Passengers Fan cut

Hi, I made a fan cut of the Passengers that you might like. I have it on YT for friends, but I'd really like to share it with you, any good way to share new Cuts of whole movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0BwZ_x2dP37hHTGM1b2NBTzgtWHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just shoot it through to my email senpai

What's different about it?

Passengers was fine. I don't see how an edit could possibly make it better.

if you rearrange it a bit it would be better

Probably just cutting out the beginning with Chris Pratt by himself

Nice nerdwriter1 opinion

What's wrong with unlisted on yt. Just make a new account. Or upload it to mega.

>if you cut it this meme way, it would've been better

this

Its pretty basic drawn out hollywood stuff, my cut goes more into the psychology of stuff, there's small nips and tucks and some big rearrangement. I'm also making an alternative second cut just for fun but that requires way more time and I don't think I have all the scenes for that to make a good impact.

drive.google.com/open?id=0BwZ_x2dP37hHTGM1b2NBTzgtWHc

But there you go, have fun.

mega is a pain in the ass to upload now, they make you sign up if you want to share the link

Honestly the movie got way too much flak. It's an okay movie.

I fucking hate redditors and their shit opinions, and reddit tomatoes as well.

plz stay away from any kind of job in the film industry

Thank you, very precise criticism imo

Really bad jesus man kys

Wow, very wise words my friend. Literally WRITE instead of shitting up the thread, no point in barebone opinions

It already got taken down on yt lol

Cuts out some powerful moments of Preston being in isolation (while not being at the same time) and the torture he is subjected to by his situation. I think the original could have used more of that and done a better job with it, with maybe a bit slower pacing. Although, I do like being introduced to Preston at the same time as Lane, so that when it is revealed that he woke her up, it is more powerful, I'd include at least flashbacks to show things from Preston's perspective for the viewer to better understand his tragedy especially since you chose to imply his death. You chose to kill the viewer's empathy for the character, so his death is hardly emotional, but his death would not necessarily make the movie any better no matter what other inclusions or cuts were made. The characters not living out the rest of their lives with just one another removes an important message of the movie.

Those are some valid points, depending a little on the perspective imo. I agree maybe I could include flashbacks, but we also get to see the same torture through Lawrence's characters so it would have created more empathy for our killer, Preston. He is still in my eyes a murderer, he didn't chose a victim on random, but planned it, but I left that to up in the air in the beginning when I cut out the androids "excellent choice" line.

His death is significant because it implies the same circle might yet repeat itself once again when Lawrence is alone if she doesn't make the "right" choice of dying alone.

I think the emotional struggle/confusion of the viewer having empathy for a murderer is better than it being reduced down to him simply being a bad guy. It also doesn't really set up for the view to understand how Lane could also maybe eventually make the same decision.

The ending isn't necessarily better in my opinion, just different.

Well as I said, its perspective, we learn his emotional struggle through Lawrences, and the flashbacks would have maybe been too much on the nose. He really needs to seem a like the biggest asshole at first imo so the twist has a lot of weight

>Well as I said, its perspective, we learn his emotional struggle through Lawrences
At what point? The entire time we are with her character, she at least has another human being to interact with. The viewer can imagine the experience Preston had, but it isn't the same as showing and experiencing it with him.

>He really needs to seem a like the biggest asshole at first imo so the twist has a lot of weight
But you did the opposite. In chronological order, we realize he is an asshole, but one that we can empathize with. In your arrangement, he goes from good guy in the same bad circumstance as Lane to asshole.

> only redeeming film feature
> remove it entirely

Y tho.