How come Morrison seems to have been the only Justice League writer not intimidated by writing the cast at full power?

How come Morrison seems to have been the only Justice League writer not intimidated by writing the cast at full power?

As far as I can tell there really isn't any nerfing or jobbing in any of Morrison's run. Superman is practically Silver Age powerful, Batman is Batgod, Aquaman's not a joke at all, Flash is a monster. Yet Morrison seems to handle it all with ease, and manages to give the League threat after threat, crisis after crisis, that's actually worthy of their enormous power.

Is it really that hard a balance to strike?

But it had no character development

The league doesent need character development

this

Because Morrison actually likes all the characters and is not afraid to have them at full potential.

He also realizes that superhero comics are about heroes pulling off incredible and absurd stunts so he has no problem in writing a Batgod or all the other things you said.

I suck Morrison's dick a little too much, but really, this is why.

>Superman is practically Silver Age powerful
You need to read Silver Age before making that claim faggot.

>Because Morrison actually likes all the characters
Does that mean aquaman auctualy gets to do stuff in the league

Sounds interesting when was his run.

Yeah it was dope.

JLA volume 3, 01-41

Not really. He's just there.

yeah, he mindrapes a white martian and holds off two members of the Crime Syndicate by himself

He gave one guy seizures by control the portion of his brain that he inherited from his aquatic ancestry.

he got some badass moments.

Oh wow I'm read it now only on the second page and we are already starting out big

Poor Mr president

It's good fun, my favourite League run by far

I think this has got to be the best single panel I have ever seen

I really don't like this aquaman costume though aquaman needs his armor shirt

Oh I dident even notice the arm at first

Well that's odd I got up to page 59 and then it's all just black for the rest of the volume must not have downloaded right

correct

That's why SS>>>>JL

Eh, I really wouldn't compare the two books, man. They're really striving for two different roles/goals.

Not to mention Suicide Squad only has like one good run.

Ah excellent deleted and redownloaded it again and its fine now not ideal with my limited bandwidth but oh well back to reading

>Not to mention Suicide Squad only has like one good run.
Honestly, Suicide Squad only WORKED as a run during the 80's.
Without the Cold War as a backdrop and a general embarrassingly lacking grasp most modern comics writers have of current events there's really no reason for them to exist as Batman points out himself near the end of Ostrander's run.
Now the actual "enemies of America" are guys we don't need to use shady black ops teams to fight because pretty much everyone can agree they need to be put down, and the big nations that we ARE opposed to we fight with on levels where a couple of really clever bankers and trade agreements end up doing more damage then some deniable assets unit could.

Wait what the fuck happened to Supermans colors
This should be interesting

I'm glad to see that amazo was apparently before this run started so is unlikely to show up fuck amazo

Because you have to come up with some ridiculously overpowered villains to match up with them. I remember the Key being on the verge of wiping out all of existence by trapping the league in their sleep.

So what you ended up with were immortal keikaku masters that could destroy planets with their fists.

why would a middle aged failure worry about power levels when he's high as shit the whole time

How is he a failure?

Who cares? It's a team book. Plus any character development would be erased anyway.