Stargate SG-1

Daily Reminder that Stargate SG-1 was the best sci-fi show ever on television.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ba8s9giBY
strawpoll.me/12851203/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

farscape was better

Agreed.
But stargate was stargate and fats cape.

Daniel was clearly the best character on the show

OUT

farscape is better

Is StarGate a mini Star Trek?

youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ba8s9giBY

for a child

Any of you anons here from last night?

[Spoiler] I'm the guy that didn't know lore [/spoiler]

Fuck phoneposting autocorrect.

Truly is the best Sci-fi show. Currently researching it and am in season 8, Teal'c with hair is strange.

Last 3 seasons are a bit mediocre, so be warned

Does anyone got a line on a download of the extended version of S08E18 episode Threads?

Ba'al was the best Goold.

>Bratac approves

Literally just watched that had the same thought.

Tony was the best guest star.

Silly user, that's not Battlestar Galactica
We don't talk about Season 4 though

Agreed.

battlestar galatica and farscape were way better stargate is shit only watched when i sick and off school

>We don't talk about Season 4 though
it's already shit after season 1.
Should I start listing why again?

Also, by going with yours, 3 seasons vs 10 (or 7 ) is still makes SG1 winning

>Pegasus
>New Caprica
>Final Five

I think not.

Quality vs Quantity.

One thing I really liked is that, even though the show is fairly episodic, you can a real sense of progression. At the start sg-1 are really outgeared by everything in the galaxy, at the end they have gigantic space cruisers and all kinds of cool tech. That sense of technological progression is something I'd like to see more of in shows.
also
>it's a colonel mayborne episode
best episodes

You haven't even watched Farscape, Stargate is PG in comparison

none of you were born yet when the best sci-fi show ever was on

It went downhill towards the end. It became an action adventure show. I liked it because the early stuff really got into how people from earth would have to deal with other cultures and ethical interactions.

Guy was charismatic as fuck, I'd be fine with him enslaving earth.

true, should've said it's for a horny child in his puberty

This was great
>we are now almost 20 years into the future from the show's setting

New Caprica was the only good thing about S3 and the Final Five was a lame ass reveal, tbhwyfamalamadingdong.

Why?

Ellen being a cylon was bad but others were okay.

Anyone else here get addicted to this intentionally cliche sci-fi show? They kept putting in just enough interesting storyline an technical accuracy that I couldnt stop watching it.

You could tell they totally just pulled those names out of a hat.

>mfw no posts wacko in a Stargate thread

Just to add to this because fuck, you just made me remember how big of a shitshow the entire second half of BSG was, that whole final 5 plotline was pure ass and even retroactively ruined plots going back to the beginning. Like remember how big of a fucking deal Hera was? Well we still got Chief and Callie's kid. But no one gives a shit about him so lets just stop talking about him because we only have ten episodes left. Oh yeah and remember how the Final Five was actually supposed to be the Final Six? Six characters is too hard. Lets just pretend one of them never existed! XD

P.S. Starbuck is a ghost or some shit.

he was literally the worst character. mary sue faggot who only joined the team because "muh sha're". his only character development is becoming more of an annoying asshole.

That scene where she removes her bra only to review a smaller bra was great.

I unironically liked Stargate Universe and wish there was more

bad chart

strawpoll.me/12851203/r

I don't see Red Dwarf on there.

You forgot to put Doctor Who in elder god tier.

it got MUCH better when they abandoned the BSG rip-off theme (muh survival) and focused on destiny's mission

I just want to throw out Buck Rogers in the 21st Century. If you havent seen it its worth a watch

fact or fiction?
more fact, because a stargate was discovered in Iraq which was the reason for the USA invasion of Iraq

Is it better then trek?