaldi was?

Essential Nu-who Kino

9th Doctor (All of series 1)

10th Doctor
The Girl in the Fireplace
The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit
Human Nature/Family of Blood
Utopia
Silence In the Library/Forest of the Dead
Midnight
The Waters of Mars

11th Doctor
Time Of Angels/Flesh and Stone

12th Doctor

Listen
Dark Water
The Witch's Familiar
Heaven Sent
Mummy on the orient Express
Flatline

>shits on Knock Knock but loved Oxygen
Bajo confirmed for good taste

His series would have been GOAT.

When will people admit Matt Smith's run as the Doctor was terrible? he had so many bad episodes it's not even funny.

Series 5, literally the only good episodes is the Weeping Angel story. Series 6 and 7 have no redeeming or even decent episodes. I feel sorry for Matt. We get all this talk about Capaldi being the Doctor who suffered from poor writing but the reality is, that actor who suffered was Matt Smith who had some of the most idiotic, and ill conceived stories to work with out of any actor to portray the Doctor in the entire shows history.

Not enough ass fucking?

>Vincent and the Doctor isn't GOAT

What's that first symbol? A depiction of a mosque from London circa 2039?

>getting an active MP to appear on their fucking Doctor Who fan show
HOW DO THEY DO IT?

Oh shit in less than a few months we're gonna be analyzing the spoiler pics for series 11, fucking surreal.

early concept drawing

I want Moffat to get out of my library.

The better question is WHY do they do it.

Rove had the acting Prime Minister on his talk show years ago. That was a big deal at the time.

Ten looks an awful lot like Herbert West there

Wonder if shes a hot babe now?

If she stayed in show business or something active and didn't let herself go.

I think this is her.

So, apparently not.

do you love a bit of ELO /who/?

The first Doctor and the first Master interacting is exactly the kind of thing that I'd be hype for, in any other medium. But seeing it in the new series sound like hell

I really disliked Eleven. I also disliked Rory and Amy, I think they are my least favourite companions in the entirety of Who.

Zombie spacesuits killing future humans. It turns out the company was responsible.
>Who the hell are you?

S6 has GMGTW
S7 has nothing

The only people who like vincent and the doctor are tumblrites who get off on how the episode related to how 'depressed' they are

I like The Big Bang because it has Amelia and the plot moves fast and concerns the main characters not a bunch of guest actors.

Why do they keep calling him the Doctor? He said his name is Basil Disco.

because he worked hard for that degree and goddamn it you will show him some respect

Go back to Tumblr. DW has been shit since le fish custard

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Times_Doctor_Who_Was_Ruined_Forever

>not since "le the original article"

Step up the bait.

Bah, newfags. Remaking the pilot into the broadcast version of An Unearthly Child ruined it forever. The Doctor being an alien instead of a 39th century human inventor? No fucking thanks.

Quite the accurate list.

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anti-Canon

>Enjoying the pilot version of An Unearthly Child
Pleb.

Once they scrapped Webber's draft for that Aussie's crap version that led into some faf about cavemen, how can you even call that Doctor Who?

I'll keep the original, classic Doctor Who if you don't mind, and you can keep your show with "Ian" and "Barbara" in place of proper companions Cliff and Lola.

So what's in the vault

Foon

Why doesn't our wiki have a page on this?

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Milk_Market

Who is the 13th doctor

See

>it's a "Nardole stops the episode multiple times to inform the audience that he is straight" episode

I don't mind that he's straight, but why do they have to push it in our face like that? I mean, Paul Cornell was straight, but he didn't have to keep beating us over the head with his straight agenda like that hack Mathieson.

I totally agree with you. Like, I have straight friends and everything but I wish I could sit down and watch an episode of Doctor Who without having their agenda shoved down my throat.

Indeed. They should have done what they did with Bill. Was her sexuality relevant? Nope, and it wasn't mentioned.

Though the quality of stories was bad, you can't deny that Smith's run felt important. The amount of drama made the show feel like it mattered and that the whole world was watching, which is something Capaldi's run has sorely lacked. It feels as though everything was building to a crescendo with Day of the Doctor, and everything since has been inconsequential.

