How many nuclear post-apocalypse movies and which can fit into the same universe without contradiction?

how many nuclear post-apocalypse movies and which can fit into the same universe without contradiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After#Reaction
imdb.com/title/tt0483607/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all the mad max movies could work in the collective universe since there's no other apocalypse movies based in australia

Most of them can fit into our universe because Drumpf has the nuclear codes.

Haha this. I used to be a drumpf supporter but the shit he's been doing since he took office changed my mind. Seriously we can't let him have the scoopular codes

Nuclear winter theory has been debunked for years as being largely contained and more like a Nuclear Fall, blah blah blah, technically you could have dozens of localized nuclear holocaust zones and most people in surrounding areas outside of the direct zone would just have an increased risk of cancer due to fallout, blah blah blah, the ride never ends.

Recommend me some good post-apo movies, Sup Forums. No indie shit.

Dead End Drive-in

Fits into Mad Max

Terrific movie, too

Mad Max
The Road Warrior
Mad Max:Fury Road
The Road
Damnation Alley (Yes it's cheesy af, I still like it.)
Night of the Comet (Not a nuke war but it's still post-apoc)
The Day After because of it cultural impact in the US
Threads for the same reason in the UK

Panic in Year Zero!
On The Beach
A Boy and His Dog
Fail Safe (technically doesn't count as it's the leadup to a nuclear exchange but still worth watching)

2019 After the Fall of New York

>Night of the Comet
mah nigga.
Awesome movie and top cuties in there

Yeah they were total babes, ironically without Night of the Comet there likely would have never been a Buffy the Vampire Slayer as that movie was quite an influence on Sensitive Joss Whedon.

>no one mentions The Rover

I'm mentioning it now

>because of it cultural impact in the U
what impact?

Wiki actually covers the impact pretty well but I'll excerpt a bit of it.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After#Reaction

President Ronald Reagan watched the film several days before its screening, on November 5, 1983. He wrote in his diary that the film was "very effective and left me greatly depressed,"[19] and that it changed his mind on the prevailing policy on a "nuclear war".[21] The film was also screened for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. A government advisor who attended the screening, a friend of Meyer's, told him "If you wanted to draw blood, you did it. Those guys sat there like they were turned to stone." Four years later, the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty was signed and in Reagan's memoirs he drew a direct line from the film to the signing.[19] Reagan supposedly later sent Meyer a telegram after the summit, saying, "Don't think your movie didn't have any part of this, because it did."[6] However, in a 2010 interview, Meyer said that this telegram was a myth, and that the sentiment stemmed from a friend's letter to Meyer; he suggested the story had origins in editing notes received from the White House during the production, which "...may have been a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me, him being an old Hollywood guy."[19]
The film also had impact outside the U.S. In 1987, during the era of Mikhail Gorbachev's glasnost and perestroika reforms, the film was shown on Soviet television. Four years earlier, Georgia Rep. Elliott Levitas and 91 co-sponsors introduced a resolution in the U.S. House of Representatives "[expressing] the sense of the Congress that the American Broadcasting Company, the Department of State, and the U.S. Information Agency should work to have the television movie The Day After aired to the Soviet public."[22]

Threads >>>>>> The Day After

Americans fuck off

>no other apocalypse movies set in australia

Miracle Mile
Threads
The Day After
Nostradamus narrated by Orson Welles

this

hhhhhnnnnnnngggg

Even the cover is nice. Nothing better than Valley girls with guns.

imdb.com/title/tt0483607/

this is unironically a good film

It would have been better had they not used so many cuts during the action scenes.

Regina Belmont: Come on Hector, the MAC-10 submachine gun was practically designed for housewives.
> [When her MAC-10 jams during target practice]
Samantha Belmont: See, this is the problem with these things. Daddy would have gotten us Uzis.

Cloverfield

The Mist

>it's an user thinks the president can launch nukes all by himself with the press of a button when in reality he has to convene with several other people including the Secretary of defense among them.

I'll never forgive the suits that ruined this movie by meddling because they didn't get it. Tank girl is love!
Also early Naomi Watts role as jet girl.

This. The one thing technology cultists hate most is that if our civilization were to collapse, nature wouldn't be that affected, and some humans would still survive. It doesn't matter what we do!

The road would probably fit into a lot. And make me cry to boot

The Road is interesting because it doesn't really seem like the aftermath of a nuclear war. It seems more like either a supervolcano eruption or an extinction level asteroid strike.