Critically acclaimed comic

>critically acclaimed comic

Ah, yes. The Aristocrats by Garth Ennis.

>no fun allowed.jpg

It's this sunday right?

Fuck you nigga, Preacher is great. Ennis has had his name on some serious garbage, but Preacher isn't among that garbage.

Whooooooooooooooooooshhh

Never trust comic critics. I picked up a couple of volumes of Wicked+Divine and Y the last man and was thoroughly disappointed with both.

Y was fun but it was nowhere near as good as people would lead you to believe. Wicked+Divine on the other hand was straight up shit

>All comics must be ultra serious with no joy or light whatsoever
Don't you have a DC movie thread to be in, fa/tv/irgin?

yes, ennis sucks. what else is new?

Literally the only good Ennis comics are his Punisher works

Bullshit.
You know you want Crossed on TV.
With big. Floppy. Horsecocks.

>Y was fun but it was nowhere near as good as people would lead you to believe.

This was my exact response to it. It had some good moments, but a lot of it was extremely lackluster. It was also kind of jarring how early in the series, the artist could only draw one female bodytype. So everyone from the Culper Circle chick to literally the MC's mom had the same slim superheroine body. Also, that Culper Circle thing. The comic really could have functioned with just saying "CIA" or some other, existing agency, without trying to sell us a superduper secret agency with no real clear directive, but where every operator has a number instead of a name. Silly gimmick.

Shit, I could go on and on with this. Y is full of little flaws that keep it from reaching great heights, but it never drops the ball completely. It just fumbles it often enough that it becomes annoying.

this

Looks like an idea a middle school student would have come up with.

i want crossed as a kid's cartoon and toned down too

im not fucking joking

Well, they already turned into a kid cartoon a comic about a bunch of trolls eating humans on a daily basis and having adopted a human girl, so I am not considering it an impossibility.

WTF is preacher about anyway? Random shit and HITTING WOMYN IS BAD MKAY?

>Critically acclaimed comic
LOL

Not even Ennis' magnum opus.

Friendship and brotherhood.
It's not even subtle, come on.

It's about macho men being macho men and punching things to sort out problems, religion is bad m'kay, god is worse m'kay, Murrica Murrica Murrica, and Cassidy (the one good character in the entire series).

>lies to sleep with his girl
>Cassidy (the one good character in the entire series).

is this what passes for good for the trailer trash who reads this shit?

this_kills_the_buzz.jpg

You have to conisder that Preacher was supposed to be an over-the-top satire in the age of dry non-self aware cape comics. I thouroughly enjoyed preacher and think its a great satire on 90's American culture, reducing it to the point of "ITS MACHO SHIT" is missing the point, as over machismo characters almost always die horrifically in most of Ennis's works.

>he hasn't read Hitman

Maybe user mean Cassidy was a good character as in "well written" rather than "good person".

Preacher outright deconstructed toxic masculinity user.

Is this Rover Red Charlie?
Haven't read it, is this what I should expect out of it?

Homeward Bound in the post-apocalypse.

Expect Crossed from the POV of dogs.

I guess I should clarify is that no, that's not what you should expect.
The main story is 3 dogs trying to find safe haven in the post-apocalypse.

That panel just shows the villain, who only shows up near the end and is more in line with a dog version of Horsecock....raunchy but effective.

a fictional work can't deconstruct anything because it in itself is open to different interpretations