This thread seems worse than usual

That brings me to something I thought the other day--the lack of Time War angst, and the completely normal companion, makes this show feel a little less epic than before. That should change with the 3-parter, but this is the first time in the show without the undertones of Time War angst, or a pre-existing connection due to the companion.(Even Series 8 had the "Clara and Doctor figure each other out", while Series 9 had "Hybrid and Me arc, and 12 and Clara's glory days".) Now it just feels like random adventures, which is good, but

Having a few good episodes set during the time war wouldn't have gone amiss

>forgetting a lot of 11th kino
The Eleventh Hour
Vincent and the Doctor
Amy's Choice
The Pandorica Opens
The Doctors Wife
The God Complex

It's important for us to know that nardole has the not-gays

"now"

LOOK AT ME

*looks at you*

Well I think you're exaggerating in retrospect for the sake of it, I have always been bothered by Moffat's obsession with himself, something which was more apparent in Smith's run.

All his Doctor Who run has been about HIM and leaving his mark on the show, and it really shows in the episodes relating to big season arcs.

Paul Cornell >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jamie Mathieson

You literally cant fight that statement

Should I watch The Leftovers?

time waits for no man.

but death waits for everyone...

#WorldEnoughAndTime

So will Baldie Master become canon in the upcoming Master story?

Hello, HELLO, hello!

Anyway, why don't we stop and have a nice little chat while I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me? I don't think!!

I think Rick and Morty is more your speed

Hello, HELLO, hello!

Anyway, why don't we stop and have a nice little chat while I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me? I don't think!

The God Complex is very underrated.
It had a great atmosphere and the best "Could-have-been-a-companion-but-nope" ever.

It's Joseph Gilgun.
The BBC won't make a public announcement before august.

It was fine, but... Minotaur? Seriously? Could've made a fantastic feature film, thriller, but in reality it's a Doctor Who episode.

It was fine.

Would be cool to fill some of the spaces in the Master's incarnations
Heck, i'd like the asian Master to be on screen too

Flesh out ShotaMaster from 11th Doctor Year 2's character

You can't, you really can't

So the Master had more than a shota persona? I don't know what this could mean

Basically, in 11th Doctor Year 2 there was a Shota Master in the Time War. This incarnation served absolutely no purpose except for the twist that "Oh no, the little boy was The Master all along". I personally found it to be obvious and added nothing to the story.

reading the writer's tale. Why does RTD want everyone to know how horny he is all the time? I can't even imagine how this would fly if Moffat wrote it.

He also had a partner at the time.

I want to say it: series 10 is letdown so far.
The Pilot was good episode which gave me hope, but every episode after that just feels exhaused, slow and very unoriginal. Like a four safe bets for a average Doctor Who episode.
Even Mathieson's.
I am a big fun of his Mummy, but Oxygen wasnt very good. What would be considered average filler is now "kino" and "series saver".
And about the Cliffhanger - its bad. Super cringy line, not to mention there are around two million ways to restore his eyes.
Surpsingly the only episode that I can enjoy this series is Moffat's work, so I have high hopes extremis.

>Super cringy line
that's just your autism filter

I actually think series 10, is so far the best since 5.

Go to bed Steven's son

So what's up with shortage of side characters in this series.

The only side-character that had any personality was Landlord, and it was still pretty flat.

I liked it.
It had it's ups and down but I found it mostly good.
Some stories were underwhelming but in some the character interactions was nice and kinda saved them.

That's not very hard to acconplish, user.

Moffat and his current crew cant write characters except for Doctor and Master, and honestly they dont give a fuck. X

wait what

H E A T H E R

Presumably a reference to Missy-in-the-vault.

But I'd hope a few nerds take a look at this too.
It might help them out a bit, Marvell demonstrating how to use a woman's own narcissism to get her into bed.

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/44688

Heather has zero personality.

Missy will actually be revealed to be The Rani

I AM HILARIOUS

Must say that i like the idea of having strange incarnation of the Master