Huh. I'm actually really liking the aesthetic of this movie

Huh. I'm actually really liking the aesthetic of this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Acfk6dzv7Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHbOc5ii3w
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98
youtube.com/watch?v=9L7mZH2u3Qc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All the cold hygienic science laboratory stuff counterpoised with elements of gauzy future-gothic.

And the industrial-y guitar riffs, and all the clean martial execution, and that black dude's cool voice.

And Michelle Rodriguez's dead-eyed tough bitch expression. And corporatism. And 'toxic' aesthetics. And the game-ic way the movie is structured.

It's all sick, I'm loving this.

This and retribution I'd say are my favorites.

Don't get used to it, it's the only half-decent one out of all of them.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7Acfk6dzv7Q

what was the best alice outfit

OP here. It got less interesting when it just become more of a zombie-shooting movie, but I still kind of liked it.

This. First was ok, then more and more slow mo and stupid shit turn up.

This is some Sophie's Choice bullshit, how can you ask me such a thing?

First movie is super great popcorn cinema.

Have you seen Underworld series? Give it a try. Also Blade series with Wesley Snipes.

I enjoy goth nu-Vampire schlock. Queen of the Damned is still terrible though

I suppose Alien: Resurrection is kinda similar too. Also Death Machine.

>this xD

Good music and set decoration, also decent cgi for the time. I consider it a cult movie. Apocalypse and Extinction are watchable.
REs from this decade - utter tripe, Paul Anderson really dropped the ball.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHbOc5ii3w

First Resident Evil is stealth-kino. DOOM is also incredibly watchable if not downright good.

the intro music is superb

I like creepy Umbrella Corp

After the first one came out everyone complained it wasn't like the games, so he started copying the games almost exactly. Unfortunately the games went to complete shit.

New games are retarded but a movie in the style of the first game could work really well. The trouble is that you'd probably need some weird fuck like Lucio Fulci to get the tone right. It's the kind of tone and story which is simply impossible to recreate now. What was cheap and dingy then looks too different to what's cheap and dingy now. That old kind of dirty dilapidatedness is gone from movies for good, for better or worse.

The first is the best but all the sequels were at least enjoyable, my favourite was Resident Evil: Prison Break

>It's all sick,
Is there an anti virus?

Definitely retribution, the one with the tight black slutsuit

That one is the only "good" one. I love the intro of the movie. The zoom in on that room with him manipulating the virus while that amazing Marilyn Manson music plays in the background. The dogs from this movie used to give me nightmares.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

kek

The theme of the first RE is severely underrated. I think the first film actually has great atmosphere. Not a great movie, but it's pretty entertaining. I actually like Apocalypse quite a bit, based Kretschmann elevates any movie he's in. None of the RE movies are great, that goes wihtout saying, but they're normally entrertaining at least. Extinction and Retribution were the only ones I thought were both shit and boring. The guy that plays Wesker is pretty amazing.

I put them in the same category as Blade and Underworld

youtube.com/watch?v=9L7mZH2u3Qc